It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if one major country disclosed major proof...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Let's say, tomorrow, China or Russia announced their knowledge and evidence of intelligent extraterrestrials. What would be the worldwide reaction? Also, take the top 10 power countries in the world who have good technology -- wouldn't at least 1 of them come forward with undisputed proof?
edit on 5-12-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Cats out the bag already. Don't think people are waiting on the big reveal, just confirmation of what they know already.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by capone1

Cats out the bag already. Don't think people are waiting on the big reveal, just confirmation of what they know already.

So why wouldn't a major country confirm it?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

They have if you believe Medvedev.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It has been revealed by several countries.

Probably whether any traction has been made depends on whether you mainly listen to the US MSM or have regular access to a wider variety of sources.

And of course, for the cost of several hundred hours' research, you can find out stuff that will blow your socks off. Then, there's the issue of vetting it all and figuring out what's info, disinfo, and fantasy.

Maybe the question really is, WHO would we believe if they 'came clean'? China? The Pentagon/White House complex? The Kremlin? Some small country we otherwise never hear from?

And then what? I think the vast majority of humanity will say, 'I don't care if you can prove it, I refuse to believe it...' and will go back to their Bibles.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Dear signalfire,

I think you're right but I do have one little change to offer, at least as far as my reaction.

And then what? I think the vast majority of humanity will say, 'I don't care if you can prove it, I refuse to believe it...' and will go back to their Bibles.

I think I would say, " 'I don't care if you can prove it, it's no real surprise, I just hope we don't contaminate them with our hatred, greed, and envy' and will go back to my Bible.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I agree with you. A few of my friends think i'm mental for suggesting Aliens exist. I say, "look it up for yourself" and "the evidence suggests....". Obviously mentioning beings live on the moon is a conversation killer.
MSM has a-lot to answer for IMO.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

capone1

EA006
reply to post by capone1

So why wouldn't a major country confirm it?

The questions that will follow and the freedom of information act.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'm talking CONFIRMATION. Not text.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't want this thread to go into the debate of whether or not Grays exist. I want to know what may be holding back major countries from revealing major confirmation.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

signalfire
It has been revealed by several countries.

Probably whether any traction has been made depends on whether you mainly listen to the US MSM or have regular access to a wider variety of sources.

And of course, for the cost of several hundred hours' research, you can find out stuff that will blow your socks off. Then, there's the issue of vetting it all and figuring out what's info, disinfo, and fantasy.

Maybe the question really is, WHO would we believe if they 'came clean'? China? The Pentagon/White House complex? The Kremlin? Some small country we otherwise never hear from?

What does "coming clean" even mean anymore when it comes to powerful countries, especially when it requires concrete proof?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Anything claiming Aliens better HAVE Aliens.

I, for one, have yet to see even just one.

Can anyone show me an actual, real, alien; alive, or dead?
*drawings, illustrations, CGI, puppets, and Latex sculptures filled with animal parts don't count*

edit on 12/5/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

capone1

Well as someone once said (Kissinger regarding the Pentagon Papers?) 'how lucky for us that Americans don't read...'.

Trouble is, you've got language barriers and cultural barriers and news outlet barriers.

A while ago a Japanese equivalent of a Senator stood up and declared 9-11 an inside job. It's pretty common knowledge across Europe. But in the US, denial is still not a river in Egypt, but a daily repetitive mantra on the teevee and any other stance is ridiculed almost violently.

So if the Japanese announced it, would everyone believe them? Would a discussion ensue that garnered full worldwide interest? What about Italy? Denmark? Lithuania?

A representative of China at the People's Hearing for Disclosure back in April came right out and firmly hinted that if the US didn't Disclose and soon, they would. So we may find out soon.

Richard Doland wrote a book recently considering this very topic, 'A.D., After Disclosure' considering the process. As he pointed out, it's not like the POTUS could simply make a 2 minute statement to the effect of, 'yeah Roswell really happened and we've been reverse engineering alien craft for the last 60+ years, I'm going on vacation now, bye' and walk away from the podium. The followup questions would be neverending.

And since it would appear that the US government has lied more than any other government to their people and the world, why are they expected to be the final arbiter of truth? Heck, if they decided to announce it, I'd have to rethink my whole take on the subject, figuring there had to be a new angle now to be deciphered.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

capone1
I don't want this thread to go into the debate of whether or not Grays exist. I want to know what may be holding back major countries from revealing major confirmation.

The closest I can come to answering your question is, 'the US has forbidden it and they have all the bombs', and for now, the reserve currency, because the UFO researchers are pretty clear that dozens of countries have proof.

I'm not sure that all have actual bodies to proffer, but they most certainly have radar returns of craft doing yet-impossible speeds and maneuvers, and possibly actual ongoing interactions.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

signalfire

capone1

Well as someone once said (Kissinger regarding the Pentagon Papers?) 'how lucky for us that Americans don't read...'.

Trouble is, you've got language barriers and cultural barriers and news outlet barriers.

