It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunt for Genghis Khans Long Lost Tomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Alan Nichols is a man who describes himself as 'obsessed over Genghis Khans tomb'. He has been studying the life of Genghis Khan and has been searching for the tomb. He now feels that the search could be closing in. If the tomb is found, it could easily unearth a treasure trove of artifacts ... and of course Khans DNA. THAT is probably the real 'treasure' of this dig.

Khan is said to have left behind hundreds and hundreds of illegitimate children through the region. When the Khan DNA is found, those alive today will be able to trace their lineage back to Khan. Also ...on a conspiracy note ... the genetics engineers who have nefarious plans for the human race could get their hands on the DNA and goodness only knows who (or what) they could create in their Frankenstein labs. Are you ready for a Khan clone? You never know ...

Here's the story -

Genghis Khans Long Lost Tomb

Last fall Alan Nichols, the president of the Explorers Club, mapped out possible locations for the tomb of Khan (also known as Chinnggis Qa'an). His hypothesis: Khan’s tomb is located in the Liupan Mountains in Northern China, where the emperor who was born in 1162 is said to have perished from an arrow wound in August 1227.

Next fall, Nichols plans the next phase of his research: pinpointing Khan’s exact resting place.

“Ghengis Khan’s tomb is my obsession,” Nichols, a noted authority on the emperor, exclusively told FoxNews.com. “I couldn’t stop thinking about it. But I’m not happy just reading about it, or knowing about it. I need to have my feet on it.”

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Are you ready for a Khan clone?

Sure. We can always use another Chinese guy.

Our "greatest" leaders generally seem to be a product of their lineage and the circumstances at the time they lived. I think it was a lot easier to be a great individual at a time when there weren't 7 billion people on the planet. The more people there are, the more average people there are. And the fewer driven to greatness out of obsession or necessity.

P.S. -- As far as tombs go, I'd be more interested in somebody finding Moses's tomb.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
From what I heard and understand, if you have hairs on your back, it is very likely that you are carrying Mongolian genes.

I'm not sure if this is only an urban legend or something but I have heard about that before?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I loved the stories about his burial and everyone being killed after so his tomb would remain hidden. Makes you wonder if the last man standing really thought his life was worth keeping a secret :-) On anthor point I would prefer to see the Chinese emporers tomb opened thats rumored to have rivers of mercury. Bet it's like something from Indiana Jones

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

I heard the same thing but if you had hairy palms 😜
Yep that was funny

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

truthseeker84
From what I heard and understand, if you have hairs on your back, it is very likely that you are carrying Mongolian genes.

I'm not sure if this is only an urban legend or something but I have heard about that before?

Among the male descendants of true mongol warriers they have a red birth mark or patch at the base of the spine, Ghengis was not the first khan to head west and conquer but was predated by the great warrior chief Atilla whom was of mongolian descent (they are believed to have originated on the western borders of china and were nomads so mongolia may not be accurate but shared tribal ancestry certainly), The mongols themselves were originally probably a eurasian step tribe whom raided china and other asien countrys to capture woman as wives so over time they became more chinese but a image of Atilla shows a man with a large hooked nose.
There is an isolated valley in the alps or the were the population was more or less isolated since there ancestors whom were Hun tribesmen (but probably married Germanic wives as did Atilla himself) settled there and all the males whom can trace there ancestry back several generations have a red birth mark on the base of there spine just as is common among the mongols today.
The stirrup (possible a chinese invention) was not known in europe and the romans used to ride without stirrups but when they met the tough huns on there small hardy ponys though the roman horse may have been faster it did not have the stamina and the romans were outmatched by men whom had grown up in the saddle and learned as mongols do today to fire from the saddle.

Here is a little trivia you may or may not know, An arrow is not a streight cylinder, it is a barrel shape thicker in the middle so that it does not flex when under tension and flies true, I am not certain how old this development of the arrow is but it predates the gun and maybe goes even further back as the only viable (if you discount peltasts - greek sling shot soldiers and were we get the term pelting down) long range weapon for thousands of years were a spear is only a short range projectile.

Most people assume The khans tome will be filled with treasure but he was mongolian and the most precious thing to them was sable fur, He was actually a great leader whom tried to tie his new empire together and had a capital city built with representatives of all the faiths and temples of all the faiths from christian cathedral to mosque to buddhist stupa buil inside it's walls but after his death Xanadu ( you know the abba song ) was lost and the sands of time covered it, it as rediscovered in the 20th century but they never found any sign of his tomb there.

The liklihood of fabulous treasure though is low, a lot of young virgins would have been buried alive or had there necks broke to accompany him though and he would have been buried with his horse and weapons.

edit on 18-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If their is a SWORD OF DESTINY,,found,,,, i get first dibs,, at Auction.

mmmm sword,,

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

" true mongol warriers they have a red birth mark",,ahhh yes the Mark of God.

or Cain,,

question: what was that Kung-Fun guy on t.v,, way back when,, Carradine??

side topic drift,, ahead,,

Carradine,,thumbs down,,,now, Bruce Lee,,
)
edit on 11/18/2013 by BobAthome because: because only a Servent,of God, should be allowed too shed so much blood.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
National Geographic - Genghis Khan a Prolific Lover

An international group of geneticists studying Y-chromosome data have found that nearly 8 percent of the men living in the region of the former Mongol empire carry y-chromosomes that are nearly identical. That translates to 0.5 percent of the male population in the world, or roughly 16 million descendants living today.

The spread of the chromosome could be the result of natural selection, in which an extremely fit individual manages to pass on some sort of biological advantage. The authors think this scenario is unlikely. They suggest that the unique set of circumstances surrounding the establishment of the Mongol empire led to the spread.

"This is a clear example that culture plays a very big role in patterns of genetic variation and diversity in human populations," said geneticist Spencer Wells, one of the 23 co-authors of the paper. "It's the first documented case when human culture has caused a single genetic lineage to increase to such an enormous extent in just a few hundred years."

edit on 11/19/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Dont forget scholars estimate Khan slaughtered forty million people during his westward advance, puts Stalin, Hitler, and pol pot to shame.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

KHAN!!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i swear my wife is a descendant, of his.

she is really mean.

naw, just kidding.

it's wild that he has that much dna out there.

makes ya wonder what he was doing. ya, i get it. bunga bunga stuff.
he was supposed to be slaughtering millions of peoples.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Blue Shift

FlyersFan
Are you ready for a Khan clone?

Sure. We can always use another Chinese guy.

Our "greatest" leaders generally seem to be a product of their lineage and the circumstances at the time they lived. I think it was a lot easier to be a great individual at a time when there weren't 7 billion people on the planet. The more people there are, the more average people there are. And the fewer driven to greatness out of obsession or necessity.

P.S. -- As far as tombs go, I'd be more interested in somebody finding Moses's tomb.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Post's like yours really annoy me! Ghenghis Khan was NOT Chinese. Mongolian's are a different race far larger and stronger than Chinese! They border Russia and China and any visit to Mongolia would show you that apart from having Asian facial features, they are vastly different from Chinese in so many ways including, language, culture, cuisine, belief systems, living style etc. Basically there is really nothing Chinese about Mongolia or its people! Ghenghis (pronounced Chenghis) ruled Peking but he was never Chinese! It's like saying that Geronimo and general Custard were the same race!

top topics

join