It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theory Do You Prefer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If nothing else, you gotta admit that there are certainly a wide variety of conspiracy theories to choose from, and they all don't neatly mesh together. You may believe in a particular flavor of conspiracy theory, while there are others that you think are simply ridiculous.

How do you choose? It is a result of a particular book or video or interview that you've seen? You just saw that one theory, and it resonated with you in some way? What makes one better or more plausible than another one?

Or are you the kind of person who likes to try to fit in everybody from Oswald to the Cubans to the CIA to the Russians to Jackie to the limo driver to George Bush to the Babushka Lady to Walter Cronkite? Like a huge puzzle.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The one where Oswald did it.

Occam's razor and all that.

With so many theory's and such, the actual told 'truth' is now considered a conspiracy!
edit on 19-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I really don't know. I believe there was a conspiracy for sure, but I don't think one can say conclusively what actually happened and who was really behind it. Personally, I think LBJ was involved somehow, and I lean towards the idea that Oswald was a patsy. I think it might be possible that Oswald was involved to some extent, but I don't think he was the triggerman. I think he was set up to take the fall, and after the shooting he realized his plight.

I think there's enough evidence to indicate there was more than one shooter, and at least one shot (if not 2 or more) was fired from in front of the motorcade (possibly the grassy knoll). If the CIA was involved, there are certainly people who were in the CIA at the time who had no love for Kennedy that had ties to LBJ. There were also less savory types with mob connections that also had ties with LBJ.

Theories I think are nonsense:

-The driver killed JFK
-Jackie killed JFK (I've actually seen someone suggest this)
-Oswald was the lone gunman
-Castro killed JFK
-The Russians did it
-Oswald acted alone but an SS agent in the car behind Kennedy accidently fired the fatal head shot
-The mob did it single handedly

To me it seems most likely that there were probably individuals from within both the mob and the CIA that might have acted together along with LBJ and some of his cronies to carry out the assassination. I don't think it was an "official" CIA plot, but rather rogue elements within the agency acted without direct approval. Mob connections could have been sanctioned from higher up however, as the mob had no love for the kennedy's.

I also think that RFK's assassination is also incredibly suspicious, and combined with his brothers death, adds fuel to the fire of conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I believe Oswald was ATTEMPTING to kill the president but he did not actually get the job done. I strongly believe he was accidentally shot by one of his very own SS Agents in the car behind him. The damage done to JFK's head was what the bullets the SS was using would have done.

Of course though all the conspiracies that were outlined could still be at play here but as for who actually shot him that is what I believe.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The documentary Dark Legacy has a pretty interesting theory.

Basically it suggested that Oswald was a FBI undercover agent investigating CIA "anti-Castro" groups, headed by a George H.W. Bush. The documentary alleges that the hit was carried out by rogue CIA agents, and Hoover wrote a fairly damning memo referencing these ideas.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I believe Oswald was the assassin, but there was a conspiracy involving the complicity of those involved with the parade route planning and security forces to allow Oswald the opportunity; in other words, it was all orchestrated for Oswald.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I prescribe to the belief that Oswald was recruited to assassinate Kennedy. Unbeknownst to Oswald, there was another shooter which served as the "insurance" to make sure there was a kill shot. Jack Ruby was probably paid to keep Oswald from talking about those involved in the recruiting. It's just too convenient for someone to silence a person who assassinated the president of the United States.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I like the one described in the video below?

Robot!

On another note, it was the Hair Guy from Ancient Aliens bent on preventing mankind from discovering the Alien bases on the Moon since JFK was all about going to Moon.

Okay.
On more serious note, I'm in favor of Big Money Mil.Ind.Com orchestrating the hit.
JFK was more in favor for preventing war. War, however, is good for business.
How much money was made off of Vietnam anyway?

