It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Obamacare subsidy for some low-income Americans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

That is why I been telling that the insurance business will become bigger than the banks, because is not regulations against them, just like people think that banks are under control after the bailouts, they are now too humongous to fail and the bailout is on going, every month they get their infusion of billions of dollars, under ACA the next bubble is going to be the insurance companies and if the scam sticks ACA will provide an infusion of tax dollars for the insurance business for life at the expenses of tax payers.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

It has to be explained how much a money pit all of those things have become. And the huge issues, mismanagement and corruption all have??

Yeah, go put your head back in the sand.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by nugget1

Since when has the government come up with ANYTHING that hasn't been a cluster-F?

Here's a few off the top of my head:

Social Security
Medicare
Federal Deposit Insurance
The GI Bill
NASA
NOAA
NIH
CDC
Interstate Highway System
National Weather Service
DARPA (thanks for the Internet)
National Parks
Pell Grants
Public Libraries
FAA
NTSB
How about the military? A little pricey, but we seem to win.. a lot.

It's easy to talk smack, but people take for granted the standard of living we enjoy because of agencies and programs like those listed above.

COINTELPRO
MKULTRA
Operation Ajax
Operation Gladio
Iran Contra
Patriot Act
Vietnam being extented longer than needed
2003 Iraq war
"That Bay of Pigs thing"
$5 trillion to extorting criminal banks and investment firms
Federal Reserve Act
Bill Clinton's fake "Surplus"
Bill Clinton's NAFTA
Benghasi standdown
Monsanto protection act
flourine ion in drinking water to help dental care.
Operation Fast and Furious
NDAA
Fema detention centers
Utah Data Center
Fusion Centers
PRISM
Echelon
RAX-84
Depleted Uranium being used in combat.
BP getting a slap on the hand for the gulf disaster.
NSA spying on everyone without a warrant without cause.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Are the brain dead- Zombie- pro 0bama voters finally getting the message.........

You are all Useless Eaters !

the fictional 'subsidies' were the carrots-on-a-pole... used to entice the zombie/low-info dupes to vote for this meat-puppet of the Globalists

What's going down is the taking away the 'Earned-Income-Credit' monies that kept all them thar freeloaders in high-cotton

because 0bamascare is quietly sucking up the tax refunds/rebates the gov't used to pay out but now will collect in the form of the 'mandate' health coverage

sheeze...if the sheeple weren't so pathetic and easily manipulated ...it would be ''har-har funny '
but instead it's sad but has a good deal of Shadenfreude attached to it in my minds eye

the actual dual 'mandate;' was for Pharma & health insurance to make-out-like-bandits for a decade (while rates stableize)... and the Fed Govt reaps in Billions in premiums as a constant revenue source ---WHILE the Income-tax-credit monies paid out will no longer get paid...
hence a government that has billions of bucks coming in to make the US Treasury balance sheet look positive with hundreds of Billions in InFlow Revenues but very little tax-refunds or Income Credit Tax pay-outs to the welfare cheats (for hundreds of Billions of payments every tax years)
edit on 26-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

you know what.... very few people will learn or understand they have been played or duped in the first place
BTW... i would consider being paid to fluff the 0bama administration policy & actions, to spin the crap to a favorable, positive position in the eyes of the public or even Congress
(if it even survives as a potent branch of government)
I don't need 'offed' because i can be bought...from the regimes line-of-vision
edit on 26-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ok, here we go again:

Soon to be cut and paste Disclaimer:

I am neither for or against the AMA. If anything it is a poorly written piece of legislature that needs redressing. What that entails, is yet to be seen.
I write on the subject to inject facts and honesty in the debate as so many here like to use half-truths and outright lies. I believe if we debate HONESTLY with facts, the whole issue could be fixed faster.

Whew...With that out of the way:

Federal subsides start at 133% of poverty level to 450% of poverty level. This leaves a gap with pre-AMA Medicaid standards.
The Medicaid expansion was written as part of the AMA to close that gap, by expanding the income limit for medicaid to 133%, thereby eliminating the gap.

Some states did not accept the Medicaid expansion, and did nothing to cover the gap. In those states, yes there is a gap between medicaid and federal subsidies.
Some states, like the one where I live, rejected the Medicaid expansion, but filled the gap by expanding one of their own programs.
If you live in one of the states that rejected the Medicaid expansion, you need to check and make sure they did not cover the gap in another way.

I see the same players in this thread spouting half-truths. Why is it so hard to debate this issue with facts and trying to find answers, instead of just hating everything to the point of blind rage.Would your energy not be better spent helping people navigate the system until we can fix it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join