It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since China has been saber rattling let's look at something shall we

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

When it comes to reckless money creation, it turns out that China is the king. Over the past five years, Chinese bank assets have grown from about 9 trillion dollars to more than 24 trillion dollars. This has been fueled by the greatest private debt binge that the world has ever seen. According to a recent World Bank report, the level of private domestic debt in China has grown from about 9 trillion dollars in 2008 to more than 23 trillion dollars today. In other words, in just five years the amount of money that has been loaned out by banks in China is roughly equivalent to the amount of debt that the U.S. government has accumulated since the end of the Reagan administration.

They have been busy little beavers around the world making deals for the sale of Ecuador's oil to Chinese state-run firms through 2020... They gave Ecuador some financing for the deal.
The new housing boom in Irvine, Calif. is Chinese driven.
In N.Y. City One Chase Manhattan Plaza is reportedly being sold to a Chinese investment firm for $725 million
There are many more buy-outs and property purchases but you get the idea.

Just think about what the Smithfield Foods acquisition alone will mean. Smithfield Foods is the largest pork producer and processor in the world. It has facilities in 26 U.S. states and it employs tens of thousands of Americans. It directly owns 460 farms and has contracts with approximately 2,100 others. But now a Chinese company has bought it for $4.7 billion, and that means that the Chinese will now be the most important employer in dozens of rural communities all over America.

However it looks like the good times may be crashing to a close in a not to distant future due to the financial bubble they have created with their banking system and their high debt load/bad loans... Sound familiar?

So as the flow of "hot money" out of China starts to slow down, what is that going to mean for the rest of the planet?

And when you consider this in conjunction with the fact that China has just announced that it is going to stop stockpiling U.S. dollars, it becomes clear that we have reached a major turning point in the financial world.

As the article says 2014 may be a very interesting year on many fronts: We and other trading partners gave them the money through trade agreements and their cheap imports to buy actual Assets all over the world not just America. They expect a return on investment so good luck my Asian friend let us hope you have not bitten off more than you can chew.

The modernization of their military is well under way and their plans are for much of this to be finished by 2015. www.chinesedefence.com... shows some of their earthly and plans for space their idea of space soldiers...Their words not mine.
China has been buying gold in large quantities at depressed prices and going to troubled nations all over the world and buying or acquiring ownership of hard assets. I do not blame them if they have the money and there are willing buyers then who is to say no deal ?

If their economy crashes what better way to take the minds of their populace off their individual misery than to tell everyone their are foreign devils just over the hill trying to take our lands (islands) and we need to rally around the flag and stop these devils! The ground work has already been laid but the end game has not been played out as of yet.. Just some thoughts on the interesting times we are living in.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Capitalism's greed will be it's own undoing. Did they really think they could outsource Americas jobs to Chinese slave labor without any consequences? Look at the bright side the stock markets at 16000 pts. Someones making lots of money but it's not the average American.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So should we get into a Cold War with China like the DOD wants to? Well which would go broke first the US or China? With the way China hides debt in small banks all over the country the US will lose because we only have a few big banks to hide all that debt. Can't play shell games with the debt with China they have too many shells to hide the money under. break up the big banks and we might have a chance. Or just tell the military to chill out.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You have to wonder if they go bust who else will ? Or if we go bust will they also? Allot of back and forth to think about, No ? (not that we peons can do anything about it)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

China's actions are more than a bit sobering. Can't tell if their efforts to influence value and the availability of food resources are an 'indicator' or a 'warning.'

The big dogs have their heads up and a low rumbling sound in their throats.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

m.yna.co.kr...

In an editorial titled "Japan prime target of ADIZ tussle," the official Global Times newspaper said, "We should carry out timely countermeasures without hesitation against Japan when it challenges China's newly declared ADIZ."

"If Tokyo flies its aircraft over the zone, we will be bound to send our planes to its ADIZ," the editorial said.

"If the trend continues, there will likely be friction and confrontations and even tension in the air like in the Cold War era between the U.S. and the Soviet Union," it said.

"It is therefore an urgent task for China to further train its air force to make full preparation for potential conflicts," the editorial said.

"We are willing to engage in a protracted confrontation with Japan. Our ultimate goal is to beat its willpower and ambition to instigate strategic confrontation against China," it said.

