It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare docs face 24% pay cut ... again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nearly four in 10 seniors worry ObamaCare will cause them to lose doctors they like, despite President Obama's repeated promise to the contrary, according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll. That translates into nearly 16 million people age 65 and over.

This is bad ,I work with seniors med. supps.
finance.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A2KJ2UgeA51SGCQAAGbQtDMD

finance.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A2KJ2UaDA51SNB4AfWnQtDMD

I work for Bankers life, we deal mostley with seniors our info as of a couple of months ago was Obamacare would not effect them ,,,,, Guess what it is bad all of the US hard working people that have paid into this system are going to be SCREWED! I am not proud to be a American!
I am trying to help people even if I don't make money,,, but geeeeez!

THANK YOU OBAMA TAKING AWAY BENEFITS FROM OUR HARD WORKING SENIORS , MANY OF THEM VETS. FROM W2 ,KOREA, AND VIETNAM!
edit on 2-12-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Of course the doctors are going to take a pay cut. McDonalds workers need more money.....

On the flip side with the high cost of six years of college tuition and malpractice insurance the good news is that soon, there won't be many doctors affected. Why you ask? There won't be many doctors. Only a chump would go to hundreds of thousands in debt to become a doctor now days.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The same way that military retirees and military active duty will be forced into the Obama I don't care exchange so the seniors will face the same fate.

This was all planned. Military retirees and active duty will be facing increases in the human Tricare gov. subsidized health care for the next 5 years to the point that they will have to drop from the insurance and face ACA, many will have to go with the expanded Medicaid due to the fact that many military retirees and even active duty are within the poverty line.

Then seniors will have their medicare cut to the point that services will not be there anymore even when they pay into the medicare scam during their working lives, they will be facing also Medicaid expansion.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Mamatus

Of course the doctors are going to take a pay cut. McDonalds workers need more money.....

On the flip side with the high cost of six years of college tuition and malpractice insurance the good news is that soon, there won't be many doctors affected. Why you ask? There won't be many doctors. Only a chump would go to hundreds of thousands in debt to become a doctor now days.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

One of those chumps right here. My total costs: undergraduate (where I worked full time) + professional school going to be $380k. plus interest. I know some people who have it worse. I'm from a poor, blue-collar working class family so folks that say get your parents to pay can take a hike. I'm actually frightened right now...as in the way a dog is afraid of the vacuum that the ability to pay this off is dwindling every year with these damned cuts in medicare: which by the way accounts for about 80% of income for primary care docs and funds graduate medical education. The graduate medical education situation is such now that there are going to be more graduates than residency/intern spots and that means qualified doctors who can't get a license. No license means no job that can pay off the loans, which means big trouble for the gov, universities and the shafted students. I'm not complaining, and I would still do it all over again.

I'm beginning to feel that with the rise in tuition and the alterations in student aid/grants slanting more in favor of the wealthy, that education isn't the great equalizer it one was. Education shouldn't be the risk it's becoming.

You're right, there aren't going to be many doctors...we'll be replaced by physicians assistants and nurse practitioners (which have a role in medicine that i respect, just that they're exceeding the bounds intended by those professions). I have a few of these folks in my class and I can tell you, the training the PA/nurse practitioner receives is not equivalent to a medical degree.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

All part of the plan!

The ACA was developed to create a HUGE problem so that the Progs can offer a "single payer plan"!

Problem, reaction, solution...........

Americans will be begging for single payer after this fraud called the ACA!

Just as planned........

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
richest 300 hundred people have the same wealth as 3 billion poor and they want more.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well maybe if the government didn't spend trillions on defense, we could have our cake and eat it too. I mean do we really need 14 aircraft carriers?

We spend crazy amounts of money on # that doesn't need to really exist, I mean what can you do with 14 aircraft carriers that you can't do with 7? Billions go missing each year to black projects and secret spending, yet people are crying because they think obamacare is what will bring down this once great nation? Please... if we took the money we spent for the iraqi war and used it for some good, we could have solved this issue with our insurance, without even needing to implement the ACA.

If you are in the medical field I am sorry, but don't blame the ACA for something that could have been fixed years ago, with a bigger cut in defense spending.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The thing I hate most about the travesty that is the ACA (which let me go on record to say I support, in some form, universal health care) is that it rams the concept of "health insurance" (which is an absurd notion if you think about it) down the public's throat. If the doctor-patient relationship is like a married couple, the insurance company is the neighbor hoping into bed between the two at night- no business being there during the intimate moments. Your physician doesn't prescribe the best medication/diagnostic for your condition, they prescribe the best for your condition that your insurance company allows. Sometimes they can be persuaded to allow coverage of a different med, sometimes the meds they cover are best. But it's a broken system becoming even more broken. We're going to see fewer physicians, less qualified care-givers and reduced standards of care all in the name of covering costs so the insurance companies stay in business. And I'm a registered Dem!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

GR1ill3d
Well maybe if the government didn't spend trillions on defense, we could have our cake and eat it too. I mean do we really need 14 aircraft carriers?

