It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of Anti-US Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The point is to establish your lifespan in the world in which your name exists. You have four years to rebel or meet your fate, it seems.

Ah! I see now. Consider me to be a "runner".

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Actually, repeated kicking Bush's policy makes me feel all patriotic inside!

Sure I support the troops, I got friends over there just like everyone else, but I'll also hold em to task when they screw up (like the abuse scandal.) And to anyone who says that we should treat them exactly how they treat their hostages, I say you are unworthy to kisss my feet. The very thought that America should hold herself to anything but the highest ethical standards makes me sick. I love America, and I want her to be the absolute best nation in the world.

If you are so set on commiting warcrimes I hear Osama's looking for some new recruits.

Since some of you "Real Americans" have forgotten, our nation was founded by people that under current law would be considdered terrorists. While our founding fathers were, thankfully, much much more moral than the terrorists we now fight, no one can deny that our country was founded on dissent.

So yea, when I bash the president for being the worst in modern history, I believe I'm following in the grand tradition of our founding fathers, and they would be proud.

Viva La Resistance
~Astral

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

all the politicians and the rich should be obligated to send their sons and daughters to the front line to fight like the others.but i suppose this special children are unpatriotic when it comes to defendind their nation

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Anti US people exist, because ignorant Americans remain.
Because Ignorant and arrogant Americans chose to following the government, before following the Flag.
Blind patriots chose being a traitor because its easy, over being an American because its hard.

Yes, the soldiers are doing a hard job, under difficult circumstances for lies, its unfortunate they become the centre of blame.
This is the mistake of your government, because they sent them there, to do their work.

In saying that, the soldiers that going on killing rampages, the ones that rape women and children, the ones that abuse in the prisons, and the ones that laugh and giggle when a man is shot to shreds.. these men and women become to the focus of the world.

You seem to be taking a shot at all the people criticising this war, how about instead your accept they too are looking for someone to blame, maybe you should both attack the government, instead of the people attacking your troops.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I am not anti-war, just against it when it is fought in an idiotic fashion. We invaded a country of twenty million people with around 150,000 troops - how do you expect to win a war with so few troops? The U.S. needs to get our of Iraq, we do not belong there. Our troops belong in America and no other country unless we really have a reason to be there. In that case, we go in, kick ass and leave. There are no foreign military bases in the U.S., why should we have military bases in over 80 countries?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am anti-Iraq War, Anti-GWBush, Anti-Bull#!
If you want to continue to pander to a lying president, then do as you have and use the troops and individual soldiers as your excuse to support one of the most corrupt administrations in world history. Bush, Cheney and Co. are like Mugabe in Zimbabwe: using the military to achieve their illicit goals, padding their own nests and those of their friends and families while their own country goes down the crap river. Whatever happened to honor? The soldiers fighting a war with no end sure don't see any when they look to their Commander in Chief and VP! How inspirational can that be for the young men and women putting their lives on the line? "Now that Dick is one man I can sure look up to. I want to be just like that Dick one day!"

Sure you can feel sorry for the US troops, because they have zero leadership, zero attainable goals, zero strategy and zero inspiration.
But blind support toward them in this particular situation only enables the administration to continue its rampage. Someone needs to come in and make some strong decisions: Replace half the troops immediately with educators, engineers, daycare workers, carpenters, people not in uniform helping to rebuild Iraq. America needs to show some good faith toward that country and some respect towards their culture. Not just in Iraq but the entire Middle East.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am not from the United States (I don't like to say American as that obfuscates what I am talking about) and I don't live there.
I don't like what your 'rulers' are doing and I try to make the distinction between the 'people' and the 'rulers'.
You have a beautiful country, there is amazing scenery, wildlife and rich culture. That statement can apply to most, if not all countries.

I don't support what your troops are doing either. I have absolutely no respect for them. Don't worry however, as I have absolutely no respect for any troops of any country. I believe they allow wars to be fought by their active participation and they should all be called 'murderers' rather than soldiers and then see how many people would sign up (there would still be some, unfortunately).

I don't like the way that one country has another country over a barrel, and this doesn't just apply to the United States.

I don't like the way my country is involved in the war on terror and I think that we should have been as adamant about not getting involved as we were when we got out of ANZUS and declared ourselves nuclear weapon free (Good ol' David Lange in the Oxford Union Debate: "I can smell the Uranium on your breath").

I don't like the way that diplomacy fails and violence is so quickly proposed.
I don't like the fact that so much time, effort, expenditure and resources are put into developing weapons of death, murder and hate when there are so many people in the world in need of food, shelter, clothing, healthcare and love.

I know it is easy to get a rant going that is considered 'anti-U.S.' but this is directed at all countries, at all people. We are all citizens of the Earth and as such we all deserve the same rights and respect and cultural sensitivity.
For all intents and purposes, this is the only planet we have, and we have to be able to share it amicably.

We are all prey to base, knee-jerk reactions and discriminatory thoughts and actions when confronted with something that is different. It is such a shame that we are so quick to jump to anger.

I am not religious, I do not believe in god, or gods. This does not make me a bad person, just as someone who believes is not a bad person.

I value education, health, shelter and love. I would like to think that most people do.
So what are we fighting for? From where I stand, it looks like it is to line the pockets and inflate the egos of the few.
That is the major injustice of this world, and one of the sources of a lot of its problems.

Kia kaha nga hoa.
Tihe mauri ora
Haramaio, mahia mai taku ra.
Arohanui.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join