It's something to think about.

edit on 11/19/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
l b j had it done and the fatal shots were from the front. in my own opinion, the book, "best evidence" is the best on this subject.

from the dallas coroner who observed that the coffin that arrived at bethesda was not the one that he had placed kennedy'd body in. then the air force in the mid to late 90's admitting that they did in fact drop the original coffin in the middle of the atlantic.

the dr. who performed the autopsy said that there had been surgery applied to the brain when none had been done in dallas. just basic life saving procedures. the military honor guard being sent on a goose chase at bethesda on where to greet the coffin.

laws of physics, force is transferred to stationary, unattached object will make that object head in the direction the force was going. back and to the left indicates a shot high up on the right side of the forehead. small entry wound, large exit wound explains why the trunk of the car and the police motorcade behind the limo were covered in gore and brain.

and of course this photo of l.b.j. taking the oath on air force one. what the hell was this wink for?

www.google.com...://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ro4f181601.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread79355 7/pg7&h=313&w=550&sz=34&tbnid=NkSTUzapFyKFnM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=207&zoom=1&usg=__eKZ_BhT3ZM1YQMspN4_dJtElErA=&docid=ERGjiqRR0g7FxM&sa=X&ei=COiLUoC9IYeligL r1YHIAg&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAQ

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

One Main Suspect is Lyndon Johnson and Co. along with his Hit Man Malcolm Wallace . Theory goes Wallace was the Shooter in the Book Depository that day while Oswald was in the Buildings Lunch Room Drinking a Coke . Apparently What Happens in Dallas Texas Dosen't Always Stay in Dallas Texas . Not ALL the Conspirators were Killed after the Dirty Deed , some Lived Long Enough to Tell the Tale ( E. Howard Hunt among Others )..............

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's interesting to me because over the years, without much more (if any) "new" evidence being found, the biggest amount of blame has definitely shifted away from the Cubans and organized crime to become more directly associated with LBJ.

It didn't used to be that LBJ was much of a suspect, for whatever reasons. Most likely because he was the most obvious, I suppose, with theoretically the most to gain. But "obviousness" is one of the main reasons reactionary folk don't like the idea that Oswald acted alone, the same way Jack Ruby did. It's too simple and easy to be true.

I also note that there has been an increase in the amount of blame about the lack of good security everywhere, from the street to the Dallas Police Station. But I think that has a lot to do with people not realizing that in 1963, before this whole assassination thing happened, it was relatively easy for any Joe Blow to walk right up to somebody like the President and shake their hand and maybe get a photo. We've gotten used to a very high degree of security everywhere, including in our own lives. It's hard to imagine that the "authorities" used to be so casual about stuff like that.

I guess that makes me old.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Someone, like a co-worker told LHO to meet him on the 6th floor when the limo drives by, so they can heckle the Prez.

LHO arrives on cue, but nobody else shows. He narly notices the rifle and THREE casings that were pre-placed behind some boxes. Boom, you got your patsy.
edit on 20-11-2013 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I like one I read online years ago--It claimed George Bush Snr shot JFK because he was sleeping with Baraba. It even went on to claim Jr was actually the son of JFK.

I dont buy the theory, but I'm certain Snr could smell powder that day

To kill a king.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i lean towards a joint cia, mob hit. and oswald was a patsy." I'm Just a Patsy!"was one of the first things oswald said, he all but said there was a conspiracy. he admitted to being involved.

reason why, bay of pig / cuban missile crisis , and jfk rfk going after the mob.
i think that the cia, was pissed that he called off the invasion and they employed mob shooters.
the reason the mob went along, they wanted to get back into cuba. also jfk and rfk were going after the mob.
that's why both were killed,no matter what sir han says.

i think that the oswald was a patsy, that the cia set up because they had been using him and that it was known he went to russia. and everybody in the U.S. at that time hated and feared russia, who better than a former marine traitor to set up. they also used ruby who was tied to the mob.it was well known he know many mob members.

no matter what you believe, you have to be a blind fool to think that oswald did it by his self. to much is known about key players in the story to think other wise. plus if you know any thing about ballistics and shooting, and ever shot any thing. and watch the z film, well i'll just leave there.

