It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding 'Souls'; "parasites" and Spirits

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Is that really his quote?

Its close to identical to aleister crowleys quote and people think he wordhipped "the devil"!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Is that really his quote?

I believe so.

In epistulam Ioannis ad Parthos

Once for all, then, a short precept is given thee: Love, and do what thou wilt: whether thou hold thy peace, through love hold thy peace; whether thou cry out, through love cry out; whether thou correct, through love correct; whether thou spare, through love do thou spare: let the root of love be within, of this root can nothing spring but what is good. Tractatus VII, 8

Latin: "dilige et quod vis fac."; falsely often: "ama et fac quod vis."

Translation by Professor Joseph Fletcher: "Love and then what you will, do."

www.billionquotes.com...

Its close to identical to aleister crowleys quote and people think he wordhipped "the devil"!

Indeed it is.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Augustine was one of the principal supporters of the concept of original sin - the worst and most damaging lie ever devised by humans. This one lie caused over 1000 years of utmost spiritual darkness.

Im not surprised aleister crowley and he are soul mates.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Augustine was one of the principal supporters of the concept of original sin - the worst and most damaging lie ever devised by humans. This one lie caused over 1000 years of utmost spiritual darkness.

Original Sin is a difficult concept to translate from exoteric to esoteric but it can be done.

Im not surprised aleister crowley and he are soul mates.

There is a hidden alliance between good and evil, truth and lie, sinner and saint, dark and light. Go past pairs of opposites to enter the cloud of unknowing.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I thought you had observed that I live fulltime past the pairs of opposites. Ive written extensively on ATS about the unity of 'good' and 'evil'.

Yet still we all play the roles that bring the most benefits whether we are conscious of our roles or not.

But that won't excuse Augustine. He has a 1000 year spanking coming.

KPB has had those coming and delivered too. So I do have compassion for that old taffy eater.

Yes I referred to myself in the third person.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

I thought you had observed that I live fulltime past the pairs of opposites. Ive written extensively on ATS about the unity of 'good' and 'evil'.

Yet still we all play the roles that bring the most benefits whether we are conscious of our roles or not.

If you side with yin against yang, for example, it can be hard to tell if it's your role doing the judging or not. Sometimes people slip back into pairs of opposites.

Eventually yin becomes so yin that it changes to yang... it reverses... like a pole shift... enantiodromia... eventually everything becomes its opposite. Even religion. There is always a bit of yin hidden in yang, and a bit of yang in yin. If one's role is to support yin and oppose yang absolutely, then the yin supporter must oppose that bit of yin inside the yang. Then what does he support?

KPB has had those coming and delivered too. So I do have compassion for that old taffy eater.

Well... you talk as if you believe that identity is firm and not malleable, that consciousness is many and not One, that time is an arrow.

edit on 25-11-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sure.

I personally don't like butt munches;
I don't care if they are called good or evil.

There is some case for 'evil' in moderation. .but I don't prefer to let 'one side' get a complete fish in a fish pond experience without at least clearing my throat.

Also what humans call 'good or evil' is often actually neither.

It's often best to avoid local politics but sometimes its fun or necessary to put a horse in a race.

Humans are so bamboozled sometimes; it would be too much to just sit on a private mountain.

Anyone can be a purist enlightenment snob. I'd rather get dirty; I'd rather try and fail and look foolish and be wrong and be heckled.

Personal preference there.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

It's often best to avoid local politics but sometimes its fun or necessary to put a horse in a race.

Maybe parasites are the price that contemplatives must pay if they want to play horsey race. Maybe contemplatives should leave the politics and races to actives, and stick to the monasteries and hermitages. It can be hard enough navigating the psychic waters of the collective unconscious without being immersed in the races, political and otherwise.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Gosh. That was an esoteric scream!

Btw did you know that its possible to load up the entire human group soul as an individual soul?

So what is your advice for "contemplatives" as you call them? Should they commit suicide or something? There's a lot of people who think that they want to meet one... that is until the hard work begins... then not so much.

Do you think that everyone should just swallow the blue pill and repeat history forever?

I'm fascinated by your response.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Gosh. That was an esoteric scream!

Btw did you know that its possible to load up the entire human group soul as an individual soul?

