It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza Hut manager refuses to open for Thanks Giving, gets fired! Happy Thanks Giving Corporate Ameri

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

PLAYERONE01
I'd rather work thanks giving at pizza hut than get pepper sprayed....

I cant find that thread now.
Did the ATS censorship anti-free-speech mafia go and purge that thread out of existence?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

You're the one who just posted a paragraph worth of emoticons right?

Wasn't aware one such as yourself owns a Pizza Hut.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

12voltz
" They get hungry when they're out shopping."
Classic line that pretty much sums up the whole mentality in a nutshell(or is that 'case')

yeah its hard work lugging around those bags of snacks and soda ,best get me some pizza so i can make it home for turkey.

I was thinking more along the lines of how far America has slid that the sense of entitlement has crept into popular culture.

My dad viewed holidays as, "Just another day". That is a common viewpoint in my neck of the woods. Sure, we will celebrate Thanksgiving....but Ill have my laptop plugged in and Ill be working, too. On Friday ill work all day, Saturday too. Sunday night is the last night of the month, so Ill pull an all night doing inventories, then work all day monday. To make my business run.

Or I could be a candyass and demand the day off. Might as well. While I am slacking, the competition is gaining market share. That is being a responsible manager. LOL

You're missing the point... life is short and time is precious. So the only way what you say is acceptable for human beings, is if you love what you do to the point of not wanting to do anything else. In which case you're one boring ********** dood

edit on 27-11-2013 by binary0x01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

binary0x01

bigfatfurrytexan

12voltz
" They get hungry when they're out shopping."
Classic line that pretty much sums up the whole mentality in a nutshell(or is that 'case')

yeah its hard work lugging around those bags of snacks and soda ,best get me some pizza so i can make it home for turkey.

I was thinking more along the lines of how far America has slid that the sense of entitlement has crept into popular culture.

My dad viewed holidays as, "Just another day". That is a common viewpoint in my neck of the woods. Sure, we will celebrate Thanksgiving....but Ill have my laptop plugged in and Ill be working, too. On Friday ill work all day, Saturday too. Sunday night is the last night of the month, so Ill pull an all night doing inventories, then work all day monday. To make my business run.

Or I could be a candyass and demand the day off. Might as well. While I am slacking, the competition is gaining market share. That is being a responsible manager. LOL

You're missing the point... life is short and time is precious. So the only way what you say is acceptable for human beings, is if you love what you do to the point of not wanting to do anything else. In which case you're one boring ********** dood

edit on 27-11-2013 by binary0x01 because: (no reason given)

Life IS short and precious. And it'll chew your ass up and spit you out.

Do i love what I do? Meh, i like it. I enjoy the challenges of the day to day operations.

We obviously have different viewpoints. I am of a more industrious viewpoint. I find satisfaction in providing service to others. Even here on ATS, where I spend quite a bit of time.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Isittruee

You sound like a Very Cold Hearted Person . Thanksgiving , A Traditional Day of Thanks to the Supreme Being for All the Things we Americans and Our FAMILIES have been Blessed with Today . ONE DAY out of the YEAR , is that asking TOO MUCH ? .............
!

Baloney. Our thanksgiving this year will be at 3pm. My wife works tonight and tomorrow night as a nurse in a mental hospital. No days off for her this thanksgiving.

None of us are entitled to certain days off unless you can negotiate them with your employer. There is no entitlement. Unfortunately we have to work. And since a work life supports a social life, it is in our best interest to remember that we have to work.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't believe how many of you are ragging this man for trying to give his workers some time with family on a holiday.
Holiday.
Holy - day.
Remember?
Sometimes the only time you get to see your parents/children/aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents...?
Americans have so few holidays (non-gov workers anyway).
Compare the US to anywhere else in the world, we don't have half the holidays and no festivals so common other places.
Humans need play time, down time, family time.
We also need holidays for social cohesion believe it or not.
It's one of the few things most of us have in common anymore.
Don't we need times like Thanksgiving to look forward to instead of work, work, work everyday on an endless treadmill?

This is about people and putting their needs ahead of profit motives for 1/365th of the year.
Not much of a concession to give considering the goodwill it can generate in return for employees thinking their well-being is valued by their employers.
Truth is unless it costs them money 9 out 10 employers don't give a flying monkey's ass about their workers.
They're nameless, faceless, numbers who can be replaced on a whim, so don't dare put up for yourselves.
What a world we live in.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Work is work.

I'm separated from my family because of work.

*waaaa*

Kudos for being an advocate to his employees.

But grow a pair and welcome to life.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm just trying to imagine how much I would have to wreck my life to find myself eating Pizza Hut on Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Def Youth
I'm just trying to imagine how much I would have to wreck my life to find myself eating Pizza Hut on Thanksgiving.

Imagine being alone, working a job, and wanting something to eat.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm ordering a pizza tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

beezzer

Might have to join you. Don't forget to get your grey Thursday shopping in.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

This is about people and putting their needs ahead of profit motives for 1/365th of the year.

No, no its not. Its about trying to get a paid holiday. Half these people can give a rats ass with their families. Family values are gone. Welcome to the new era. Laziness and free money is what its all about. I'm a 90s baby and more then 3/4 of people I grew up with don't have contact with their family or have a job. They know and talk to their social worker more then their damn mothers. Thats the cold hard truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Paid holiday? I kinda doubt people working at pizza hut get those. Not many people I know get those come to think of it lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Isittruee

beezzer

Might have to join you. Don't forget to get your grey Thursday shopping in.

Life, sometimes it sucks.

All I can tell people is to man up.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

TKDRL

Paid holiday? I kinda doubt people working at pizza hut get those. Not many people I know get those come to think of it lol.

They do. As well as dental, vision, and paid vacation.

Regardless. Your the manager. Run your store like one. Time for people to grow up. Go to work or file for your food stamps and welfare like every other lazy bastard.(except people that are disabled, cant find work..etc) Tired of hearing the bitching of people that think their entitled. Its a holiday. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Somebody is finally standing up to this BS.

Greedy corporations staying open on family holidays just so a few extra $$$ roll in. What happened to the days when a family got to spend Thanksgiving with each other?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Are you talking about management, or are you saying all employees get all that? I was 90% sure paid holidays and coverage were a myth
Never had those in all my 32 years. Not at wendy's or macy's, definately not running my own business lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

TKDRL

Are you talking about management, or are you saying all employees get all that? I was 90% sure paid holidays and coverage were a myth
Never had those in all my 32 years. Not at wendy's or macy's, definately not running my own business lol.

Hate them emotes

Management. This guy was management. If you worked in those places like you said you'll know these jobs aren't about competition. Its popularity. He wasn't making a statement or a stand, maybe he wanted some respect.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Almost all stores used to be closed on Thanksgiving Day. I do not like the trend to turn this day into just another ordinary day where only a few people get to take the day off. Corporations are destroying a national holiday all in the name of profit or greed.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Good for him for taking a stand! He's a good man!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join