It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Prion Disease Found: Causes Diarrhea and Neuropathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Prions are infectious misfolded proteins that can mutate to create new strains and infect a variety of cells. However, prion disease was re-defined during the last administration to acknowledge only prion infections in the brain. Now, a new prion disease has been discovered and acknowledged to involve abnormal prion proteins found all over the body; it is NOT primarily associated with dementia. The main symptoms are "severe diarrhea; neuropathy, manifesting as loss of feelings in feet; and loss of bladder control and postural hypotension." This "new discovery" may open the door for more comprehensive prion disease research.

A Novel Prion Disease Associated with Diarrhea and Autonomic Neuropathy

BACKGROUND
Human prion diseases, although variable in clinicopathological phenotype, generally present as neurologic or neuropsychiatric conditions associated with rapid multifocal central nervous system degeneration that is usually dominated by dementia and cerebellar ataxia. Approximately 15% of cases of recognized prion disease are inherited and associated with coding mutations in the gene encoding prion protein (PRNP). The availability of genetic diagnosis has led to a progressive broadening of the recognized spectrum of disease.

CONCLUSIONS
Abnormal forms of prion protein that were found in multiple peripheral tissues were associated with diarrhea, autonomic failure, and neuropathy.

Novel Prion Disease With Peripheral Symptoms Identified

…the affected family presented with 11 members showing symptoms of this syndrome, with severe diarrhea; neuropathy, manifesting as loss of feelings in feet; and loss of bladder control and postural hypotension. The researchers studied 6 of the affected family members in detail, along with autopsy or biopsy samples obtained from 5 of them, and found abnormal prion protein deposits.

…Prion diseases have so far been confined to the brain, but in this condition, the abnormal prion proteins were found all over the body.

edit on 23/11/13 by soficrow because: add wd accuracy

edit on 23/11/13 by masqua because: edit by request

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Can you clarify on this one, they are saying it's genetic and not transmitted for developing it? I learned more about that other prion disease than I really wanted to, including it's rather disturbing success rate of transmission, for lack of a better term with something that isn't actually 'alive'.

Weird stuff... Anyway, I looked and didn't see anything explaining the 'other than 15%', for a cited number?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Very good information in this article. I knew of prions for years but just figured they were associated with brain and spinal cord tissue. That is until I started reading your threads and started to do more research. S&F

I know someone who has numbing of the feet for many years and also diarrhea. He also has consistent nasal drip. He had part of his esophagus removed because of cancer. His brother also had part of his esophagus removed.

My daughter has had problems with diarrhea for many years, if she eats certain foods she gets the runs. Some of the foods she has to avoid are good for you also. That may be a candida overload or intolerance though and not related to this.

I haven't run across anything that can be consumed to help protect from prions. I would guess that dandelions may be protective but there are no direct links to any natural medicines for prions. These seem to cross into the body and some seem to be symbiotically in our body while others seem to be very troublesome. Maybe the good ones can make war on the bad ones somehow or maybe certain viruses kill prions. I don't know. Viruses can kill or cause cancer, I am thinking that they can also possibly help us with this.

Now, I am wondering if taking mineral supplements will help, they increase the alkalinity of the body a bit. I don't think calcium would be a good choice though. Many microbes cannot prosper in a slightly alkaline environment.

Have you any knowledge of how to possibly help people to control these Softcrow? You seem to read a lot more articles on this subject than I do.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's strange that these diseases can have different names for basically the same disease when they are in humans instead of animals. I suppose they can't really say a human has mad cow disease though. I knew some guys years ago that called their wives old cows.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think they are very strongly invested in the public impression that it's a series of similar but not directly related diseases. It wouldn't be polite for the public to fully understand they're all from the same little prion that can't be killed/disinfected/sterilized against, since it's not actually alive anyway.

It can be destroyed, but that's a powerful word in science. In this case, it involves things like incinerators that I wouldn't call realistic for food prep. Nature's little time bomb and whammy, if it may actually have gone through the food chain by the cattle rendering issues, as one example...

Oh well... One of those subjects I kinda wish I'd left entirely alone, actually. It's like a texas size asteroid. If the damage was done, it's been done already and nothing anyone can do would stop the long term end result now.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I learned more about that other prion disease than I really wanted to, including it's rather disturbing success rate of transmission, for lack of a better term with something that isn't actually 'alive'.

Then you probably don't want to look up "amyloidosis". Really.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Can you clarify on this one, they are saying it's genetic and not transmitted for developing it? I learned more about that other prion disease than I really wanted to... I looked and didn't see anything explaining the 'other than 15%', for a cited number?

