It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Refusal will result in a Racial Discrimination note being attached to your child's educational re

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How else do you deal with moronic parents. This is education, not indoctrination. It's part of the kids education to learn about other belief systems apparently. I just don't know how to deal with backwards, imbecilic folks who damage their children in the name of hating "those" people.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Kids learning about other cultures and religion is bad? Hmmm interesting i wonder what type of parents they are or what type of mindset they have..

However the letter does seem intimidating. Could have worded better.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

damwel
How else do you deal with moronic parents. This is education, not indoctrination. It's part of the kids education to learn about other belief systems apparently. I just don't know how to deal with backwards, imbecilic folks who damage their children in the name of hating "those" people.

As a leader, I understand that you can achieve your ends without the heavy hand. This lady's letter discredits the concept of "racism" by watering it down needlessly. That is moronic.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I thought the children are the future and all racist and discrimination will die out with old farts. Looks like they want to pass their hatred and ignorance before they die out.

Long live racism! right?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
How does "racial discrimination" even fit into this?

How would this particular RD note, in a child's school record, be worded?

What sort of effect would said note have? In other words, what are the consequences of a RD charge in the future? In the case of some sort of anonymous hate crime, would a student with this marked in their file be an immediate suspect?

Who in the world has decided to take it upon themselves to force children to "explore other religions"?

This is crazy!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow... I see... So it's a permission slip in a way, but carries an outright threat of 'or else' to make the CHILD suffer consequence if the parent opts them out of whatever cultural crap this is? (Sorry..I have no respect for whatever the program was supposed to teach when that is the method they use to force compliance).

So who will win this race to be the first nation with a working Police State in place? The US and UK seem to be neck and neck to a photo finish.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. It's basically forced indoctrination to the schools principles. I'd pull my child from that school if I got such a letter. It just shows me that they shouldn't have anything to do with educating anyone.

When did "I don't like religion" become a racist term? Especially when race does not equal religious beliefs?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
So who will win this race to be the first nation with a working Police State in place? The US and UK seem to be neck and neck to a photo finish.

London may be the most CCTV watched city in the world, but the USA is REALLY very much ahead in the race for police state totalitarianism.

Eveytime i visit the states i feel in danger and its not because of the infinity tiny chance a terrorist will "get me".

I have never committed a crime in my country or any other, but the USA, every time theres a cop or customs agent, im worried to be wrongly imprisoned or shot. Sorry but normal law abiding people should not feel like that in safe friendly country's!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

It's basically forced indoctrination to the schools principles.

Or make a better member of the society by learning about others around you? or is it the fear of can't have the kids learning about others stuff, or they might convert? lol

When did "I don't like religion" become a racist term? Especially when race does not equal religious beliefs?

I think the letter says "religious and cultural", altho culture and race are not the same, but they go hand in hand.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah.. right... Keep on with that US is worse than UK thing. It's forgetting that the US and UK have worked hand in glove, shoulder to shoulder in developing the tech, the systems, the facilities and the daily operations of intelligence gathering, world wide since at least the early days of World War II.

In some very real ways, the US and UK really are just a letter difference, and a distinction without meaning at that. Swap GCHQ for NSA and maybe the technology is a little cheesier in England, but nothing else changes in any material way.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I fully agree with the similarity's, what im saying in answer to your post about whos ahead, i must say USA.

The UK doesnt harass "normal" looking and sounding citizens as the USA does.

Also our cops are far more human, i know a few and i can tell you for nothing that if they pulled me over i have absolute confidence i would be set free shortly after a brief chat.
Why? Because they know the laws and respect/uphold the peace.
The feel to ANY USA government or security employee is inherently hostile in my experience. The state has control of their minds unlike the UK. yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

damwel

It's not about what they are trying to teach. It's the moronic threats from the school. By doing nothing, the parents will damage their children by showing them it's better to buckle and fall on your face before any authority ridiculous threats than to question it and stand against it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

luciddream
Or make a better member of the society by learning about others around you? or is it the fear of can't have the kids learning about others stuff, or they might convert? lol

Give me a break. You know damn well this is coercion. We're already learning about others around us on a daily basis through both past and current history lessons and by living in our modern society.

luciddreamI think the letter says "religious and cultural", altho culture and race are not the same, but they go hand in hand.