any way we only have to wait three more years for all existing assassination-related documents to released.
they moved it back to 2017, instead of 2039. i guess they figure all the players will be dead sooner than they expected.

edit on 20-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
-Jackie killed JFK (I've actually seen someone suggest this)

This, definitely. THIS, because it is by far the silliest JFK assassination theory put forth other than that he committed suicide. Since the film clearly shows Jackie Kennedy holding no weapon (as if she would 1) kill him in the first place and 2) choose to do it in broad daylight in front of hundreds of witnesses including a state governor--just to name the two biggest arguments against--) this means she must have hired it done--then sat right next to the intended victim in a moving vehicle, smiling away in full confidence of her hitman's marksmanship abilities as he blasted away with a high-powered rifle, wounding the governor. (To give credit where credit is due, Secret Service agent Clint Hill is credited with saving Mrs. Kennedy's life.)

Sent the following message to Brad Meltzer, who did the Lost History program seeking JFK's missing brain:

Brad--

When I say, "if everyone was truthful," it seems to me the entire "it's at Arlington" theory rests with this John Metzler, the cemetery superintendent who oversaw every aspect of the 1967 reinterment.

1. Nothing can have gone in the casket or the vault because the vault was sealed in 1963 and never reopened.

2. Nothing can have been put in the new grave before it was dug. (Duh.)

3. Nothing can have been put in the new grave, or the old one either for that matter, during the ceremony, or after it while people were still around--too many witnesses.

4. The only way anything can have gone in the new grave is if it was dug well before the ceremony, Bobby Kennedy (assuming he had the brain), paid this Metzler something to keep quiet while he put something in the bottom of the grave, then covered it so no one would know anything was down there. One would have to ascertain when the new grave was dug and try to account for Bobby's whereabouts the whole time it was open, assuming he didn't assign this vital job to someone else. (Not Teddy...please!)

5. If you don't believe in conspiracy theories, Bobby Kennedy is practically the only person with any motive to take the brain. Now, you don't suppose he just told whoever was in on it (Teddy, possibly Steve Smith and a choice few others), "Let's just keep the damn thing around, wait till the next family member dies" (supposing that to be one of his parents) "and put it in with them," meaning it is at Arlington--with him!

6. If you don't believe in conspiracy theories--and I don't want to, but I'd like to see anyone explain the discrepancies just between the film and the autopsy photos, along with about a million other things--there are far too many suspects to mention and I don't want to "go there." No one can prove Bobby took it--and if anyone (surviving) knows about it (his widow Ethel, and only surviving sister Jean would be among the few if any), they don't want to besmirch his memory and will take it to their own graves.

7. It would be undesirable to see people go poking around the grave as they did with Lincoln's, to the extent that his son had to have him encased in cement, but perhaps at some future date ground-penetrating technology will be sophisticated enough to tell if anything extra is in JFK or RFK's graves.

I remember seeing the headline "President Kennedy's Brain is Missing" at least 40 years ago and finding it pretty wild. Personally, I enjoyed your presentation of the case. You showed remarkable restraint not to show (or even mention) the brain-stealing scene from Young Frankenstein.

To save message board members here the trouble of Googling the subject, earlier I posted the following regarding photographic evidence, which I also mentioned to Meltzer.

Regarding the assassination of John F. Kennedy, I go back and forth on that. Yes, there is ample evidence that plenty of individuals and groups with massive motives wanted Kennedy dead, and some interesting coincidences beginning with how many of these people were in Dallas that day. For those who believe in a government conspiracy regarding UFOs (and for those who don't, Lord help your poor innocent souls
), it's interesting that Kennedy is the only president since the coverups began to demand full disclosure. Ten days after doing so, he was dead. If that had anything to do with it, he wouldn't be the first or the last, which is one of many reasons the government cannot make full disclosure.

