It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if one major country disclosed major proof...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I think as long as we have organized religions, there will never be the big disclosure you are hoping for. The discovery of such life would force the question:

"Who does god love better?"

That question alone would send man into decades of warfare...it could even destroy him.
Religion isn't ready for a alien sister or alien brother from another mother. Its control would end within a few generations so even if alien life is prolific in the universe, religion couldn't afford to have such knowledge embraced by it's followers.
The notion of alien life more advanced than man means to the religious "If there is a God, he loves the Grey's more than the hairless monkeys" and religion can't survive a hit like that. To go from God loves us to God forgot about us or God tolerates us or God loves Klaatu & Gort more...the religious person's own ego would destroy himself.
I can't think of any situation in which religion and first contact could occur together and not result in man's destruction.
You can have alien life...OR...you can have God.
But you can't have both.

-Peace-
edit on 6-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 6-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

You are correct, in that there will definitely be pockets of fundamentalists from the Abrahamic religions who feel and act similar to what you're saying. But overrall, I don't think religion will be a big problem. Most religions already accept the idea of life outside of humans. Including most among the Jews, Christians, and Muslims.

The biggest problem will be those who are accustomed to being "gods" amongst the people. At least in their own eyes. The royals, the political ruling class, and the mega rich. These won't easily give up control of the masses. They WILL find a way to maintain their stranglehold on this world. And if possible, they will find a way to manipulate any off-worlders too.

Disclosure comes with a price tag. A hefty one. Expect all hell to break loose if it ever really happens.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

What do you mean by the term "major proof"?

Proof is an absolute term, not a relative term, therefore any proof would be major. No one appears to have offered up any of that yet. You could have major evidence though, that I would grant you. But proof only comes in two measures, and those are "Proof" or "no proof".

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

capone1
Let's say, tomorrow, China or Russia announced their knowledge and evidence of intelligent extraterrestrials. What would be the worldwide reaction? Also, take the top 10 power countries in the world who have good technology -- wouldn't at least 1 of them come forward with undisputed proof?
edit on 5-12-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

What would the Worldwide reaction be? Amazement, Excitement, Fascination, Fear, Hope.....to name a few reactions.

How about this for a question: What would the Worldwide reaction be if they learned that there are no intelligent extraterrestrials, or ET's and that no God exists?

There are enough countries (Over 190) in the world, that could announce anything of significance.

And, there are 7.2 Billion people and growing on Planet Earth that could produce indisputable proof.

Unfortunately, this debate has been going on for centuries, and will continue for centuries well past the time we have lived and passed.

It's completely natural to want to believe in something, we are explorers by nature. We want to find something new, something better, hence, inventions. But at the end of the day, there is no tangible proof that intelligent extraterrestrials, ET's or that a God exists.

However, since approximately 51 % of the world's population believe in a God. Although I could not find a reliable source that would indicate a percentage of the world population that believes in ET's, (probably somewhere between 30-50%), About 50% of Americans do)

We're not alone in the universe -- or so say half of Americans in a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. And a quarter of Americans think that alien visitors have come to Earth.
...........it stands to reason that most people want to believe in something that exists that is greater and/or more intelligent than ourselves. Or, at a minimum, that there is 'something' out 'there' besides ourselves.

But, then, all you need to do is look up into the sky on any given night......

...and know...

Our Solar System is part of the Milky Way galaxy, a barred spiral galaxy 100,000–120,000 light-years in diameter containing 200–400 billion stars. It may contain at least as many planets, with an estimated 10 billion of those orbiting in the habitable zone of their parent stars.

Source

....and then ask? Where, How did All of this happen, begin? Is there not a possibility of intelligent life somewhere else? Is there not and Intelligent Designer behind all of this?

Surely we explorers will want to know answers to these questions for eternity...., but until we 'really' know, the debate between 'Believers and 'non-Believers' will continue!

Peace!!
edit on 6-12-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
Anything claiming Aliens better HAVE Aliens.

I, for one, have yet to see even just one.

Can anyone show me an actual, real, alien; alive, or dead?
*drawings, illustrations, CGI, puppets, and Latex sculptures filled with animal parts don't count*

Go to a 24 hour WalMart.

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

EA006
reply to post by capone1

They have if you believe Medvedev.

and see there? There you have it.

Russia has, "IF" you believe it.

It seems likely that ET disclosure could happen, and without the "invasion" no one would accept it as true.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What if disclosure/revelation have been happening on a personal basis?
I know that some might be calling it mental illness, sleep paralisys, delusion ...

Its up to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Any ET "disclosure" from governments is pointless without disclosure from an ET government.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

mbkennel

Any ET "disclosure" from governments is pointless without disclosure from an ET government.

