It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Family Found After Four Years. Demons Involved?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Logarock

Eryiedes
reply to post by Logarock

Then why hasn't it been substanciated, recognized and formally announced by at least ONE accredited atheist scientist?
JUST ONE...I made it SO easy for you.

It may be hard to understand, but its not to those who do, that a place like Duke isn't going to publically announce "hay demons and poltergeists are real". But to the private world that deals with such things their private opinion is not what you will get for the public consumption. Duke isn't going to subject itself to the sort of public ridicule that one finds on ATS. More specifically the PHDs that worked on cases are not going to subject themselves to ad hoc media and public opinion massacre.

Of course they would publish...that is the whole point of academic research. What did they do? What were the methods? What were the results? I'm associated with Duke Medical and have never heard of this department. Of course, that does not mean that it did not exist, but you have my curiosity up. I can't imagine a study of suspected possession without getting psychiatry and neurology involved. What discipline was this department under?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by ldyserenity

There were all sorts of recordings, audio and video. To obtain these was my original intent when I first investigated this case.

And did you? Can we view them?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

catfishjoe

m.newson6.com...

Crazy story out of my home state of Oklahoma. A family of three went missing four years ago. Their vehicle was found in a wooded area. Keys, cell phones and money were still in the truck. No clues. No evidence. Nothing.

Just a few days ago hunters find the bodies of three people. Authorities believe the bodies are those of the missing family from four years ago. They claim there was no foul play involved. So I'm thinking murder-suicide. Right?

Then it gets weird. A friend of the family states that the family reported seeing ghosts and demons. One family member even talks to a pastor about bullets and how to kill a demon. I read that they were very depressed and had stopped taking their medication. IMO the dad went nuts and killed his family then himself. But......what if? What if they really were seeing and talking to ghosts and demons? Sad story. I hope they finally have peace.
edit on 20-11-2013 by catfishjoe because: (no reason given)

I recently moved from an apartment complex. Our neighbors were a family of schizophrenics. This really reminds me of this family...and I've often found myself worrying about their safety when the "demons" were affecting the father. The father suffers from hereditary early onset paranoid schizophrenia...all three children suffer too...the mother suffers from numerous mental illnesses (schizophrenia NOT being one of them, however) The father and children have been officially diagnosed. The mother refuses to be seen.

I know that eventually...something very bad will happen to this family. I had grown frightened of the father. They don't take their medication as they should, and although Social Services is involved, this is ONE case where I don't think that they've done enough to see that these children are safe.
The father HAS flipped out on MANY occasions...most often VIOLENTLY! Convinced that his kids are trying to kill him. He has collected various weapons as he is legally not allowed to purchase a firearm...whose to say he doesn't have one anyway?

Demons? Maybe. Depends on your point of view, I guess.

I say schizophrenia.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

AFewGoodWomen

catfishjoe

m.newson6.com...

Crazy story out of my home state of Oklahoma. A family of three went missing four years ago. Their vehicle was found in a wooded area. Keys, cell phones and money were still in the truck. No clues. No evidence. Nothing.

Just a few days ago hunters find the bodies of three people. Authorities believe the bodies are those of the missing family from four years ago. They claim there was no foul play involved. So I'm thinking murder-suicide. Right?

Then it gets weird. A friend of the family states that the family reported seeing ghosts and demons. One family member even talks to a pastor about bullets and how to kill a demon. I read that they were very depressed and had stopped taking their medication. IMO the dad went nuts and killed his family then himself. But......what if? What if they really were seeing and talking to ghosts and demons? Sad story. I hope they finally have peace.

I recently moved from an apartment complex. Our neighbors were a family of schizophrenics. This really reminds me of this family...and I've often found myself worrying about their safety when the "demons" were affecting the father. The father suffers from hereditary early onset paranoid schizophrenia...all three children suffer too...the mother suffers from numerous mental illnesses (schizophrenia NOT being one of them, however) The father and children have been officially diagnosed. The mother refuses to be seen.

I know that eventually...something very bad will happen to this family. I had grown frightened of the father. They don't take their medication as they should, and although Social Services is involved, this is ONE case where I don't think that they've done enough to see that these children are safe.
The father HAS flipped out on MANY occasions...most often VIOLENTLY! Convinced that his kids are trying to kill him. He has collected various weapons as he is legally not allowed to purchase a firearm...whose to say he doesn't have one anyway?

I say schizophrenia.

Thanks for replying. At first I was into the murder suicide theory. Now? I say drug deal gone bad. There just isn't any news coming out. Oh...and by the screen name i take it you're in the military? If so, thank you for your service.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

catfishjoe

AFewGoodWomen

catfishjoe

m.newson6.com...

I say schizophrenia.

Thanks for replying. At first I was into the murder suicide theory. Now? I say drug deal gone bad. There just isn't any news coming out. Oh...and by the screen name i take it you're in the military? If so, thank you for your service.