There are also indications that shots were fired from behind a fence which would have been in front of Kennedy at the time (gunshots heard from there, suspicious activity seen, etc.) Now, there is no indication (proven) that any shots fired from the front actually hit him--but isn't it interesting that if Oswald would have missed, someone else was perhaps ready to do the job? Not to mention the autopsy was botched in the first place, a lot of materials are missing from it and JFK's brain hasn't been accounted for since 1965.

That being said, there is a lot of evidence for Oswald acting alone, a few examples of which are:

1. If the C. I. A. and whoever else wanted JFK dead, why would they recruit a nutjob like Oswald?

2. How would they even get in touch with Oswald to let him know where and when to carry out the hit? He was there because he already worked in the building! (Granted, he knew enough in advance to pick up the rifle from its hiding place--it's not as if he kept a rifle at work all the time.)

3. Any advanced organization planning the crime of the century wouldn't supply their hitman with the crappiest gun available--one with which an expert marksman can barely fire that number of shots in that amount of time, (which has been tried numerous times and shown to be possible, but with great skill required), let alone with that degree of deadly accuracy (two hits out of three shots--the third not only fatal but quite devastating in terms of damage).

So, okay, you've almost got me convinced of Oswald acting alone, with maybe someone else lying in wait working separately from Oswald, and maybe even attempting to shoot Kennedy at the same time, but not hitting him.

BUT--AND I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW COMPLETELY I DIDN'T SEE THIS UNTIL THE OTHER DAY--

AFTER SEEING THE ZAPRUDER FILM COUNTLESS TIMES (and I need hardly say Warning: Graphic, right? I remember the newscaster the first time it was on TV, "For God's sake, get Granny and the kids out of the room!"--) I guess I just spent my time trying to see which way he was falling, to tell where the shot may have come from, instead of looking closely at its effect.

I SIMPLY MUST ASK:

How is the film showing a COMPLETELY different wound than the autopsy photos?

assassinationscience.com...

Film shows him getting blasted in the side of the head in front of the right ear, with almost certainly some damage to the face and NONE to the back of the head! Autopsy photos show undamaged face and extensive damage on top of and back of the head, behind the ear!

www.jfkmurdersolved.com...
edit on 19-11-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: To add information regarding photographic evidence so people can see for themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Right leaning presidential administrations leading up to JFK's administration often used assassination across central and South America eliminating left leaning duly elected governments, it was only a matter of time till they used this tactic right here at home.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
The one where Oswald did it.

Occam's razor and all that.

With so many theory's and such, the actual told 'truth' is now considered a conspiracy!

which Oswald? there were two of them

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In all seriousness, I would think the Kennedy family would WANT. THIS. SOLVED! Not only to know the answers for themselves, but if you had every crackpot on the street approaching you claiming to have "figured out the solution," wouldn't you want to be able to say, "It's been solved; case closed." It just adds to the conspiracy theories that they did not launch their own investigations into the deaths of JFK and RFK--makes it look as if "they didn't want to be next."

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There is enough info to refute the single gunman idea to surmise that there was a larger conspiracy. And enough info to point to the larger conspiracy otherwise to just know there was a conspiracy. Finding out just who is like second level stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Blue Shift

Finding out just who is like second level stuff.

Um, finding out who is responsible is kinda the main thing here! I never forget when the "Lee Harvey Oswald" episode of Quantum Leap aired and creator Donald P. Bellisario appeared on TV talking about it. His whole point was, he knew Oswald in the Marines and Oswald was crazy then. Oswald did the prior shooting, at the general, alone. (Obviously he had the gun before--since it was mail order and there just wasn't time to obtain it to have especially for Kennedy's visit to Dallas.) Therefore, there was no conspiracy in JFK's murder. He backed this up by saying that, "In all these years no one has come forward saying this is what happened, here's what I did." I was watching with my mom and uncle. One of them cracked, "Yeah, someone's supposed to tell 'How I Shot the President'!" We all hit the floor at that one!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join