It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Eat Lying Threads Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Whether against the rules or not it reminds me of the Woe Unto Sinners everyone is in dirty diapers, and stinketh to high heavens....thread.

Well, welcome to planet earth.

I think keeping people in boxes, lest their virgin eyes behold some prodding towards truth or a variant of scripture and another thought is a terrible thing to do. Regress consciousness!
edit on 7-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

In the other thread he says to Christians to ignore anyone who asks questions etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How can we have a discussion when the person is ignoring anyone who speaks against his religion?.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

DISRAELI
reply to post by akushla99

As I've already pointed it, he NEVER, at any point in the OP, says that we should not discuss the OP.
In fact (as I've already pointed out, again) I've already had my own discussion with him on this thread criticising his view.

"Brothers and sisters in Christ stay away from the threads on this website which feed lies and may be designated for you to lose your faith. Do not respond to those threads which speak lies contrary to the Lord's truth. Neither feed the flesh of those who wish to argue with you and stir up the flesh by questioning the truth that truly is from the Lord."

I think you may have missed some pertinent terminology...

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

Yes correct brother or sister but it is up to you to discern what to do. But by all means do not argue. Alot of people are not asking us for the reason that the hope that is in us but rather want to criticize and argue with us.

Your hope the world will be destroyed? The Armageddon? Indeed I think if you are hopeful the world is going to end then yeah you may get a few people laughing directly in your face due to your pathetic insanity.

CJ

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

akushla99
"Brothers and sisters in Christ stay away from the threads on this website which feed lies and may be designated for you to lose your faith. Do not respond to those threads which speak lies contrary to the Lord's truth. Neither feed the flesh of those who wish to argue with you and stir up the flesh by questioning the truth that truly is from the Lord."

You should also have bolded "from the threads on this website which..."

Where does he ever define his own thread as one which "feeds lies"?
How plausible is it that he would?
Where does he ever define his own thread as one designated to make Christians lose their faith?
Where does he ever define his own thread as one which speaks lies contrary to the Lord's truth?
Where does he ever define his own thread as one which questions the truth which is truly from the Lord?

In other words, absolutely nothing in what you're quoting adds up to an instruction not to discuss his own thread.
And you know that perfectly well, which is why i say that your ingenious argument is disingenuous.

edit on 7-12-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A) Where does he ever define his own thread as one which "feeds lies"? B) How plausible is it that he would? C) Where does he ever define his own thread as one designated to make Christians lose their faith? D) How plausible is it that he would? E) Where does he ever define his own thread as one which speaks lies contrary to the Lord's truth? F) How plausible is it that he would? G) Where does he ever define his own thread as one which questions the truth which is truly from the Lord? H) How plausible is it that he would? In other words, absolutely nothing in what you're quoting adds up to an instruction not to discuss his own thread. And you know that perfectly well, which is why i say that your ingenious argument is disingenuous."

A) he/she doesn't - and I never said he/she did...and he/she certainly wouldn't admit to it anyway
B) plausability rests on what? That he/she is correct in the assumption that they are not lies?...but, any other posit, is?
C) he/she doesn't
D) refer to B
E) he/she doesn't
F) refer to B
G) he/she doesn't
H) refer to B

then what is to be discussed?

Å99
edit on 7-12-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

akushla99

Since the content of the OP said that Christians should stay away from "faith-attacking" threads, we can always discuss whether he was right or wrong to say so.
That's what I did, much earlier in this thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

DISRAELI

akushla99

Since the content of the OP said that Christians should stay away from "faith-attacking" threads, we can always discuss whether he was right or wrong to say so.
That's what I did, much earlier in this thread.

Then I am with you...and it is wrong! Especially on a site which is clearly NOT a dedicated Christian site, especially in an open forum discussion context, especially in a topic heading that does NOT distinguish between beliefs in any specific way...

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Stick your head in the sand!
And let jesus have his way with you!
My god, is an awesome god, hes soooo, much better than yours~

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So, in other words, you would positively want Christians to participate in non-Christian threads, as against the OP advice that they should stay away?
I would agree with you, but probably for different reasons. My argument was that staying away was not actually benefitting the Christian interest.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

DISRAELI

So, in other words, you would positively want Christians to participate in non-Christian threads, as against the OP advice that they should stay away?
I would agree with you, but probably for different reasons. My argument was that staying away was not actually benefitting the Christian interest.

Precisely, and vice versa...but, the onus is on the reader to not become the poster, by thier own volition...so 'staying away' is an individual posters call...
What cannot be done is blanket ban, through some form of self-conferred control mechanism, that, Christians should NOT RESPOND...and I agree, there is no benefit to anyone in submitting to this kind of ad hoc determination from random poster somewhere on the globe...

Discuss...

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Is it all right with everyone if I admit to a certain degree of confusion over this thread? It seems that the discussion so far is whether it's advisable to discuss this discussion, because it may not be advisable. Then I start felling dizzy.

