It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hear the Voice of God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So, when I was a kid I was a bit of a shiza disturber. Mom took me to sunday school, which didn't last very long, and regular church on sundays, which ended when I thought the collection plate was my weekly allowance.

In any case, I think she may have dropped the whole attempt to convert her impressionable child simply because I questioned her core beliefs so much.

For instance:

The bible, and all it's colourful characters were explained to me in great detail. And as the inquisitive type, of course I asked how it came to be. Then I got the explanations of the word of god, handed down in some delusional vision, which immediately gave me some fodder for those silly adults.

Something like…

"So, if people used to have god talking to them, how come it doesn't happen now? Why isn't there new books being written.

(This one was usually met with a blank stare, and god knows (no pun intended) what explanation.)

"I think I might hear god talking to me too." -(best line ever).

"That's impossible" mom says.

"Why?"

"If you hear voices, it means you're crazy."

___

So this is really the core of the thread. My question to people of religion, is that what exactly is going on with gods words these days? Where are the modern day prophets? Has god completely abandoned people for the last 1000 years or so, or do you consider the random schizophrenics to have a direct line into the god phone.

Do people on hallucinogenic drugs who see visions of our creators have words with gods? Is this how it was accomplished back in the day? Or is it more like, god decided to give us a blueprint to salvation, but then decided as soon as we evolved to the point of modern conveniences, scientific understanding, etc, we were a lost cause?
edit on 28-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We all hear voices!

It's only when you have an unresolvable argument in your head in which both sides can't figure it out...

Ex: Oh what a lovely day! NO IT ISN'T Why, yes it is NO!

As for the voice of God, well that's debatable and totally unprovable. People back then didn't heard the voice of God anymore than we do now.

Anyway, chances are that a couple of the bible's contributers we're probably schizo's or on various drugs.

Sorry if this last sentence insulted your faith, because it really shouldn't. The Bible is not a valid proof of the existence or the non-existence of an all knowing, infinitely powerfull God.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Do people on hallucinogenic drugs who see visions of our creators have words with gods? Is this how it was accomplished back in the day?

Not sure but I once chaseD a purple squirrel up a hill anD later was listening to the music of the stars anD seeing the notes floating through the skies while placing my palms on a tree.

Not being an ass but sharing an experience of mushrooms.

So...possible? In my experience...absolutely.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I assume the other thread sparked the posting of this one?

God still speaks to man... as that little voice in you head that prompts you to think twice before you do something wrong...

Though as far as the OT is concerned... It was written by men with agendas, that wanted to conquer land for their own means

Later those writings were used as a means of conversion... because the coming of their "God" was prophesied in the pages of the old books

edit on 28-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If a gospel is a story about ones life with God and all the experiences there in, than everyone whom believes in a God would have a gospel.

the gospel according to Boncho imagine that.

And on the voices and tongues and things, religious people often hide this unless among there peers etc.

I suppose there is a time and place for everything under the sun....

Should some one hearing what they consider god be locked up? I suppose that depends on the god lol

Cheers.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do people on hallucinogenic drugs who see visions of our creators have words with gods? Is this how it was accomplished back in the day?

I don't know how they did it back in the day but on my explorations I have encountered the "others" that might be deemed Gods. They were mechinical, very old, very real. Their power was profound and frightening.

And there are "others"

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

boncho
So, when I was a kid I was a bit of a shiza disturber. Mom took me to sunday school, which didn't last very long, and regular church on sundays, which ended when I thought the collection plate was my weekly allowance.

In any case, I think she may have dropped the whole attempt to convert her impressionable child simply because I questioned her core beliefs so much.

For instance:

The bible, and all it's colourful characters were explained to me in great detail. And as the inquisitive type, of course I asked how it came to be. Then I got the explanations of the word of god, handed down in some delusional vision, which immediately gave me some fodder for those silly adults.

Something like…

"So, if people used to have god talking to them, how come it doesn't happen now? Why isn't there new books being written.

(This one was usually met with a blank stare, and god knows (no pun intended) what explanation.)

"I think I might hear god talking to me too." -(best line ever).

"That's impossible" mom says.

"Why?"

"If you hear voices, it means you're crazy."

___

So this is really the core of the thread. My question to people of religion, is that what exactly is going on with gods words these days? Where are the modern day prophets? Has god completely abandoned people for the last 1000 years or so, or do you consider the random schizophrenics to have a direct line into the god phone.

Do people on hallucinogenic drugs who see visions of our creators have words with gods? Is this how it was accomplished back in the day? Or is it more like, god decided to give us a blueprint to salvation, but then decided as soon as we evolved to the point of modern conveniences, scientific understanding, etc, we were a lost cause?
edit on 28-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I have my own questions/answers on the schizo voices phenomena. The 'no new documentation' is a telling blow, but, really does beg other questions.

Much like the 'jesus is my friend, or I talk to God all the time'...there are serious questions that relate to - the nature of these friendships, when an instant conversation cannot be had to elicit the kind of responses one would assume from a real-time 'friend'. At best (because such questions are always referred back to amorphous stories of what this close friend may have said, @1500 years ago) we are talking of a proxy friendship across this timeframe...but I do not vouchsafe the (and I will use the term...) 'concept', that this is in fact not happening at some level, but is recieved in a garbled and biased form, given the propensity for hardline theists to validate this almost exclusively on old written material.

