It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New clothes, sterile Bandages, cast for broken arms, all out of a can. Meet Fabrican !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The first part of the video has designer cloths made from a spay can. But what I found interesting was the possible medical applications this product could provide; much better than say a bottle of liquid bandage..

If you sprayed a suit on, going to the bathroom might present a problem but nothing that could not be handled by a can of Fabrican. Actually a zipper that stuck or was held to the body during application of Fabrican that had a flap over the zipper might work. For those who can view the video enjoy; there may be a big future with this product in many different areas from battle field dressings to ??

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Hey thanks for showing this to me.

Very interesting product, I can think of all kinds of ideas for this.

The future is going to be so interesting, I'm really glad I'm here to see it unfold.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I really cannot see why " designer fashion " needs this ???????? maybe I am missing something

but the medical potential is awesome

I would suggest - a modular binary kit with

celox [ blood clotter ]

hard / soft splint

burn dressing

being able to mix / match - to treat the wound - then create a shell to prevent infection

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I just had a neat thought.

I wonder if this product or the harder version could be used in a 3D printer? Most likely the cheapest material yet.

Or laced with carbon fibre for cars ,bullet resistance fabric etc.

Cool
edit on 5-12-2013 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Futurama called it.

I think the idea of field dressings is a good one. I would imagine it would be much more efficient spatially. Although I imagine the unit cost would be a big hurdle.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

This has so many potential great uses to help in the medical arena.

However, what are the odds of a giant medical company buying the product, then selling it at a stupidly high price, meaning that it'll cost a fortune to get it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Wow. He said it won't burn, so I could see it in furniture fabrics, fabric repairs, mattress coverings.

I also I can think of a few articles of clothing I've had to throw out, so if affordable, I like the part where if you stain it and it won't come clean, it can be dissolved and re-formed. It just seems to have so many possibilities. However the price will determine just who gets to use it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yep your right my friend. This stuff could easily revolutionise a lot of industries. Highest bidder, not highest needer will always win.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That stuff would be fun to toy with. I do wonder on the price point though.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

By changing the additives it would appear they can make just about anything; imagination being the limiting factor.

As I said in the opening Op this may be something as important as anything in the last few years with regards to it's potential.

top topics

join