It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton New Secretary-General Of The UN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Bill Clinton to get Kofi Annan�s job when he resigns? If any american should get this job at all, Clinton would be the most acceptable to the rest of the world I think. And I have a feeling Clinton would like to get this job too. Bush would probably not appreciate the idea, though. What do you say? Crazy idea? Wanna bet?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There has already been a few threads on this, but what the hay
I think Clinton would be a good move for the UN. His charisma is needed to make the world like us a little more

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Many of the pundits believe that Clinton is almost a sure fire for the job. Yet, as of late there has been much chatter about barring any American from the position due to the anti-american sentiment running rampant throughout the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm sure that would cheer some of us democrats up after the re-election of Bush

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

I believe I would dance a jig

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, on second thought, with Clinton heading the UN, maybe we could get a discount of the US membership dues

Seriously, does the US really care that much about the UN?
What have they ever done for us?While it might make the world think an iota better of America, Clinton as Sec-Gen makes me feel more like NWO

Would also mean that Hilary would be less likely to consider the WH? Then, I think old Bill should give it a whirl!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
...but from the looks of him I dint think that he has that much longer unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
...but from the looks of him I dint think that he has that much longer unfortunately.

If he could keep the twinkies and whoppers out of his mouth for a few minutes he would be alright
Yes I like him, but I can make fun of him too

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I doubt it; Bill clinton broke many U.D. resolutions regarding human rights back in his days (see Noam Chomskey's "Umbrella to U.S. Power"), lied to the public and was impeached, and the only going for him was his 'savy'..

It's not "Anti-American" sentiment per sa, but more so, Anti-American "foreign policy" and it's disposition to contradict others such as the U.D. on a GREAT number of occasions. The American public is just spewed so much propaganda from the government that they hardly ever know what it's doing behind thier backs.

Deep

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think he would be a good choice, but I have to agree with whomever said he doesn't look too good these days. I saw him on TV last night and he doesn't look like he should be working very hard at all.

I've told many a joke at Clinton's expense over the years, but I would counsel him to not take the position if asked. I don't wish bad health on anyone.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I personaly think Bill Clinton would be a great sec gen of the UN. Despite my fellings about his personal moral choices, I think the man is an amazing leader and politician. He could accomplish many things with the UN, not the least of which would be to make it an active world body instead of a reactionary body. I know, I know, this smacks of the NWO and all that, but honestly I just don't belive there is such a vast conspiricy.
Aslo, I do not think that Bill as the Sec Gen would preclude Hillary from running for the White House, rather I think it would be viewed as an advantage. However, I do not think, nor would I want her to win the election or even the democratic nomination. She is a divisive figure and if the democrats hope to ever regain the White House they will need to nominate someone who can reach a large majority of the people who voted for Bush.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
LOL!

B. Clinton as Secretary-General of the UN and Hilary, President of the United States...

Can you even imagine a bigger nightmare for the right?

Just the mere thought of this brings some warmth back to my cold liberal post-election heart...

jk

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

They need all the cheering up they can get.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

LOL!

B. Clinton as Secretary-General of the UN and Hilary, President of the United States...

Can you even imagine a bigger nightmare for the right?

Just the mere thought of this brings some warmth back to my cold liberal post-election heart...

jk

LOL, that's got about as much chance of happening as aliens landing on my doorstep.
Besides there might be the slight issue of conflicts of interest.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
as of late there has been much chatter about barring any American from the position due to the anti-american sentiment running rampant throughout the world.

Actually, since the foundation of the UN there's been this unspoken rule that the secretary general should be from one of the less powerful countries (not the US, the UK, France, Germany, Russia or China). Hence the secretary generals up to now have been from Sweden, Norway, Burma, Austria, Peru, Egypt and Ghana.

My bet for the next one is either an Asian (someone from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Laos, etc.) or, if they think North America needs its turn, a Mexican. I think former Mexico City mayor Cuauhtemoc Cardenas would be an excellent choice. He's known for fighting corruption.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't think any nation that gets to sit on the security council, would have a secretary general as well. Just doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I would think that the post of Secretary-General of the United Nations shoudl go to a citizen from a nation not on the Security Council.This would act as a counter-weight although most often than not, the SC ignores the Sec-Gen's advice, which is very sad.

Bill Clinton as Secretary-General United Nations and Hillary Clinton as President Of The United States..Now that's a mouthful, not to mention the world's most powerful couple.I pity the Palestinians then.No resolution might get through..

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
An american SG!?!? No way he'll just team up with Bush and the TWO of them will make rude gestures, insult the rest of the planet and just generally pretend the UN doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
since the foundation of the UN there's been this unspoken rule that the secretary general should be from one of the less powerful countries (not the US, the UK, France, Germany, Russia or China).

I thought there was also a WRITTEN rule that said no leader
(president/prime minister/king) of any country could move on
to be head of the United Nations.

While Bill Clinton would do a much better job than Koffi Annan
(heck .... just about anyone could do a better job than Koffi),
I don't think the poor guy is up for the position. I saw him at
the opening of his library. He looked tired, old, and uninterested.

Actually, instead of Bill Clinton to head the U.N. - I'd rather just
dismantle the corrupt cesspool altogether. Save our tax money.

GET AMERICA OUT OF THE U.N. AND THE U.N. OUT OF AMERICA.

[edit on 11/22/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
No there is no rule. And Clinton would probably be a shoe in. He has been eyeballing the job for a long time and with Kofi's recent no confidence vote. It could happen soon. But do not take my word. Here is a opinion.

GROWING SUPPORT

Now, here is the truly frightening aspect �� the fix is in. There are reports that Bill Clinton already has lined up support for his candidacy from Germany, France, England, Ireland and New Zealand. A handful of African states, led by Nigeria, are rooting for Bill. And Hillary has brought in Morocco and Egypt. The Russians have let it be known that they would not object to Clinton as the next secretary-general, and the Chinese love Bill almost as much as Monica did.

In Latin America, Ecuador and Brazil's new labor-loving, rabble-rousing populist presidents are Bill's type of politician, and in Asia, many Indian leaders think warm and fuzzy thoughts about the former U.S. president.

Bill recently told the Democratic Leadership Council, "We don't have to be more liberal, but we do have to be more relevant in a progressive way." To that statement, he added his new doctrine: "When we look weak in a time where people feel insecure, we lose. When people feel uncertain, they'd rather have somebody who's strong and wrong than somebody who's weak and right."

Those little statements galvanized the Clintonistas who have embedded themselves in the National Security Council and the State Department. They now see the benefits of being wrong so often, and they are busily enlightening one another about their future prospects as tax-exempt international civil servants when Bill Clinton leads the United Nations.

www.pebblesofhope.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join