I, personally, welcome threads that venture forth to attack my faith, and even more, those threads that claim to be able to prove it. There is the chance I could be wrong, and this is too important a subject to be wrong about.

Assume, some one presents a seemingly flawless argument attacking faith. It could be that faith is wrong, but it is becoming more and more my belief that I just didn't see the flaw. Turning to a wise person, or sometimes even getting a night's sleep, usually clears up the difficulty.

So, if no one minds, I'll keep exposing myself to anti-faith, anti-Christian, and anti-Catholic arguments. (At least until people start getting goofy or hate-filled.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

At the latter end of the thread we were just coming to the agreement that this (ie looking over genuine arguments) was the right thing to do, and that the OP's advice was misguided.

edit on 7-12-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I hope you understand how weak you made Christians sound with your OP. Christians who are confident in their faith do not need to hide from dissenters, they need to confront lest they look like cowards.

What you are doing is making it sound like you have a faulty faith and are afraid of other shattering the illusion for your fellow believers. Give your brothers and sisters more credit than that.

Even though I often challenge a Christian's understanding of their own holy books, it is often I who am left standing, defending their beliefs against others because they choose not to defend themselves or they hide behind a verse that answers nothing. You are encouraging this.

Don't forget there are witnesses to debates about your religion and those witnesses can be swayed towards, or away from, your faith by your responses. When you tell others to hide under the bed and not entertain objective questioning, those that observe the debate will run from your god and not towards him.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

charles1952
Is it all right with everyone if I admit to a certain degree of confusion over this thread? It seems that the discussion so far is whether it's advisable to discuss this discussion, because it may not be advisable. Then I start felling dizzy.

I, personally, welcome threads that venture forth to attack my faith, and even more, those threads that claim to be able to prove it. There is the chance I could be wrong, and this is too important a subject to be wrong about.

Assume, some one presents a seemingly flawless argument attacking faith. It could be that faith is wrong, but it is becoming more and more my belief that I just didn't see the flaw. Turning to a wise person, or sometimes even getting a night's sleep, usually clears up the difficulty.

So, if no one minds, I'll keep exposing myself to anti-faith, anti-Christian, and anti-Catholic arguments. (At least until people start getting goofy or hate-filled.)

With respect,
Charles1952

...as confused as I was by the 2 almost identical threads begun by OP...surely, the annealing of faith is tempering it in fire...not, wrapping it in cotton wool...

Hate-filled is a 2 way street...despite euphemistic terminology...we all should be capable of telling each other how words are affecting us...

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Isn't it a Christians duty to try and guide non believers to the light? How can a person who supposed to love everyone like Christ said to do just leave these people in darkness. They will never know the love of Christ if you don't have the strength of your faith to enter these threads like Daniel in the lions' den.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
reply to post by masqua

I propose a new section mr Lawgiver... called "Atheism"

because it's not a religion, faith or theology, although I am still trying to figure that out exactly.

Atheism is a faith driven view just as Christianety from my point of view. The more a person experience the less faith and more knowledge people get since they know "what is", not an idol of "what is".

Op and SisyphusRide and any other who thinks of themselves as Christians. I want to know the different views of the Christians on Ats.

So where wil you put me? A person who experience chakras and chi and have used Reiki on other people bodies so that they feel relaxed and comfortable. Like Jesus but think the message has been diverted by either Paul or the people who decided what to add to the bible, and think that revelations is talking about chakras in the body that mystics have used for ages but are mostly unknown/unused by the believers of the christian faith.

Am I a lost one to god, since I do not think that the view of the christian church is the view of god and frankly is sometimes counter to what I view Jesus taught? Am I a lost one to god, because I seem to see gods work thru other men and women for instance Krishna, Buddha and Nanak?

To make it clear I am not interested in faith in god, especially not one who box my mind and awareness in. I am interested in symbiosis with and knowledge of all "that is" (including god).
edit on 7-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Last I checked Christians were told to go out into the world, not hide from it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Isn't it a Christians duty to try and guide non believers to the light?
No. It isn't. Wrong religion. Some are to be missionaries, some exhorters, some healers, etc. There's a wide variety of gifts and missions.

If there is one Christian mission, at least in my mind, it is to increase in love for God and my neighbor.

There are a lot of proverbs and homely sayings about pearls before swine, wrestling with pigs, arguing with idiots, and the like. Sometimes it is pretty apparent that there won't be a real discussion, it's just a game. No sense wasting anymore time after one gets to that stage.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by buster2010

Isn't it a Christians duty to try and guide non believers to the light?
No. It isn't. Wrong religion. Some are to be missionaries, some exhorters, some healers, etc. There's a wide variety of gifts and missions.

If there is one Christian mission, at least in my mind, it is to increase in love for God and my neighbor.

There are a lot of proverbs and homely sayings about pearls before swine, wrestling with pigs, arguing with idiots, and the like. Sometimes it is pretty apparent that there won't be a real discussion, it's just a game. No sense wasting anymore time after one gets to that stage.

1st Peter

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join