It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON Will Pass By Earth On New Year's Eve : NASA STEREO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

of course we must include some small % or number, too the equation,, in the form of "friction".
in Outer Space.
or R = resistence

which Eletrically cause's,,,,,,,,heat and light ,, in the form of, Energy,, ie molecules,, heating,,,vibrating.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That's awesome , and I think all time zones can see it then?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by Krystian

of course we must include some small % or number, too the equation,, in the form of "friction".
in Outer Space.
or R = resistence

which Eletrically cause's,,,,,,,,heat and light ,, in the form of, Energy,, ie molecules,, heating,,,vibrating.

Resistance is futile.

This thread is [moreso misconceptions raised and expanded upon in this thread] the result of someone unknowingly (or much worse, knowingly) confusing the two different events. I don't see any indication that any dates have changed.

Dec. 26 was and still is when ISON will be closest to Earth. The Dec. 31st crossing the ecliptic is not news.

If I am incorrect then please let me know.
edit on 29-11-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: it's in the brackets

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

That's exactly how I remember hearing it and reading it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for a source on this statement.

But how close no one knows.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

"The Dec. 31st crossing the ecliptic is not news."
Text

it is too me,,, i never got the memo??

or did i just misplace it,,,,darn post-it notes, lol

really,, so the milky way opens up too the, sword like, appearence of Isons,, glowing,, growing,, tale.

cool.

watch out Venus,, lol..

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

BobAthome

Text

really,, so the milky way opens up too the, sword like, appearence of Isons,, glowing,, growing,, tale.

cool.

watch out Venus,, lol..

You are hereby cordially invited to make some sense when you post. It's up to you.

You had no problem jumping on the bashwagon but didn't even know if what you were bashing about was factual?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Those days seem to correct as previous. Some people can't tell the difference and jump to conclusions too fast which is irresponsible.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Xquizit

Cheesy

will be very happy to hear this

OF course Ms! i am Veri Excited!, when they say ison dead i dont belive it!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

rickymouse
Why is it taking like four days longer to get here than predicted. What other predictions are off, is it still on it's estimated path? It appears that it is a little above it's original path from orbital diagrams, so it is farther from earth than it was estimated to be.
edit on 29-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I'd imagine being in such close proximity to such a large gravitational and magnetic object such as the Sun (gravity = 1000G), that the orbit may have undergone precession.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Could the slight gravitational pull of the bits that fell off, as they became seperated, slow Ison down to its current speed ? Thus accounting for the extra days ?
edit on 29-11-2013 by pot8er because: spelling..........hhhhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzz

edit on 29-11-2013 by pot8er because: Grammar.........

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

Call me crazy but this is not good. If you look at the predicted flight path it barely misses the earth passing it's southern pole over our northern pole. If Ison is our tenth planet we're F****d. We've seen the doctored data from SDO, what lies are next?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

daryllyn

I'd like to know, too. And I'd also like to know why there isn't a SINGLE mention of this date for ISON's "flyby" anywhere on the STEREO website. You'd think if you were going to pull something out of your fringey butt, you'd go some less searchable than there. I cannot find anything about this anywhere online, other than UFO Blogger, and some equally sketchy sites linking back to it. No, I'm not kidding people. Cheesy, I'd not get so excited yet, I smell a hoax here until someone can produce actual statements from the supposed source.

Why is UFO Blogger considered a valid news source, anyway? It's about as accurate/realistic/truthful as BIN, if not less so. I really think it needs to be added to the BS news source list.
edit on 11/29/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by awakehuman

Call me crazy but this is not good. If you look at the predicted flight path it barely misses the earth passing it's southern pole over our northern pole. If Ison is our tenth planet we're F****d. We've seen the doctored data from SDO, what lies are next?

I don't know where that came from but it's not what the animation shows.

There are 2 views. The "side view" shows ISON nowhere near Earth when passing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

BobAthome

Text

cool.

watch out Venus,, lol..

You are hereby cordially invited to make some sense when you post. It's up to you.

You had no problem jumping on the bashwagon but didn't even know if what you were bashing about was factual?

By this ISON Model it as already cross the ecliptic

ISON Model

edit on 29-11-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

First view. Remember Ison isn't a small comet.......

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Nyiah

daryllyn

I'd like to know, too. And I'd also like to know why there isn't a SINGLE mention of this date for ISON's "flyby" anywhere on the STEREO website. You'd think if you were going to pull something out of your fringey butt, you'd go some less searchable than there. I cannot find anything about this anywhere online, other than UFO Blogger, and some equally sketchy sites linking back to it. No, I'm not kidding people. Cheesy, I'd not get so excited yet, I smell a hoax here until someone can produce actual statements from the supposed source.

Why is UFO Blogger considered a valid news source, anyway? It's about as accurate/realistic/truthful as BIN, if not less so. I really think it needs to be added to the BS news source list.
edit on 11/29/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

I looked at many much more reliable and credible sources than his and not surprisingly.... I have found nothing.

Under the ufo blogger post he linked to was a 'related' post about comet ISON being a spaceship. How anyone could find that at all credible.... is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

EA006

First view. Remember Ison isn't a small comet.......

You have to look at both to get an accurate picture of the comet in relation to earth. By looking at only first, it looks closer than what it is, when you look at the second view, you can see that it passes well above us.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Trillium

DenyObfuscation

BobAthome

Text

cool.

watch out Venus,, lol..

By this ISON Model it as already cross the ecliptic

ISON Model

edit on 29-11-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

Outbound pass.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
SWEET!

ISON IS ALIVE!

Man! Had to sleep, work and the Hours were Killing Me! Now I know and can wait to see something next week!

It is next week we might be able to see Ison?

Oh, The Joys of Life! One small Comet bringing People Togetter!

Thats HAPPYNESS!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join