It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay Strong Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Stay strong brothers and sisters in Christ. Develop greater faith and a better relationship in and with the Lord Jesus Christ. Learn to truly hear his voice and to distinguish it between his voice, the flesh or satan. Do not believe everything but test it to see if it comes from the Lord.

Beware of those in these last days who try to throw darts at your faith by twisting truth, and telling you lies. Children of The Most High God turn your ears from such lies and from those who tell them. If something or someone causes you to question your faith in Christ, IMMEDIATELY turn away from it or them and pray to the Father in Jesus Christ name to restore your faith and increase it.

Be careful children of The Most High God of who you listen to on this website and threads on this website meant to throw darts at your faith. Do not stumble upon the lies which are planted in this websites threads.

May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all and bless you.
edit on 7-12-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

So If someone has the God given intelligence to wonder If they are in the right club they should ignore their intelligence and continue living in La la land?.
Last days? how long have you lot been saying that? last days? is actually the death of man made religion...can't wait for that.
Deny ignorance indeed.
edit on 7-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Example Christians, do not reply to such a reply as above or below neither feed them, ignore them and there reply.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Consider this: The nature of INFINITY is such that any part or fraction of INFINITY is also infinite.

In other words, you can divide or multiply infinity, cut it up down to the smallest imaginable fraction, and all those would also be infinite.

Since I just ran out of Coffee, such would indicate a FINITE/Limited Universe.

Nothing Infinite could exist within a finite structure.

Thus, no God exists, unless such a thing is limited, and by limitation FLAWED and imperfect.

Now, I must go get some more coffee.

edit on 12/7/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
Be careful children of The Most High God of who you listen to on this website and threads on this website meant to throw darts at your faith. Do not stumble upon the lies which are planted in this websites threads.

Could you please provide links for those threads? I might be one of the culprits, but rest assured, I suck at darts. You'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Goto a Christian website If you don't want people to question things.
ATS has opened my eyes to see how ficked the world is because of your religious nonsense, the persecuted poor me but Iam better than thou Christian is a bane on humanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

The threads which speak lies contrary to the truth that is from the Lord, and threads which speak lies disguised as truth in which throw darts at the Christian faith.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
Stay strong brothers and sisters in Christ. Develop greater faith and a better relationship in and with the Lord Jesus Christ. Learn to truly hear his voice and to distinguish it between his voice, the flesh or satan. Do not believe everything but test it to see if it comes from the Lord.

Beware of those in these last days who try to throw darts at your faith by twisting truth, and telling you lies. Children of The Most High God turn your ears from such lies and from those who tell them. If something or someone causes you to question your faith in Christ, IMMEDIATELY turn away from it or them and pray to the Father in Jesus Christ name to restore your faith and increase it.

...or you could just sermonise on a Christian forum, instead of hijacking the Religion, Faith and Theology section of this one...other than that, this is an open discussion forum - so it's inevitable that you'll get detractors...I think everyone is pretty sick and tired of the 'the end is nigh' crap...and if you're not preaching to the converted (nay, don't even want them participating on an open forum) you really should be on a hi-five site, where no-one's going to crash your party...so that you can't, in all honesty and intelligence, turn around and say posters ARE being detracting...that's a really stupid game to be playing...very 4 year old...

Å99
edit on 7-12-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Good grief, how about people "Deny Ignorance" and think for themselves. Or is that to much to ask?

Whether you know it or not learning and critical thinking is good for the mind and soul.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by lupodigubbio

The threads which speak lies contrary to the truth that is from the Lord, and threads which speak lies disguised as truth in which throw darts at the Christian faith.

Oh shut up.

Peace be with you.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Question...All the other people in the entire world who aren't Christian by choice, how do you feel about them? Even the ones who have decided not to convert or are inconvincible. You know, the other good guys.

Where do they fit into Gods plan?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived

I am not going to church every week, but I know what you are talking about, evil is still around us like a shadow behind a bush.

