It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Alien Debunkers trying to Deny Ignorance or Are they trying to Block the Truth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

They tell me that one of the side effects of being probed and implanted with a chip is to end up on an internet forum and trying to deny it ever happened by becoming a debunker [hyperbole]

Oh just answer the questions.

So "debunkers" are in denial now?

or are they paid agents to shut down these incredibly insightful threads that reveal the truth?

or are they just plain wrong?

so I guess you really don't like it when someone has a different view point than yours. People that disagree with you are "debunkers" and have an agenda or are in denial or have some other reason why they just don't see things your way. I guess its easier to make up excuses rather than just having a discussion.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have also come to another conclusion. Whereas there are some who believe that alien theorists are delusional and of course this may sometimes be true - It is also apparent that many of these so-called debunkers are suffering from psychological problems. I could speculate that the possible existence of an advanced and alien intelligence scares them and forces them to deny any possibility of such an intelligence existing. Apparently in the past on this forum they became so much of a problem that the moderators had to warn them that they would not tolerate insults and derogatory statements from these people. You see how they get carried away and if they can't win some ground in debunking something they then revert to hostility and alien baiting. Possibly one might suggest that they go to some part of this forum where they could make positive comments and contributions, but this is not their way and my suggestion to those of you who post on the Alien and UFOs section of this forum is to pay no attention to them - If they get too far out of line you can report their post to the moderators and they will remove it.

And let me add that it is very possible some of them suffer with psychological issues beyond their control
- I will now name this condition as a new disease and call it "ALIEN HYPERSENSITIVITY SYNDROME".

As stated previously:

AlienView
As they prove my point, we still ask:

Are Alien Debunkers trying to Deny Ignorance or Are they trying to Block the Truth?

More than ever, while I am not convinced that there is absolute proof of the existence of alien intelligence and our personal beliefs are just that - But I am absolutely convinced, that for whatever reason, and that too is speculative, that certain people, representing both their own viewpoint and also a form of 'group think' they accuse alien believers in are trying to block free thought and dispute any and all evidence indicating even the possibility of alien intelligence. Often it is possible it is their personal agenda - could they also represent other agencies? - like aliens that is open to debate and speculation and just as hard to prove.

========================================================================================================

Of course others already have an opinion. On another post currently running here on ATS the OP asked:
Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-12-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

AlienView
...debunkers are suffering from psychological problems...

You are digging yourself into a deeper hole, Alienview. You are doing the believers and the Believers no favours. What you should be doing is bringing to the table the evidence that verifies your belief in extraterrestrials. Counter the sceptics with your hard proof!
Because your arguments are weak and your evidence is lacking you can only make derogatory remarks to those who put effort into studying the subject and come to rational and invariably correct conclusions. The sceptics doubt and the debunkers debunk, ie filter out and expose the lies, fakes, frauds and innocent misidentifications. They are helping the likes of you to get to the truth of the matter though you cannot see it. Embracing ignorance will get you nowhere.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's good to question things, to ask "Why?" and "How?" – two of the most important questions you can ask. But it's where you get your answers from and how deep you search is what makes the difference between... well, between different types of people. I'm the type of person that will not stop asking until I've found the solutions that answers the whole question, not just what I thought the answer would be.

As this topic is descending into personal vitriol and ambiguous and unprovable speculation taken as absolute fact, I will wish you good luck finding what you're searching for.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

AlienView
I have also come to another conclusion. Whereas there are some who believe that alien theorists are delusional and of course this may sometimes be true

"Alien Theorist" is not a qualification, but rather a title designed to give the impression of credibility.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I asked if you had identified any debunkers or if its just your imagination running wild because you suspect some posters are debunkers simply because of their opinions?

Have you identifies any debunkers or is your thread a paranoid rant?

I have the same suspicions about disinfo agents,

You think its skeptics that are disinfo or debunkers I think its poster who pose as believers who are the ones her muddy the waters.

I am a believer and had experiences of things that to me prove beyond a doubt that existence is far deeper at the same time much much simpler than what is taught to us on the basic levels.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have also come to another conclusion. Whereas there are some who believe that alien theorists are delusional and of course this may sometimes be true - It is also apparent that many of these so-called debunkers are suffering from psychological problems. I could speculate that the possible existence of an advanced and alien intelligence scares them and forces them to deny any possibility of such an intelligence existing. Apparently in the past on this forum they became so much of a problem that the moderators had to warn them that they would not tolerate insults and derogatory statements from these people. You see how they get carried away and if they can't win some ground in debunking something they then revert to hostility and alien baiting. Possibly one might suggest that they go to some part of this forum where they could make positive comments and contributions, but this is not their way and my suggestion to those of you who post on the Alien and UFOs section of this forum is to pay no attention to them - If they get too far out of line you can report their post to the moderators and they will remove it.

