It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen radioactive material found in Mexico The radioactive material

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well as the title sugests they have founf the lead container with the missing contents

Stolen radioactive material found in Mexico The radioactive material, cobalt-60 missing..Oh no !!

Lets hope this is found before its used for the wrong purposes.

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

edit on Thu Dec 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by n00b2012

Cobalt is nasty stuff.
Just a tiny source taped under a bus seat or something in a big city....

Lots of panic.

Could get interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No the Cobalt 60 is not missing. Perhaps read the article you linked to.... Let me help you out.

The radioactive material, cobalt-60, was found about a half-mile from the truck and its empty protective lead container near Mexico City, said Juan Eibenschutz, director general of the National Commission of Nuclear Safety and Safeguards.

Note the word "Found". No panic here, it is not going to get interesting or scary. Unless of course you are the thieves that opened the container...... Then maybe they should be a bit scared.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I personally think they are referring to the container being found.Without its contents..Could be wrong we will see

Unless they have stated the contents is still in there ??I suppose one another issue is there not releasing the amount of cobalt that was stored in the container also,Maybe they just took some of it.

I just can't understand why someone would take it then dump it,The MSM could aslo be keeping a lid on this who knows we will have to wait and see over the coming days.
edit on 4-12-2013 by n00b2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

n00b2012
I personally think they are referring to the container being found.Without its contents..Could be wrong we will see

Unless they have stated the contents is still in there ??

The radioactive material, cobalt-60, was found about a half-mile from the truck and its empty protective lead container near Mexico City, said Juan Eibenschutz, director general of the National Commission of Nuclear Safety and Safeguards.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OH MY!

Now how could That have happened? Their could be No Way in Hell it walked away unless it was an Inside Job! And its not like you could put it inside a coffee jug; we do have Detectors, controlled labs and housings right?

So what would anyone want with that anyway? So there IS a Dark Underground, Black Market out there!

Explains all the Missing Bit Coins!

Plus you have to Log In, Log out; what room you have visited, times while there, what room you were in; They do do this or is just on TV?

It had to be missed placed, logged wrong or some other Error somebody forgot to Press a Key!

It just can not Go Missing! It is impossible; well more like 90/100% Human Error. And it's still there! Now the 10% one would have to have other's involved, many of them so unlikely!

Unless most are underground! Then the plant would be manned by Computer and can be hacked. That changes the odds!

Unless moved from said Location!

Peace
edit on 4-12-2013 by infoseeker26754 because: none

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeh people are reporting it was empty..

"Stolen container of deadly radioactive material found empty in Mexico, officials say"

globalnews.ca...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Damn people, read before replying....... The article clearly says

The radioactive material, cobalt-60, was found about a half-mile from the truck

The highly radioactive material was found in an empty lot about a kilometre (a half a mile) from Hueypoxtla, an agricultural town of about 4,000 people, but it poses no threat or a need for an evacuation, said Juan Eibenschutz, director general of the National Commission of Nuclear Safety and Safeguards.

Now if there are conflicting reports from media sources post them or live with what we know.

edit on 4-12-2013 by Mamatus because: fixing links for idiots

Link to story
edit on 4-12-2013 by Mamatus because: added link to story

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Read the dang articles people!

How hard is that. Between you and the OP I dont think either of you know whats even in the sources.

The truck was car-jacked while the driver slept. It was most likely for the truck itself, with the jackers not knowing there was radioactive waste on board. This happens roughly 12 times a year in Mexico.

The material WAS recovered.

All of this can be verified by the links in this and the other thread.

Learn to read!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

I don't know if I'd breath a sigh of relief yet. According to this story only 40 grams were recovered, this story was dated 6 hours ago, any body know just how much the truck was carrying?

gma.yahoo.com...

"At the time the truck was stolen, the source was properly shielded. However, the source could be extremely dangerous to a person if removed from the shielding, or if it was damaged," the IAEA said in the statement.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ok, who ordered the false flag? This looks pretty good, folks. I like this one for a fake/intentional event followed by large power-grab.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Chickensalad
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Read the dang articles people!

How hard is that. Between you and the OP I dont think either of you know whats even in the sources.

The truck was car-jacked while the driver slept. It was most likely for the truck itself, with the jackers not knowing there was radioactive waste on board. This happens roughly 12 times a year in Mexico.

The material WAS recovered.

All of this can be verified by the links in this and the other thread.

Learn to read!

Not all the material was recovered.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Hot Damn!
How about that X-37B!
That Son of a bitch can find anything!
Including the bitcoins in your wallet.
God Bless America!

Link : www.space.com...

Hoo Haa!
edit on 5-12-2013 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Heard this on NPR this morning. They said that scientist have said that who opened container has only days to live. Some nasty stuff inside that container...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

It's probably the worst way to die, just looked it up. Stupid doesn't cover it!

Colbolt 60 affects

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Ugh... you are the only one that can read...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

The link shows the launch.
So what all can this beast detect?
I'll look see if any more info on the net

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

Don't worry....it can't find your anti gravity/anti aging machine......LOL!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Angelic Resurrection

Don't worry....it can't find your anti gravity/anti aging machine......LOL!

Lol. Then prolly it don't have the ability to detect time/gravity waves

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

This was supposed to be the largest amount of cobalt transferred how much has been recovered ?Why was it removed from the lead container..

If only a small amount was recovered does this not show a problem where was the rest of this shipment..Unless you have other reports to show the whole shipment was recovered i will have a look as it was breaking new's last night with conflicting reports.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join