It's tricky - and very, very political. This particular prion disease is defined (or at least understood) as "genetic" - likely the reason it has been officially acknowledged (it dovetails with the Eugenics agenda) - it tracked one family and identified a common "truncated mutation" protein. I haven't seen clear evidence of a DNA mutation, just a protein mutation that could be epigenetic not genetic. This truncated protein was not transmissible in mice - predictable because prion-proteins need to go through a 'process' to create cell- and species-specific strains. If and when general testing becomes common, research likely will show this disease can be inherited epigenetically, acquired in other ways and/or result from 'sporadic' effects - just like other prion diseases. The big question is: Can inherited epigenetic change that affects proteins later cause mutations in DNA and become genetic, even if the effects are not beneficial to the organism and species? So far, this question has NOT been answered.

We identified a PRNP Y163X truncation mutation and describe a distinct and consistent phenotype ...

Our results confirm that truncating mutations are frequent in both familial and sporadic NF1 cases.

This means truncation mutations do NOT confirm DNA change and genetic inheritance.

In general, only 10-15% of prion diseases are "inherited" with a much smaller percentage being genetic (the rest being epigenetic, meaning they do NOT affect DNA). Briefly, prion diseases can be:

1. Acquired. Prions are infectious - they can be ingested (food, water), inhaled, and 'acquired' through skin contact.
2. Sporadic. Prions can be created when normal proteins are exposed to environmental changes during the folding process; new prion strains also can be created when a prion comes into contact with a different cell.
3. Inherited. Inheritance can be genetic or epigenetic. Epigenetic inheritance does NOT involve changes to DNA.
NOTE: There is a common misunderstanding that all inheritance is genetic, which is nurtured and manipulated to serve nefarious purposes.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

...I haven't run across anything that can be consumed to help protect from prions. …Have you any knowledge of how to possibly help people to control these ...?

My old references are ...old. Haven't updated but here's what I know.

1. Minimize the level of exposure to any single strain by eating a varied diet; this prevents any particular strain from overwhelming your body and immune system.

2. The best prion therapeutics are still natural - green tea; curcumin from curry, cumin or turmeric; sage; and (unnatural) antihistamines and statins. REMEMBER - taking any meds long term will modify your body's cellular environment and likely lead to the creation of new prions and/or prion strains. [Also Note: Statins cause killer fibromyalgia in me - I won't take them. I do take benadryl and ranitidine, but they're not on the list.]

New Inhibitors of Scrapie-Associated Prion Protein Formation in a Library of 2,000 Drugs and Natural Products

Several classes of compounds were represented in the 17 most potent inhibitors, including naturally occurring polyphenols (e.g., tannic acid and tea extracts), phenothiazines, antihistamines, statins, and antimalarial compounds. ...many are either approved human drugs or edible natural products...

3. Rethink your idea of 'disease' and recognize that prions are simply an evolutionary mechanism that bring us into harmony with our environment. (See my response to wrabbit below)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

...If the damage was done, it's been done already and nothing anyone can do would stop the long term end result now.

I think we need to recognize that prions are an evolutionary mechanism - they help bring our cells, systems and bodies into harmony with our (changing) environment. True, we can't turn back the clock but we can slow down the changes we are making to the environment and our own bodies.

edit on 23/11/13 by soficrow because: phrase

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just to clarify, researchers studied longitudinal clinical assessments from a 20 year period, then focused on 11 family members (6 living, 5 by biopsy). The autonomic and neuropathic symptoms developed in "early adulthood" while "cognitive decline and seizures occurred when the patients were in their 40s or 50s."

If the disease is genetic, then why did it take 20-odd years for the first symptoms to appear in early adulthood? OR, if the prions were ingested, does the presence of prions in cells and tissues all through the body indicate the path prions take to get from the gut to the brain?

We studied 6 of 11 affected family members in detail, along with autopsy or biopsy samples obtained from 5 family members.

...a distinct and consistent phenotype of chronic diarrhea with autonomic failure and a length-dependent axonal, predominantly sensory, peripheral polyneuropathy with an onset in early adulthood. Cognitive decline and seizures occurred when the patients were in their 40s or 50s. The deposition of prion protein amyloid was seen throughout peripheral organs, including the bowel and peripheral nerves. Neuropathological examination during end-stage disease showed the deposition of prion protein in the form of frequent cortical amyloid plaques, cerebral amyloid angiopathy, and tauopathy. A unique pattern of abnormal prion protein fragments was seen in brain tissue.

