It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milky Way Galaxy is a Live and Make Evolution! (Very Powerfull Image)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Astronomers have pieced together a detailed picture of how our Milky Way galaxy came together, using Hubble Space Telescope photos of 400 similar galaxies at various stages of evolution.

"For the first time we have direct images of what the Milky Way looked like in the past," study co-leader Pieter van Dokkum, of Yale University in New Haven, Conn., said in a statement.

"Of course, we can't see the Milky Way itself in the past. We selected galaxies billions of light-years away that will evolve into galaxies like the Milky Way," van Dokkum added. "By tracing the Milky Way's siblings, we find that our galaxy built up 90 percent of its stars between 11 billion and 7 billion years ago, which is something that has not been measured directly before."

Hubble's images suggest that the Milky Way started out as a faint blue object with lots of gas, clouds of which eventually collapsed to form stars. At the time of peak star formation throughout the universe — about 4 billion years after the Big Bang— galaxies like the Milky Way were pumping out about 15 new stars per year, researchers said. (For comparison, the Milky Way produces just one star a year these days.)

what a wonderfull universe we live in! make my heartbeat do faster..

Read more here Friend: www.livescience.com...
edit on 18-11-2013 by cheesy because: add link

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of the star cluster views in Eve online

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Tellin' you how nice those collection of pictures are, thank you! Literally billions of people now live and die without ever going into an area of the planet dark enough to see it like this. Thomas Edison sure shut the lights off for a lot of people.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Those pictures are amazing. I always love pictures like that. Thanks for those!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Reminds me of the star cluster views in Eve online

so your a gamer Mr.Athlon..how about Halo i like it very much..

i wonder what living form on the planet deep in milky way galaxy..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Yes, when I see this or even think i feel in love ))

Oh I wish in "our" universe Earth or reality here everything is so beautiful like there but it is not ..

But humans in a great misfortune going backwards ((

edit on 18-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by cheesy

Tellin' you how nice those collection of pictures are, thank you! Literally billions of people now live and die without ever going into an area of the planet dark enough to see it like this. Thomas Edison sure shut the lights off for a lot of people.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Thats so right! in my mind now when see this image, i really like to sit and see this amazing sight, but i cant, from this tropical country its impossible see such that sight

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

seriously going to have to get off my arse and travel a few miles to where i could see pics like this for myself with the naked eye,just my luck i stay in the most populated part in scotland
beautiful pics.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

MariaLida
reply to post by cheesy

"what a wonderfull universe we live in! make my heartbeat do faster"

Yes, when I see this or even think i feel in love ))

Oh I wish in "our" universe Earth or reality everything is so beautiful like there but it is not ..

Humans in a great misfortune going backwards ((

hi Ms.Marialida..dont be like that, human is very young species "from optimus speech"..
i agree with optimus, we are maybe not, but our child maybe..human can only see from huge telescope,but cant even tuch the outer milkyway,were there is Billion or trillion of same galaxy as milkyway..thats why,make my heartbeat do faster..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I Love Where we are, The Milky Way, Sure feels like home to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Every so often (like tonight) we go through way out of the way places in Arizona, or New Mexico and the light show is incredible.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

C1assified
reply to post by cheesy

I Love Where we are, The Milky Way, Sure feels like home to me.

i like when you say feel like home! 100% agree!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Every so often (like tonight) we go through way out of the way places in Arizona, or New Mexico and the light show is incredible.
i should really do the same,got a dark sky area in driving distance and a telescope that doesn,t get much use cause i don,t have my own private garden
maybe have to get gf to drive there and get it focused on comet ison,shes desperate to see this comet so maybe that should be our next date lol

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
actually when you look at them pics doesn,t it just look like the whole milky way is alive?just gives you that sense its bursting with life.maybe thats just me.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Zaphod58

really sir? wow..i wish i can see such thing..and buy some Big telescope

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures cheesy, thank you! I'm curious, are those galaxy's that you can see in the pics? The clearest skies I have ever seen was in Sedona Arizona, and even then the most I could see was the faint ribbon of the milky way. I wonder if those pics were enhanced?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You always deliver Cheesy.
Thank you for such breathtaking photos.

You look at that and immediately realize how very small you are in this huge place. We forget that. A lot. We need to be "put back in our places" every so often so we can realize we are all a part of this bigger, amazing picture.

S&F
edit on 11/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

jaws1975
Beautiful pictures cheesy, thank you! I'm curious, are those galaxy's that you can see in the pics? The clearest skies I have ever seen was in Sedona Arizona, and even then the most I could see was the faint ribbon of the milky way. I wonder if those pics were enhanced?

Tq sir, I cant see here from indonesia its to faint, if you want go so high and dark place..maybe you can see it..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

jaws1975

Those pictures were slightly timed exposures with telescopes more able to gather light than the human eye can but generally speaking, the bright pinpoints of light are stars and the smudges are galaxies. The 'dusty' part of course is our own Milky Way galaxy seen edge-on.

Either way, there's billions of each.

What I find almost more awe-inspiring than anything is the realization that every photon I see in the night sky aside from the local moon and planets has traveled millions or billions of miles just to hit my retina and...? what?
edit on 2902911pmMondayf02Mon, 18 Nov 2013 21:02:29 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Even the ones with trees, cacti, and observatories in them are from a telescope?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join