We spend crazy amounts of money on # that doesn't need to really exist, I mean what can you do with 14 aircraft carriers that you can't do with 7? Billions go missing each year to black projects and secret spending, yet people are crying because they think obamacare is what will bring down this once great nation? Please... if we took the money we spent for the iraqi war and used it for some good, we could have solved this issue with our insurance, without even needing to implement the ACA.

If you are in the medical field I am sorry, but don't blame the ACA for something that could have been fixed years ago, with a bigger cut in defense spending.

One last rambling bit on my part: true the ACA isn't to blame, but it's not a solution either. I agree with you on all other counts.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Just an observation.

I seem to recall that, many years ago, on a visit to the doctors office. I saw one of the office girls preparing the bill of a patient.
It seemed that they had 3 tiers are pricing.

1 price for medicaid/state sponsored insurance.
1 price for insured.
1 price for the uninsured.

So yeah, 3 different prices for the same doctors visit.
Guess which one was the most expensive.

All I have to say to doctors that have been ripping off tax payers is.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

But isn't it the same government officials whom worship the defense contractors whom we spend those billions of dollars not also the same ones whom think doctors don't deserve to be paid???

I have to say bullocks to your statement! Contrary to popular belief, the Dems and Repubs are in on this scheme just as Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant hated each other!

Killing and murdering people in other countries is more important to our government officials than making sure their "livestock" (taxpayers) are well taken care of........

Follow the money.........

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If they do another cut on doctors pay you will see another 50% stop taking medicare that do. That's a conservative number it could be more. Medicare currently pays about half of what the doctor charges. Medicaid pays about 20%. So you are going to start seeing Medicare doctors dry up close to the percentage of Medicaid doctors. Which almost do not exist. There might be a handful in the entire metroplex where I live. Other then that you have to go to a hospital to use Medicaid. Looks like they are going to be doing that with Medicare now.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

From one that has been sitting on the fence for a very long time and singing the "The Chicken Little Song", I can say it brings me no joy to say "I told you so". I have dangled on the fence as a patient, a healthcare provider, a reimbursement advocate and in upper level medical administration.

I have worked in the medical field for over 30 years. I saw the handwriting on the wall a long time ago. I warned doctors that they were being seduced by big business for only one reason, to separate them from other healthcare providers and to establish a separate powerful, wealthy group (AMA) to use as a weapon against the other healthcare providers and for them to be able to control all facets of medical care. Once they turned the doctors against the nurses and other healthcare providers and placed them securely in diamond neck collars, they quickly changed that golden leash to pyrite and that caret to a carrot.

Growing up with 5 brothers and 4 sisters, my mother could quickly get the 10 of us to come to a decision on where we wanted to eat by saying these simple words, "He who pays says!" Medicine has become a huge business. The healthcare providers are the geese that lay the golden eggs. Big business is paying the bills, everyone else has to do what they say. We are completely at their mercy, and from where I sit ,I wouldn't expect too much of that; mercy is doled out in very small increments and usually only if there is something in it for them.

Can this be corrected? Yes and No. I am afraid that no one reading this post will be alive to see any significant change. Change will come the way it always has, when people have allowed their bottoms to be dragged along the ground long enough to realize that it hurts less stand on your feet. The exiting individuals that have lived the life of Riley are not going to willing go back to living a simple life and relying on the barter and trade model of communal living. The generations that follow may not have any other choice.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

OceanSpray
richest 300 hundred people have the same wealth as 3 billion poor and they want more.

The richest 300 have more wealth than that. It is probable that those 300 control over half the wealth of the world. Of course, they are the ones who get to print the money. Putting a number on their wealth is not really possible--it is whatever they need it to be.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

So in other words Obama and his administration lied to the American people?? Of course they did, that's what they do. I knew he was a liar from the first time he opened his mouth. If you think Obamacare is bad now, just wait till it's FREE. His plan is for a "Universal One Payer Healthcare System." When that happens, the middle class will be looking at paying 50% in taxes, that's not counting the high rise of consumer goods, etc..... Nothing is FREE!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanksworld

I think the bottom of this deathcare is going to fall out sooner, rather than later.

They are making it a black market. And we all know how the black market works for illegal "drugs".

If you bail into the socialized medicine - they will enforce all of their poisons on you, including statin drugs, and enforced vaccinations.

Sure, stupid liberals will go for it - but that's about 20% of the population.

People will be pulling their kids from the gubmint schools, seeing midwives for the maternity care - looking at natural remedies, instead of buying chinese crap "vitamins and supplements" from walmart.

This travesty of treasonous lobbyist, corporists, and politicians is going to go down.

Who's spending money this christmas season? The idiots that fight over cheap tv's from china, the illeterate (pun) poor - the middle class, and the upper-middle class can see what these traitors are doing to our country.

top topics

join