Nice post. I want this thread to be more around these ideas and another debate about whether they exist or not.
edit on 7-12-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It would be a great tourism generator for somewhere like Kazakhstan to make available thousands of old USSR files that they somehow ended up with and had just uncovered that prove an international government cover-up (real or not, they wouldn't care), throw in a dozen downed UFO artefacts. They could build a special exhibition building for it and have it all translated in to several languages and have evening workshops and seminars and ET dinners at the "Out Of This World Café". Sure would beat the international chess championships as a tourism draw card.
edit on 11/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Somehow I think the world wants that the US government and NASA to admit their involvement in almost every aspect of extraterrestrial contact and technology.

It's a risk that they will never take. Because then you can loose control in almost every aspect we are now be forced to live in.

Religious cults will die out . People will collaborate with alien life. Chaos will rule empires will fall . Great wars will be fought finally we have to start all over like thirty thousand years and two hours thirthy minutes twenty five seconds ago...

That's what I think?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So...here is a question I've seen asked; but never answered.

What constitutes "proof"?

What would y'all accept as proof?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

0bserver1
Religious cults will die out . People will collaborate with alien life. Chaos will rule empires will fall . Great wars will be fought finally we have to start all over like thirty thousand years and two hours thirthy minutes twenty five seconds ago...

That's what I think?

Religious cults "die out"?!?? Hardly!

Hindu has been around for 8000 years, Buddha, Tao, nearly as long, Christians about 2000 years, Islam some 1300 years. They are all going strong with little indication they will go away . . . ever.

Disclosure is inevitable, and, it would be logical for Government to disclose asap. IF ET is "discovered" by the wrong "civilian" group, the government could be exposed, and have little to no control over their future. It is thus in Governments best interest to readdress these issues and use a little bit of logic and common sense. (yeah, yeah; I know...won't happen from government).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Don't get me wrong it's only what I think at the moment. Because they are now trying to close the Internet I think because they're afraid that the people are getting more power and freedom of speech.
So communities like these will no longer be able to put the pressure on.

I really love to see this happen but I'm afraid it will take along time and the clock is ticking. ..

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by tanka418

Don't get me wrong it's only what I think at the moment. Because they are now trying to close the Internet I think because they're afraid that the people are getting more power and freedom of speech.
So communities like these will no longer be able to put the pressure on.

I really love to see this happen but I'm afraid it will take along time and the clock is ticking. ..

I really don't think the pressure will ever go away.

You do understand that "closing the Internet" simply isn't possible; right? The amount of money made and transacted over the internet is simply too great to interrupt, business would never allow government to take away their livelihood.

And, ultimately; it wouldn't work anyway. One day a civilian will be traveling in space, and return home with all the "proof" needed. What will government do then?

Disclosure of ET is inevitable! It would seem quite prudent to get out ahead of it, and take control. Besides; it can be announced that "governments / administrations in the "past" hidden these things from the American people. This administration will not continue such a practice."

Blame it on the foolishness of the dead past, sidestep the angry people, and continue on.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

tanka418
So...here is a question I've seen asked; but never answered.

What constitutes "proof"?

What would y'all accept as proof?

Proof is something that CANNOT be disproved by a valid experiment. Source of definition of PROOF

Full Definition of PROOF

a : the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact
b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning
obsolete : experience
: something that induces certainty or establishes validity
archaic : the quality or state of having been tested or tried; especially : unyielding hardness
: evidence operating to determine the finding or judgment of a tribunal
a plural proofs or proof : a copy (as of typeset text) made for examination or correction
b : a test impression of an engraving, etching, or lithograph
c : a coin that is struck from a highly polished die on a polished planchet, is not intended for circulation, and sometimes differs in metallic content from coins of identical design struck for circulation
d : a test photographic print made from a negative

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't you think The Snowden Papers would contain something on this? If they are real, exposure or knowledge-based discussion about space aliens would be one of the big secrets that agencies would be monitoring for, imnho. Somewhere along the line people would talk, either higher-ups in government or science, or others who fell onto the story in another way. And these people use phones and the innernests (my pet name for the internet, which I keep as a pet in a wooden cage. It eats crickets.), so their conversations should be a priority for the spooks. Snowden either had data on this hidden in the multi-thousands pages that he squirreled away, or it was well above his pay grade and only a handful of people in the major power countries know about it. I've never seen an alien related ufo, as far as I know (that star over there??), so my speculating is just a guy at a keyboard speculating away.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

ItDepends

Proof is something that CANNOT be disproved by a valid experiment. Source of definition of PROOF

Full Definition of PROOF

a : the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact
b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning

Oh how I wish this were true!

You're gonna have troubles with "valid experiment"; it's not as well defined as yall think.

Here is some evidence that cannot be "disproven". Mathematically, probabilistically, this bit of evidence demonstrates the reality of at least one "off world visitor".

Is this evidence acceptable? Prolly not, even after your wee search for the definition of proof.

And, "Why" is this not acceptable?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There will never ..ever be any disclosure. Ever. Never. Because there doesn't need to be. No further truth is necessary or needed when proof is obvious.

And the entire world of countries, nationalities, languages and religions...will never...ever...believe it all at once no matter what.

"Proof" is already overwhelming, and has been for decades...even longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join