Tell that to the etnic Britons who are Islamic. Or ethnic Norwegians that are Buddhists. Or the Syrians that are Christian. Religion does not go "hand in hand" with ones race. And opposing facist ideologies isn't akin to racism.

A school is there to teach, not indoctrinate. Religious studies need to stay out of school period!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

StoutBroux
This could be dealt with swiftly if all or at least a good majority of the parents decided not to send their children to this event, along with a note explaining their reasons why. If people could just come together and let tptb know they won't be sheep any longer with simple rebellions, they could accomplish so much in a very little time.

I would like to hear their reasons why.
So far we have heard concern that religious indoctrination will be included,
and the possibility of alien invasion that day connected to comet ISON.

The first was addressed in the note- indoctrination is not included in the program.
The second....I'll leave that alone, it is too tempting to mock (but a note in their file would be a good idea..)

Are there other reasons possible, that could be taken seriously??

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Give me a break. You know damn well this is coercion

Yup it is, it does seem like a threat.

We're already learning about others around us on a daily basis through both past and current history lessons and by living in our modern society.

Are we really? i highly doubt that. All i see is nurturing hate because others fail to understand each other more, miscommunication and not understand certain aspect(like old Chinese women yelling, they are not angry, sometimes thats how they talk) etc.

A school is there to teach, not indoctrinate. Religious studies need to stay out of school period!

Oh don't get more wrong, i despise religion, my every other post in probably anti-religious.

But i see nothing wrong with kids LEARNING about religious in religion class. However, if that class slowly comes into science class, then that is a whole different scenario.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It was the act of single person and has already been dealt with.

The story does end reasonably well. After the intense responses from parents, local government officials intervened and forced Small to apologize for her threatening letter. She has since written a second letter to parents kindly asking them to “disregard” the first missive, notes the Mail.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Bluesma

I would like to hear their reasons why.
So far we have heard concern that religious indoctrination will be included,
and the possibility of alien invasion that day connected to comet ISON.

The first was addressed in the note- indoctrination is not included in the program.
The second....I'll leave that alone, it is too tempting to mock (but a note in their file would be a good idea..)

Are there other reasons possible, that could be taken seriously??

These two reasons in the note.

Refusal to allow your chilled to attend this trip will result in a Racial Discrimination note being attached to your child’s education record, which will remain on this file throughout their school career.

All absences on this day will be investigated for their credibility and will only be sanctioned with a a GP sick note.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

MrSpad
It was the act of single person and has already been dealt with.

The story does end reasonably well. After the intense responses from parents, local government officials intervened and forced Small to apologize for her threatening letter. She has since written a second letter to parents kindly asking them to “disregard” the first missive, notes the Mail.

Well see there, actions do equal results.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well, it's probably best left with saying I know the US and how it operates. I strongly disagree with your interpretation of life here or how it functions day to day for normal people. The media tends to create an exceptionally warped view where you'd think cops were beating people daily, all over our nation on a whim...while criminals are all but shooting and beating people coast to coast for pure sport. Neither is the case outside isolated examples...but those examples are blown into stories so big, you'd think they define America itself.

In that general theme, let me ask you then, given that I do not live in your nation any more than you live in mine, how representative of England is this letter for threats outright made to parents if they don't readily conform to the social agenda and mandates of central administration?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I still an unaware on how 'muslims' are a race of people?

Any person from any race could be a follower of ANY faith.

So how can not liking a religion (which you are perfectly entitled not to agree with) make anyone a 'racist'?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join