What I have to say in this religious context will be something you might be very familiar with, this being Ephesian 6: 12 :

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

To this I could add, live by the virtue at any given time and be aware of the hypocrisy waiting in the corner when you did not think about, be ready at any time.

Peace be with you fellow brother,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
Consider this: The nature of INFINITY is such that any part or fraction of INFINITY is also infinite.

In other words, you can divide or multiply infinity, cut it up down to the smallest imaginable fraction, and all those would also be infinite.

Since I just ran out of Coffee, such would indicate a FINITE/Limited Universe.

Nothing Infinite could exist within a finite structure.

Thus, no God exists, unless such a thing is limited, and by limitation FLAWED and imperfect.

Now, I must go get some more coffee.

edit on 12/7/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

What if God is not someone but an idea of pure virtue, these being strength, fate, charity, justice, temperance, hope and caution. You probably know that Christianity has its root in Judaïsm which comes from a big mix including and worth of mention of the Babylonian religion.

Now I do not think here the real thing is necessarily to prove God as to be or not to be, but to take the good concepts and philosophy that were attributed to this monotheistic deity and apply it in our own life. If we were to do as such, the world would never be the same I am pretty sure you are aware of this.

Considering God is described as a being which is credited to have created the heaven and earth (space and planet earth?) it must be something very powerful, but do you see how funny it is similar to the scientific concept of the Big Bang?

I will put it again as I believe it is of great relevancy to include it in this post here is Ephesian 6, verse 12: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

I believe we have to look further than literal meaning if we are to understand the bible better. The moment it becomes a doctrine, it becomes corrupted, therefore we should be free to do as we please about it, but discernment is the key to deal with this kind of writing.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

And against the penners of threads on ATS.........BEWARE!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

2WitnessesArrived

Does testing require the opinion of the priest class or can a Christian distinguish between God and Satan on their own? How would you know who is right if there were two Christians who listen to the same voice but one says it's holy and the other says it's from the flesh?

2WitnessesArrived

So even truth, if it makes you question your beliefs, will be labeled "lies"?

2WitnessesArrived

Perhaps you should help your fellow Christians by debating in those threads with logic instead of fear and warnings.

2WitnessesArrived

If you truly believe that your Lord Jesus Christ is with you and all of your brethren, why the need for this warning in the first place? I think it is you who needs to wear the armor and shield that is the word of your lord when speaking to those like me. I don't bite and those like me provide you with a platform on which to demonstrate your faith to others who might be questioning their faith. Such denial and head-burying will only chase them away.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Cuervo because: spellin' schmellin'

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Except that God pre-existed this universe and thus is outside it. So why would you expect Him to be bound by the same rules you and I are?

What you're positing would be like saying that if a computer programmer writes a program, he must therefore be defined by it and live according to its rules. I don't see MMO devs suddenly being stuck within their programmed virtual worlds.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

eisegesis

Question...All the other people in the entire world who aren't Christian by choice, how do you feel about them? Even the ones who have decided not to convert or are inconvincible. You know, the other good guys.

Where do they fit into Gods plan?

God speaks to them, or He doesn't. They will find Him, or they won't. The Bible is pretty clear about this.

As to whether or not one must explicitly be Christian in order to accomplish this ... I can't say. That's between them and God at the end of it all. Only He can judge that. It's not my place.

I think Christ's words are pretty clear here, but I won't rule out the possibility that others may find their way. There may be more to His words than just the surface truth and meaning. I won't presume to second guess Him, and again, trying to divine who will and won't find the Gate is not my place to judge.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Even though my question wasn't directed at you, which if it was, may have been asked differently, I will respect your answer. I really don't think you and the OP fell off the same wagon though.

This is what prompted me to reply:

2WitnessesArrived

If I immediately turned away from something, it wouldn't even allow me enough time to try and understand why I was turning away from it in the first place.

Dealing with Christians who wear their faith on the outside have always instilled a state of pity towards me because I have not found Him yet. To them I say, He will never be found because I am not looking. Do not pity me.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join