Thankyou for your gratitude...you're one of the few that actually "gets" the reference!
. A drug deal could be the explanation, as far as Demons are concerned in this case, I tend to lean towards Occam's razor. The psyche is SO SO delicate.Either way...it's a sad story. I pray that they are at peace now.
Great thread.
S+F (...so, how do I actually star and flag a post anyway? I was absent that day)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
After reading the link to the blog about the psychics. It sounds to me it most likely did have to do with drugs. I would say the strange behaviors would probably have to do with either being on drugs, or coming off the drugs.

However, if it were drug dealers or customers that killed them, most likely they would have taken the money and the other gun.

But it still bothers me they were found less than three miles from the vehicle. Surely a search would have covered that area. If not, then the search was possibly not conducted properly.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Maybe the bodies were hid under some leaves or branches? Or dumped there at a later date once the media died down.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I had thought maybe buried and the elements eventually wore away enough, but it seems with dogs, they would have sensed something, or freshly dug up or covered up area would be noticed. But I hate to guess because I don't know what the weather or conditions were like. But odd that someone would move bodies long after the fact.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Still no updates. I check once a week and nadda. Alls quiet.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What I find annoying is that people don't know the answers to life and other worldly creatures. We were not the only beings created so stop being pathetic and saying " Yeah people who see ghosts and demons and angels are clearly insane and have mental problems " If you recall its the people in white coats that have made up that label called mental illness to get people to ignore people who have seen the unknown. And that's what it is THE UNKNOWN we don't even know much about our own planet and your saying that not such thing as spirits. Rant over

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl
What I find annoying is that people don't know the answers to life and other worldly creatures. We were not the only beings created so stop being pathetic and saying " Yeah people who see ghosts and demons and angels are clearly insane and have mental problems " If you recall its the people in white coats that have made up that label called mental illness to get people to ignore people who have seen the unknown. And that's what it is THE UNKNOWN we don't even know much about our own planet and your saying that not such thing as spirits. Rant over

Good rant. There are indeed some nasty stuff out there. Its nice to see some passion!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I seriously doubt "demons" had anything to do with this family's disappearance. And to be quite honest, the back-and-forth arguments about whether demons/God is real, is really annoying and pointless. I'd even go so far as to say it's "off-topic."

So...I watched the show from ID Investigates. Knowing that television shows often edit for their own purposes and ratings, you have to assume that some of this is skewed and incomplete data. But my thought is that this is somehow tied in to drugs. I can see a couple of reasons why the family may have turned to drugs.

#1) a form of income...especially if Bobby Jamison couldn't work due to chronic pain from the accident.

#2) Pain management. Meth amphetamine floods the brain with "pleasure" chemicals which may have provided Bobby with a form of pain management.

This might explain the trance-like behavior and the money in the truck. It could also explain their "visions" of spirits on the roof and paranoid behavior.

But it does not explain their death of apparent "natural causes." Personally, I wouldn't say any apparent cause of death is legitimate without a coroner's report. Let's say for a moment that they were high on meth amphetamine.... They would not have all "laid down together" in a hole and died....even if they were cold. It is unlikely that the weather got so cold that they froze to death. It's not like it gets that cold in OK to cause hypothermia and death so quickly. When you compare it to other tragedies where people have wandered off into the wilderness under the influence of meth, they usually die separated from one another as they search for help.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I agree 100% with you 100% on the demon talk. I stated in an earlier post about this area being known for meth. Druggies have shake and bake labs all in the woods in that area. Drug deal gone bad.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

There's a lot of evil in the world. Anything could have happened. We all die anyway, it's just a matter of when and how. But if you defeat death before it comes by getting in tune with yoru spiritual side then death has no hold over you.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Has there ever been a case like this that has had a paranormal or unexplained ending??

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I don't believe Demons exist. I really believe anybody who does is either A.) Mentally ill, or B) trying to keep followers for a useless faith religion that is otherwise so idiotic and full of hokem that they have to "Stage" demon exorcisms to frighten the congregation back into compliance.See thread that Ancient Confession Found "We Invented Jesus"

What an arrogance. I respect your belief, but not being arrogant about it. You may not believe it until it happens to you. Once it happens, you will be called mentally ill or being a liar. How will that work for you?

Let`s just add to the table what we all know. We all know that there are things that go beyond science that science will prove or disprove in the future. What will you say then if the science proves that there are entities all around us that we cannot percieve, because they operate at higher frequencies/dimensions, but they can see us and are able to interact with us?

Now I won`t say that this case is supernatural-related, because I don`t know all the facts, but there are certailny more going on in this world that we can see...

Also on a background what is a demon...demon was a word invented way back in the times of ancient Greeks, where the word was used for explaining unexplainable and not necessarily being evil or malevolent.

The Ancient Greek word δαίμων daimōn denotes a spirit or divine power.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Can one believe in demons but not god and Satan?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Sure, why not. The God of the bible is very full of himself, and all you've got to do is question whether or not he is telling the truth about being the all-powerful creator of the universe (because for an all powerful being, he sure gets into a lot of situations where he is angry and can't do anything about it except kill people in retribution). Once you've done that, you've got two camps of angels, each with a self-aggrandizing liar at its head, and nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join