Analysts said the Chinese declaration of air control zone is mainly aimed at bolstering its claims to a group of islets in the East China Sea at the center of a bitter territorial dispute with Japan, which are known as Diaoyu in China and Senkaku in Japan.

BEIJING, Nov. 29 (Yonhap)
[email protected]

www.zerohedge.com...

Following the to-ing and fro-ing of the last 2 days with US and Japan "testing" China's new Air Defense Zone (ADIZ), China has not only escalated (as we noted earlier) but as the day begins in Asia is stepping up the rhetoric significantly. Official media said that Japan is the "prime target" and it is an "urgent task for China to further train its air force to make full preparation for potential conflicts." Japanese lawmakers, meanwhile, are pushing for a bill "demanding an immediate withdrawal of China's ADIZ." While the Western world goes on its merry way buying S&P futures, China's concluding message rings its most defint so far, "We are willing to engage in a protracted confrontation with Japan. Our ultimate goal is to beat its willpower and ambition to instigate strategic confrontation against China."

The Chinese just stepped up the rhetoric notably,

I wonder how far this will be pushed ? Will China maintain the hard line and refuse to back away from international law and the determination of other concerned Countries? China due to their one child policy has 40% more males than females.. If that is not a recipe for a bunch of hot heads I don't know what is. The old adage of make love not war really had more truth than most realize. Make love and want to sleep; be refused and frustrated and want go fight someone ! Young guys get into trouble all the time from an overload of testosterone and the little brain doing all their thinking. Maybe China's old leadership knows that the testosterone of it's youth needs to be directed away from internal matters; anyplace but directed here might be the thinking. ?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It certainly seems that the politicians and big corporations in the USA are hoping to complete "amnesty" for the illegal immigrants (mexican and otherwise) to compete for low -wage jobs - like the "working poor" and welfare recieptiants (blacks and illiterate whites) are hoping for.

The USA is being destroyed - we are the new third world nation -

The middle class is being destroyed through communist policies - our little wealth that we can manage to come up with (housing equity, retirement plans, relatively cheap, good healthcare) are going to be plundered -

All by design.

And still, people cannot fathom this.

Not to mention our privacy and our constitutional Bill of Rights.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Will China maintain the hard line and refuse to back away from international law and the determination of other concerned Countries?

The questions that have to precede yours are: Why there? Why now? And why in that manner? Unfortunately I don't have a pat answer for those.

I don't see this as hardline for China. They've shown us a card in their hand. The other cards they're holding could be anything. The ones up their sleeves (and I know they've got some) are what they're counting on.

Were I to hazard a guess, they're playing Obamarama. That the guy has neither diplomatic nor leadership skills is obvious. His last two SecStates have been nothing more than politicians ... certainly nowhere near meeting my definition of a professional statesman. They're going to get as much mileage out of this as they can. 'Why now' would be a nice answer to have 'right now.'

We know one of their strategic goals is the reacquisition of Taiwan. I'd guess the 'why there' question may be that they expect to bag Taiwan in some sort of concession ... or ... that they'll acquiesce to some arms sale if the US lets its obligations to the Japanese Defense Treaty slip a bit. The political alligators are higher than Obamarama's elbows and he may do something really stupid this time.

Will they maintain? No one can 'make' them quit. I think Zaphod was right when he said maintaining a stance would seriously tax China's capabilities. I'm just hoping they don't bring down an aircraft in the meantime ... because the best way for Obamarama to survive the next three years is by starting a war ... and he doesn't look interested in a ME dust-up to me.

ETA1:

Happy1
reply to post by 727Sky
The middle class is being destroyed through communist policies

Happy1's point is a good one too. The Chinese have a lot more experience with Communism than Obamarama could ever hope to have. They know where all the cliffs are ... and we don't.

ETA2: I just looked over a Chinese economic forecast (crystal balling). To paraphrase, the Chinese are looking at very flat economic growth. The speaker opined that nationalist fervor maybe the offset for this disappointment. If he's right, you're point about all those excess male bodies would become a huge factor in their decision making processes.

I'd sure appreciate a variety of opinions from the smart people here on ATS.
edit on 30112013 by Snarl because: ETA

new topics

top topics

join