I have posited on other threads that, a twit account would go a long way to clearing this communication problem up...I do not believe such an account exists...

Å99

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

boncho

I used to ask that same question when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade at a private school. To this day whoever I ask that to within any church no one can give me a reasonable and logical answer. So why do we need church/ clergy to interpret "Gods" word?

Simple Answer---------------We Do Not

StratosFear

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well it's either mental illness or God never actually spoke to anyone.
You have to think of the kinds of leaders and people and slaves and the society there was 2000 years ago, people were more easily duped and religion was barely ever questioned for fear of death.
I'm sure many prophets and preachers all had a hotline to God and people lapped it up.

I like the fact that God doesn't speak any more.
God used to be insane and nasty and murderous and jealous.
Well God didn't but the scare stories and tales that men made up said he did.

It was a very patriarchal society and the religious books were mostly written for control and keep people afraid and give them hope.

edit on 28-11-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The answer is obvious Boncho, all you need to do is read the books themselves.

They all conveniently claim that theirs was the last prophet baring some big return by the Messiah or Mahdi.

So the simple reason god doesnt talk to us or send prophets anymore is coz theres no need to....... except when he comes back to send most of us to hell of course then hell send someone special to announce it to us.
"Hey peeps of the world, Ive been sent by god to save you all... or 144,000 anyway, good luck to the rest of you"

Its either that or religious texts are full of S**t, as a betting man my $$ would be on full of S**t

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Anyway, chances are that a couple of the bible's contributers we're probably schizo's or on various drugs.

Sorry if this last sentence insulted your faith, because it really shouldn't. The Bible is not a valid proof of the existence or the non-existence of an all knowing, infinitely powerfull God.

I believe what you said is exactly what my OP is implying. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by boncho

I assume the other thread sparked the posting of this one?

Most definitely, I didn't ran to run it entirely off topic though like every other religion thread. It's talking about Noah, so… Noah place for this topica.

God still speaks to man... as that little voice in you head that prompts you to think twice before you do something wrong...

Mom said this too, I called BS. I think I was 6 or 7 and said if that's the case, then why are there so many vivid and descriptive tales of visions. Which she replied with "Well, it was cause angels were talking to them". So it went from, people who hear stuff are crazy, to people who hear stuff talk to angels.

Though as far as the OT is concerned... It was written by men with agendas, that wanted to conquer land for their own means

Indeed.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

the gospel according to Boncho imagine that.

No one wants that.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I for one after reading you a couple years would find it not only interesting but humerous as well....

Ah common give it a crack lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Mom said this too, I called BS. I think I was 6 or 7 and said if that's the case, then why are there so many vivid and descriptive tales of visions. Which she replied with "Well, it was cause angels were talking to them". So it went from, people who hear stuff are crazy, to people who hear stuff talk to angels.

Its quite ok brother... Mom was just trying to explain her point of view to her child... It might not be accurate

I could be wrong to, but this is my personal belief

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Treespeaker
reply to post by boncho

I for one after reading you a couple years would find it not only interesting but humerous as well....

Ah common give it a crack lol.

Upon forming a company with classmates year ago we had a rather religious member of the team. We were always looking for new start ups, and of course started discussing religion and how to make money off it.

I decided it was within my powers to create a moral constitution under the guise of supreme instruction, and while contemplating whether or not we proceed with the idea, it was right around the time Tom Cruise jumped up on Oprah's couch.

Realizing that if god exists, and seeing Ron Hubbard's path of destruction in Tom Cruise's depleted sanity, we came to the conclusion that carrying out this plan may lead us into the gates of hell. (Should it exist.)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
The answer is obvious Boncho, all you need to do is read the books themselves.

They all conveniently claim that theirs was the last prophet baring some big return by the Messiah or Mahdi.

So the simple reason god doesnt talk to us or send prophets anymore is coz theres no need to....... except when he comes back to send most of us to hell of course then hell send someone special to announce it to us.
"Hey peeps of the world, Ive been sent by god to save you all... or 144,000 anyway, good luck to the rest of you"

Its either that or religious texts are full of S**t, as a betting man my $$ would be on full of S**t

If you think the 144000 sealed ones (third eye?) are something that is actually gonna be. Then I have below theory about it. I am not saying it will be or not since I do not take the bible as gods given truth. Especially not anything written by Paul but that is another discussion.

I am not sure if the 144000 sealed ones are supposed to be the saved ones who are removed. I think they are the teachers of the next age. Like 144000 Buddhas/Jesus Personas of both sexes who are a bit beyond what most people call what it means to be human.
edit on 28-11-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by boncho

Its quite ok brother... Mom was just trying to explain her point of view to her child... It might not be accurate

I could be wrong to, but this is my personal belief

I think Gnarls Barkley is appropriate here.

And when you're out there without care Yeah, I was out of touch But it wasn't because I didn't know enough I just knew too much Does that make me crazy? Does that make me crazy? Does that make me crazy? Possibly

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Interesting because I feel the prescience of God in me more than I could say I hear him.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

In my opinion God gave us the word, Jesus. What does a word do? Expresses.

He is said to be the first and last man. Adam through Christ. ..many names but some soul..expressing Himself many times and many ways until he is satisfied with the last incarnation... Jesus.

The bible is a great collection of prophetic words of which express an idea about man.

Words express in different ways. Think on that last sentence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join