It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Son Wants Skinny Jeans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by catfishjoe

Look at the bright side. At least bell bottoms haven't made a come back. I wouldn't be able to see my son walk in without laughing a little with those.

So, it could be worse.

lulz! When I was a kid bell bottoms were the rage for a while. There was a type called "Whaler bells" that were like giant bell bottoms. Thank God they went away fairly quickly. The trendy men's store was Chess King, at the mall. Looking back, most of the stuff people thought was cool was really hideous.
Seriously, a lot of it was like stuff a clown would wear!

catfishjoe,
Buy your son the skinny jeans, and then invite him to watch the western movie "One Eyed Jacks" with you. It's a Marlon Brando film. Manliness all the way.
Here's a clip:
One Eyed Jacks

Lee Marvin films are great too.
edit on 3-12-2013 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My teenage son went through a "hipster" phase where he wore skinny jeans all the time. He even broke the mold and sometimes wore red, purple, or yellow skinny jeans because he likes to be different. (And he is most definitely not gay.)

It lasted about three years and now he is over it, back to wearing normal clothes and we all survived. It's a phase. Fashion is just that - fashion. Usually it's a fad that will come and go. It's mostly harmless.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don't know how old your son is but maybe you can ridicule him out of wanting them. Tell him they're so tight that all the girls will think he's smuggling plums.

I heard a guy say that one time and it stuck.
edit on 3-12-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

My daughter went through a "mosher" phase in her teens and I absolutely hated the clothes she wore! Worst of all were a couple of pairs of baggy jeans that looked scruffy and horrendous on her. I tried to no avail to persuade her not to wear them. One day while she was at school I saw my opportunity and I sought out the offending jeans and threw them out with the rubbish! A couple of days later when she was looking for them I pretended I didn't know where they were.It ended up being a complete mystery

Maybe I will not win any mother of the year awards for my behaviour....but I only told her the truth about the mystery of the disappearing jeans this year and she is in her mid 20's now...she couldn't stop laughing and told me it's one of the best things I ever did for her. Maybe sometimes mother ( or indeed father) does know best!

As for skinny jeans for boys and young men....I actually think they look completely fine. In the grand scheme of "dodgy fashions" I think there are far greater crimes. So lucky for my son his skinny jeans wont be finding their way into my bin anytime soon!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually, just for the record, alot of the hip hugger style of jeans come in 4 cuts...skinny, straight, boot cut and flare. You werr saying something about bell bottoms? No it's not as outrageous as it was the last time they were in style, but you can find bell bottoms if you want them.LOL

I dont care what the kids wear as long as it fits. My pet peeves are the baggy, halfway to the knees jeans, and people buying them several sizes too small, and having "muffin top". Biased? Yup. I dont care what size you are, I just feel it's far more attractive, and has to be more comfortable, if you wear what fits.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ColeYounger

Wrabbit2000

Look at the bright side. At least bell bottoms haven't made a come back. I wouldn't be able to see my son walk in without laughing a little with those.

So, it could be worse.

lulz! When I was a kid bell bottoms were the rage for a while. There was a type called "Whaler bells" that were like giant bell bottoms. Thank God they went away fairly quickly. The trendy men's store was Chess King, at the mall. Looking back, most of the stuff people thought was cool was really hideous.
Seriously, a lot of it was like stuff a clown would wear!

catfishjoe,
Buy your son the skinny jeans, and then invite him to watch the western movie "One Eyed Jacks" with you. It's a Marlon Brando film. Manliness all the way.
Here's a clip:
One Eyed Jacks

Lee Marvin films are great too.
edit on 3-12-2013 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

Great movie!! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Don't sweat it man. My 13 year old begged me for 6 months before I broke down and bought him some of those ridiculous pants. He looks goofy in them to me, but apparently the girls like em, so resistance is futile in this case.

On the bright side, at least they're cheaper than Beats.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My eldest son wore baggy jeans half-way down his butt.

How I got him to stop?

I started wearing my pants the same way.

But yourself a pair of skinny jeans (apologise for your frank and beans) and wear them in from of him.

The point will be made.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

apologise for your frank and beans

Never apologize for your frank and beans!

I'm loathe to admit this but I went through a baggy pants phase. My parents mocked me and after a year or two I realized how dumb I looked.

If you squint you can pretend they're Wranglers and he wants to be a cowboy.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My kid wanted me to buy these ridiculous sissy pants too! I was like "unless you want me to enroll you into some sort of disciplinary military camp, then NO"... He now works, bought his skinny pants, but sadly he wears saggy skinny pants. Whatever though, if he wants to look like he raided his sisters closet, then what can I do about it? Nada.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

being a dude.

to use a boxing term.. speed bag..

things need to be able to ebb and flow

cant imagine skinny jeans providing the freedom our created endowed us all with.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Fashion comes and goes. Luckily the younger generations attention span is short, so he will get bored of skinny jeans and move on to something else like a dress (LOL). Jokes aside.

You can always tell him that skinny jeans will stunt his penis growth and sperm count. LOL!

You seem to be dreading this, I say be honest enough to stay close to him. There are more important decisions that you will want to hear when they happen. Don't turn it into something that will push him away.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You know......you ladies and gentlemen are hilarious!!! Ive really enjoyed your posts. Except for the turkey that called me old!!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just be sure to take pics.

The more the better to come back and haunt him, ahahaha.

I look at some of the pics from when I was a kid(8?), hammer pants, wtf was wrong with my parents, wtf was wrong with me, wtf was wrong with hammer?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah.

He was 2 legit 2 quit.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey! What's the problem? I want skinny jeans, too!

I went to buy a pair, tried them on and was ready to pay for them. The clerk called the police and I was ticketed for violating the downtown beautification ordinance. (I was lucky, it could have been jail for disturbing the peace.)

Blast!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I believe the skinny jean started with the dirt jump/BMX/skater peeps-as a freeride mountain-biker I have to say....alriiiiiight!dude!

Let him have them....

Humour him.....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hahaha..I remember when my husband went through his skinny jeans phase..he got them home and put them on...they looked great..well until he lifted his shirt and you seen the muffin top going on....omg I laughed so hard I almost peed myself

Needless to say that was a short phase

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The question is really whether or not you want your son to feel comfortable expressing himself to you. While it may seem silly, teenagers are still finding out who they want to be, and their outward appearance is important to them. Say no, and you run the risk of alienating him from you, and many long tirades about how "You don't understand him!"

Ultimately, while you'll inevitably be footing the bill, his body is his own and what he wants to do with it is his decision.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Lysergic
Just be sure to take pics.

The more the better to come back and haunt him, ahahaha.

I look at some of the pics from when I was a kid(8?), hammer pants, wtf was wrong with my parents, wtf was wrong with me, wtf was wrong with hammer?

Haha....hammer pants! Can't touch this!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join