It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church: Scotland’s ‘fag marriage’ caused deadly helicopter crash!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
LMFAO

I really dont think this is cause for concern or excitement.

These people are sick (the westbro people) and luckily for us also unbelievably stupid.
No one with any brains who isnt a part of the church will pay any attention other than to say they are idiots.

Intelligent people of the world need to stop being outraged and just see these morons for the comedy sideshow that they are

Stop being outraged? (She said, outraged).

The problem is, these people aren't funny, in fact they're downright offensive. It's blatantly obvious that they're stupid.
I can't stand bullies, and not challenging them on their filth does a huge disservice to those they are mocking.

So long as they know they're welcome in Glasgow any time....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Westboro is a publicity machine that has it easy: they are a crazy cult that the press loves, so all they have to do is take anything in the news, attach the word FAG to it, and they'll get ink or photons somewhere. This new helicopter bit proves that premise. So they are an entertaining distraction, and go around like a troupe of street theater players, taking the bows among themselves. Their news coverage will change when one of them gets seriously assaulted, and actual injury enters the mix along with their theatrical presentations.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What really gets me with the religiosity is the bending of the ideals to suit inconsistent dogma.

If you preach that God created this world and all on it, in it and above it, then you must accept that God had a reason for creating homosexuals and hermaphrodites. You see it in the plant and animal world and surely you should trust to God's superior intention and reasoning; otherwise you are picking an d choosing what you personally wish to believe in.

The Church whether the Catholic or whatever has always been a hive of homosexual men criticising men out or 'orders' and not one man has ever stood up to them.

This persecution needs to be removed from society. It should be remembered that the church collects funds from families and not from those who don't supply the people to fund it, so a witch hunt and persecution benefits its coffers. Also the argument that all paedophiles are homosexual doesn't fly because we know they are not, they come from evil intention not sexual orientation and, that is not considering incest.

Surely with all the genuine injustice in the world these people have far better things to go and demonstrate about that would benefit everyone.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NellahB

Westboro, I have no clue what Bible they've been reading

Same one as you.

Take from that what you will.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Frankly Iam amazed no one has gone Postal on these pathetic excuses for human beings.
If I lost one of mine in that crash I would go and shut them up for ever.
Lets face it whoever ended them would be a hero.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I want too be a good citizen ,,What is the latest politically correct propaganda that is acceptable?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

they wouldn't show up anyway

they usually announce some big protest then either don't show up or only have 4 or 6 show up

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Why did you even start this thread OP?
Why are the rest of us even posting here giving these sort of people 'air time?
Just asking.
This isn't even 'news' IMHO.
*trots off the thread having vented*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ouuuuh, Westboro, stop that! You are making me aroused!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
I really think Westboro is a case of freedom of speech being too liberal.

It escapes me how these people can make these statements, without any consequences.
vvv

I cant believe you would say this!!!!!!

We set a precendent censoring these people then how long till your censored for criticising the government?

People like you asking for things like this is how you ended up with the patriot act.
"pls pls big brother stop these people who are offending my ears, just make them go away do whatever you have to do"

You could say anything you like, no matter how harmless and someone somewhere will take offence.

Yes these people and their opinions are repugnant but they are protected by the holiest of holies The American Constitution.

Ill bet all of you calling for denying these people their constitutional rights are also the first ones to say something anytime the 2nd Amendment is questioned

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I have already stated why I think my thread is relevant. People need to know what these idiots are saying so they can form their own opinions.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ugh ... these a-holes again. Maybe if the Christian church would stop arguing over petty differences in biblical text (such as vague references to homosexuality, whether music should or should not be played in church, what day of the week is the holy day, etc), and have a unified belief system, these fringe radical groups would probably die out within a decade.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
are they going to blame the helicopter crash in Antarctica on gays too?

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yaaaas gurl! us gays have soooooo much power. we can cause natural disasters, we can cause the destruction of marriage and families, the destruction of morality

Gays of Mass Destruction!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yes giving them attention is what they want.

However, I believe people should be made aware of this group. It's important for people to be aware of how religion manifests itself in our world. Ultimately what good would it truly bring if we hid it from view every time there was an extremist example?

reply to post by Darth_Prime

the destruction of morality

I thought that was atheists?? It's getting hard to keep track of this stuff!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Why did you even start this thread OP?
Why are the rest of us even posting here giving these sort of people 'air time?
Just asking.
This isn't even 'news' IMHO.

These people need exposing for the bigotted scumbags they really are - burying one's head in the sand won't make them go away.

I'm all for the ban on them being lifted and an open invitation being offered to them to visit Glasgow - I suspect one-way tickets only would be required.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You cant seriously believe Westboro is a problem to anyone. Have you seen the size of their "rallies?" A family get-together at my house has more people than the Westboro church has members. No I do not come from a deep southern family where my parents and uncles and aunts each had a dozen kids. I come from a cis,white, atheist northern USA family where each household has under six people. I can count the number of Westboro Church members on my fingers.

Kind of weird how their is videos of Westboro church being made fun of by funny guys. You dont see someone throw anything at them, but you do see videos of a man with a mic with a dildo on it interviewing them. And their reaction tends to be a chuckle.

Theyre just for show. What is this? Demonizing all christians to be like this. Divide and conquer

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMandlebrot

"You cant seriously believe Westboro is a problem to anyone. Have you seen the size of their "rallies?"

They might not seem like a problem to you or me but to my sister in law i'm sure they are indeed a problem considering one of her cousins(Mr John McGarrigle) died in the incident in question.

How do you think she and her immediate family feel when faced with this nonsensical gibberish at such an emotional moment?

People need time to reminisce and sympathise then don't need to be presented with crap like this just because these whack jobs wish to jump on the band waggon get out there soap box and use the incident for their own nefarious purposes!

edit on 3-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join