A while ago a Japanese equivalent of a Senator stood up and declared 9-11 an inside job. It's pretty common knowledge across Europe. But in the US, denial is still not a river in Egypt, but a daily repetitive mantra on the teevee and any other stance is ridiculed almost violently.

So if the Japanese announced it, would everyone believe them? Would a discussion ensue that garnered full worldwide interest? What about Italy? Denmark? Lithuania?

A representative of China at the People's Hearing for Disclosure back in April came right out and firmly hinted that if the US didn't Disclose and soon, they would. So we may find out soon.

Richard Doland wrote a book recently considering this very topic, 'A.D., After Disclosure' considering the process. As he pointed out, it's not like the POTUS could simply make a 2 minute statement to the effect of, 'yeah Roswell really happened and we've been reverse engineering alien craft for the last 60+ years, I'm going on vacation now, bye' and walk away from the podium. The followup questions would be neverending.

And since it would appear that the US government has lied more than any other government to their people and the world, why are they expected to be the final arbiter of truth? Heck, if they decided to announce it, I'd have to rethink my whole take on the subject, figuring there had to be a new angle now to be deciphered.

So, what are the "barriers" holding them back? Wouldn't other major countries not including the U.S. be excited to reveal absolute proof?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The problem with anyone announcing anything about anything, regardless of what it is, there's such a demographic of distrust when it comes to anything coming out of Government, that, unless they can produce an Alien, even if whoever is POTUS announces it, there's going to be factions claiming the old go-to favorite buzz word "false flag".

That's if it comes from a major player on the board.
If some nation that no one really takes all that seriously pops up and claims aliens, no one will take them seriously ... unless they can produce aliens.

Produce the goods, and we're more done than dinner.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Well you can't really say it like that. The west pulls the strings of the other smaller countries and they don't really have a a say. I mean take Phillipines as an example, they really need our help and rightly so. But hey don't do what we want and next time we won't help you.

Well that is kinda how it is.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Wouldn't other major countries not including the U.S. be excited to reveal absolute proof?

Depends. "Good afternoon everyone, we are here today to reveal one of modern man's most sought after answers. The undeniable proof of ET's........bla bla bla........". "On a side note however they're really evil, they kidnap people, experiment on them, genetically tamper with them. Oh and they eat them. Also, they've been living here for a while now........"

Mmmm....

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The speech would probably go something like this,to make it believable to the entire world, let's say it was the U.S. government doing the reveal and we will call our speech reader general Hammond for the sake of argument , cause we know they would never give an honor like disclosure to an idiot like Obama. General Hammond would approach the podium in front of the white house in front of a vast amount of tv cameras, like I said the speech would go something like this, " Good afternoon my fellow Americans and the people of planet earth, today is a day that will be remembered by humanity for thousands of years, today I have the honor of being the individual who gets to bring all of humanity into the next era of life on earth. Today is the day that I get to reveal to all of humanity that we are not alone in the universe. Now I will be disseminating and array of information to you today in a number of segments, first let me start by saying that this is something that various groups within the United States have known about for the past 60 years and the reason it was not revealed sooner is because all of us involved wanted to make sure that the intergalactic people that we encountered were not a threat or a danger to humanity, after many years of diplomacy with our intergalactic brethren, it is believed by all of the agencies involved that they are not of any threat or danger to humanity, which is why we believe it is time this information is to be shared with the entire planet. Now we realize that many segments of humanity may have a difficult time accepting this reality, and there are many segments of humanity whose religious beliefs will be irreparably damaged with this revelation, there are also segments of our society that are going to be mistrustfull of this information finally being revealed after all of these years. As I've said we have been in diplomatic negotiations with our intergalactic brethren, for many years in secret until we were confident that they were not a threat or danger to humanity, and as well we have been working very hard to show our intergalactic brethren that humanity would not be a threat or danger to them as well, so I will ask the whole of humanity today to not act in a manner that would make our visitors feel that we are a threat or adanger to them, wwhile we realize that the whole of humanity may boot accept what we are here to show you today, we ask the responsible members of humanity to calm and ease the segments of humanity that might not react to well to this revelation.we ask the responsible members of humanity to help with the segments of society who might lose control, to help them not react to badly. As we are aware that this may be difficult to accept and understand. Now I will be proving everything that I have just said to you, and so that there are no surprises I am going to tell you what is going to harken before it happens. What is going to be happening is that the United States is going to be arriving in our first intergalactic vessel to this location with the delegates from another world. This vessel is currently in orbit above us right now. As I've said please remain calm and stay put and please do not react in an fearful or dangerous manner while this event is happening, please remain calm so that I can prove to our intergalactic brethren that the whole of humanity will be accepting of their presence here today." At which point in time General Hammond calls the U.S.S. constitution in orbit and orders them to hover above the white house, and to beam our visitors to the stage where he will introduce them to all of humanity. I could see it happening something like that

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm guessing most Aliens are pretty neutral when it come to nationalities, considering they aren't blowing other places up, or giving technology or advice. Guess their not picking favorites.

Or maybe they wanna shake our hands, while the other hand has a gun pointed at us.
edit on 6-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join