edit on 23/11/13 by soficrow because: add bold

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Dunno # from shinola really anymore....but beginning to sense that the whole prion thing is not evolutionary, but just another part of the planned great die off,... which the earth is undergoing presently......
Puny humans think they can hold the processions of the universe at bay.............soon it will be just earth plus plastic,...and a new cycle will begin.............
(that last in loving memory of GC........)
Apart from that.....
It strikes me strongly that it is very interesting the gov boys are setting up DNA collection across the nation rather swiftly these days......and it may just be it has zero to do with the NWO.....and everything to do with PRIONS...........
think ABOUT IT.................
edit on 23-11-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
From studying diseases for about six years I have come to think that most things called genetic diseases come from eating or indulging in food or environmental conditions that we have not yet become slowly used to. It is the rapid changing of the diet and the air and water that is the problem. This sort of confuses the immune system and this confusion causes a lowering of communications of the cells. It causes the DNA to express itself differently which in turn allows a possible weakness. When you change the gene expression and it remains ongoing for a long time, it can lead to side effects.

The longstanding thinking that the junk DNA was not worthy of studying because it was said not to be able to encode proteins is now proved to be false. Someone is researching this and has found that over a hundred sites encode proteins and they are less than one percent finished with checking. The assumption that these could not encode proteins has allowed the creation of chemistry being added in our diet because it does not effect what we were calling DNA, a very small part of our Real DNA. You cannot take one part of a person's DNA and say that is the only part that is important. This makes the medical industry a lot of money.

Desire of big chemical businesses to profit has made this deceit possible and we believe these people because we want to believe in something. Science is riddled with greed. Train millions of people that a lie is the truth and then it becomes part of reality.

I am not saying that all chemical scientists are corrupt, actually the opposite is true. I am saying that they were led to believe a lie that they were taught is real. The truth is that this field is in it's infancy and that the knowledge we now possess about it has some severe flaws. When you are trained to live in a box by people who want to structure our reality the way they feel it should be, then you rarely open the lid and peek out unless there is a dire need, then you climb back into your safe cozy box again when you are finished.

It seems like it is getting more and more acceptable to peek out of the box nowadays though. But the ones that build the boxes don't like this and they try to dissuade us from doing it, sometimes even threatening us of sticking us into a lower quality box.

I think that this subject is a lot more complex than even the experts want to realize. We interact with bacteria, fungus, viruses, and prions all day long. I am not afraid of them. If you fear something it senses your stress and it opens a door. I am finding how to live better with these companions in the environment. I will treat those in my only kingdom, my body, as my subjects and hope that if I treat them well we can live a good life together. Hopefully they will fight with me to kill bad invaders.

I suppose some would say that I am nuts because I think these things are my friends....I think they are right myself.
I guess I will see if it works, I know fear and stress screw up our immune system so that is a big plus on my theory.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

...We interact with bacteria, fungus, viruses, and prions all day long. I am not afraid of them. If you fear something it senses your stress and it opens a door. I am finding how to live better with these companions in the environment. I will treat those in my only kingdom, my body, as my subjects and hope that if I treat them well we can live a good life together. Hopefully they will fight with me to kill bad invaders.

I suppose some would say that I am nuts because I think these things are my friends....I think they are right myself. I guess I will see if it works, I know fear and stress screw up our immune system so that is a big plus on my theory.

: up : ...We all ARE a vast cooperative collection of viruses, bacteria, fungi and other microbes - and it sure looks like prions are a messenger connecting our networks.

RE: "our Real DNA." The fact is that our 20,000 genes are not enough to encode everything about us - and much of what happens in us is NOT genetic. Life -and living- is much, much more complicated. True, Eugenicists and the New Eugenics Movement keep trying to interpret the data to prove genetic cause, genetic superiority and genetic inferiority - but they're wrong. We are all in a constant state of flux, responding to environmental change, and so are our bloodlines it would seem.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

...beginning to sense that the whole prion thing is not evolutionary, but just another part of the planned great die off,... which the earth is undergoing presently......

It strikes me strongly that it is very interesting the gov boys are setting up DNA collection across the nation rather swiftly these days......and it may just be it has zero to do with the NWO.....and everything to do with PRIONS...........
think ABOUT IT.................

I'm thinkin' great die-offs happen when environmental changes are too rapid for evolutionary processes. FYI - the scientific evidence proves prions support beneficial evolution in yeast and bacteria, at least.

RE: DNA collection across the nation. I'm with you. Prepping to weed out the infected defectives? Maybe trying to identify inferior and superior breeding stock? Before some big push? Or maybe setting up a database to see what genetic 'qualities' might survive a pandemic? Wouldn't it be funny if a giant CME or pole shift wiped out their database before they could manipulate the data?!

new topics

top topics

join