And let me add that it is very possible some of them suffer with psychological issues beyond their control
- I will now name this condition as a new disease and call it "ALIEN HYPERSENSITIVITY SYNDROME".

So you want to make up psychological conditions now? I'm game, but I don't need to make anything up. What you posted could be considered psychological projection. This is when someone projects their own faults onto someone else. In your case its the "debunkers" and their "derogatory statements" who apparently are in denial because they were "probed". Do you see it yet?

These nameless "debunkers" have all the qualities that you find repulsive yet nobody posting here has said anything out of line ...except maybe you of course.

Possibly one might suggest that they go to some part of this forum where they could make positive comments and contributions

and your positive contribution...

and...

they then revert to hostility and alien baiting

so...you are trying to "bait" some "debunkers" it would seem.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Instead of spouting off accusatory nonsense... Please explain the "disinfo" I provided in my Columbus and Edgar Mitchell response. Am I spreading lies? Filling in the blanks to make a less exciting story? Keeping you, or anyone, from telling the truth? Where's the disinfo you continue to comment about?

Here's the fact- Your comments about Columbus were flat out wrong and fabricated. That information travels the web (including through your comments here) spreading this story to believers who do nothing in the way of research/investigation. That is the definition of spreading disinfo and keeping the truth from coming out.

So, care to comment and deal with facts face on? Or take silly personal stabs like people having "psychological problems".

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

One other statement and I will then 'unsubscribe' to this post and will no longer see or respond to your whatever so you can 'knock yourselves out' with all the bunk you can dish out and fear not any reprisals from me for now.

When your up to your you know what in BUNK, it is hard to remember
that your sole purpose was to debunk its purveyors.

And a final observational comment - If nothing else I believe I've shown that there is a systematic and deliberate attempt by certain individuals and or groups to destroy posts on the alien/UFO phenomenon. There are warnings by the moderators that they will not tolerate this but many of these amateur and professional debunkers [thread killers] circumnavigate this by acting like they are really interested in the subject - they are not - Their sole purpose is to debunk almost any and all alien/UFO threads by rhetorical one sided myopic logic and antagonism towards whomever is posting on the subject.

For further reading may I suggest:
Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-12-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Been onboard those crafts. Had greys at the door, only it was more of a rose colored stick bodied grey, but it vanished quickly, prior to being on board those crafts...had choppers show up and chase those crafts. Those crafts were not balloons, birds, planes, but real ufo's flying 50-200 feet on the occasion, over the roof, over and over again soundlessly.

Can tell there are tubes on the moon that not only ET walks through, but our paramilitary drive through.

And other things just post whenever the mood strikes.

They are lying through their teeth about everything to do with ET and their own involvement with some of them as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

AlienView

One other statement and I will then 'unsubscribe' to this post and will no longer see or respond to your whatever so you can 'knock yourselves out' with all the bunk you can dish out and fear not any reprisals from me

Pretty childish response.

You've just self-debunked.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So i guess it's fair to give a bit of context:
I have always hoped to see a real life ET, x files is my favorite tv show, i still have the "i want to believe" poster hanging in my room at the ripe age of 30, i have a telescope, during summer i use my camera to do night time lapse photos, just in the hope of capturing something amazing, all of my devices (tablet pc laptop etc) are named after Dune planets.
This all to say i'm far from hostile to those concepts.
Yet, i am on of the people that dispute any and all alien phenomena.
Why?
because nothing of value has ever been presented. You do have to odd footage from time to time that makes you pause and think. but the majority of them?
A light that can be anything, a spot on the camera lens, and, maybe more importantly, with today's video/image editors it would take me a couple of hours to flood youtube with those videos with titles like "UNDENIABLE PROOF 100% REPTILIAN ALIENS OF THE ILLUMINATI!!11!"
We are not trying to deny the alien phenomena, we just want to be damn sure that it is what it is.
And (sadly) to this day, pretty much all footage or images are not cutting it.
it's fun to fantasize and wonder, heck it's even healthy to do so. But you need a critical mind and facts, if you want any kind of credibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join