I read it on a sugar packet.

So what is your advice for "contemplatives" as you call them? Should they commit suicide or something? There's a lot of people who think that they want to meet one... that is until the hard work begins... then not so much.

Do you think that everyone should just swallow the blue pill and repeat history forever?

I'm fascinated by your response.

No they should follow Neo down the rabbit hole via the red pill, where they eventually transcend both the Matrix and the real world, for the sake of both. The end of the movie series didn't find Neo at the race track.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There is this thing called a 'metaphor'.

So how would you suggest Neo lead everyone to freedom? In the movie basically nobody unferstood how he did what he did, and the two sides in the war basically colluded to get him killed. Neo accomplished close to nothing. The war may have recommenced while the credits were rolling.

KPB

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

There is this thing called a 'metaphor'.

So how would you suggest Neo lead everyone to freedom? In the movie basically nobody unferstood how he did what he did, and the two sides in the war basically colluded to get him killed. Neo accomplished close to nothing. The war may have recommenced while the credits were rolling.

KPB

Indeed I was reading The Matrix as a mystical metaphor. When Hollywood uses the monomyth pattern to make a movie its very easy to read the movie as an iteration of the monomyth. It's like a hidden grammar.

Neo led everyone to freedom by becoming free, and then he loaded up the entire human group soul as his individual soul - spreading freedom to the human race and its creations. He read how to do it on a sugar packet. :p

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wouldn't loading up the human group soul as an individual soul and doing much of anything be no different than what agent smith did? If everyone had a bit of Neo in them, then treating them like a rape victim or a child would be inappropriate!

But respecting them too much would be assholish as well. No matter how wise Neo thought he was it would be a real pickle.

All potential Neos usually get martyred and don't have to do the real hard work of sticking around and grinding out the solution.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Wouldn't loading up the human group soul as an individual soul and doing much of anything be no different than what agent smith did? If everyone had a bit of Neo in them, then treating them like a rape victim or a child would be inappropriate!

Very similar, like a mirror-image. Like Neo's shadow-self. The anti-Neo. That makes Neo a kind of 'Hero Twin' iteration, as Jesus was.

What Agent Smith did was more like loading up the human group ego-self. The "Clark Kent" aspect of ourselves vs the "Superman" aspect of ourselves that Neo represents. The Agent Smiths had a single perspective, a single ego-point. They were one yet many. A free humanity has as many perspectives as there are people. They are many yet one.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Neo doesn't want to treat people like children or rape victims so most of them stay in the matrix (presumably) just like in the movie.

Any movie where one guy is supposed to rescue everybody is a hack job of writing.

Maybe Neo posts some fecal material on ATS then goes home and makes love to his wife trinity.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

you know
that makes me wonder
whether the evil on this planet are necessary lessons for everyone so they will be able to wake up asap.
maybe some of the 'world leaders' are assigned to play evil role.
it's just that 'something' (what kpb terms as parasites) is in the way to prevent humans from advancing further.
another example we can see is that science is taking over the power from religion.

consider this example:
the good finally wins, humans solve all the bad issues on this planet, everyone lives happily ever after.
wont this become bad too?

everybody could easily forget their purpose and start living in ignorance, in different type of appearance (probably worst): peaceful times.

peace.
edit on 25-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Now you see perfectly how foolish it is to be so very certain what is good and what is evil. I have to stay centered when it comes to this too.

I read a scifi story once where 1% of the population could teleport but could only gain this ability if they were about to die and "jaunting" would save them.

So the government kept abducting people and drowning them in a clear plexy tank with no hope of rescue. (They welded the drain plug shut and the water intake open while the victim watched).

99 people died and 1 survived and the government was elated and kept abducting nonstop.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Yeah the book is The Stars, My Destination. A sci-fi classic.

Blue Mule is my name,
Terra is my nation.
Inner Space is my dwelling place,
The Stars My Destination.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

BlueMule

Blue Mule is my name,
Terra is my nation.

It's pretty cool that in some way you were psy-opping me. I noticed
it a number of replies back; but I was enjoying it, so I let it keep
on truckin'. I've let various people psyop me of course.. as I tend
to be overly conservative.

The truth is, that I'm shying away from this 'barrier'. I normally
don't do that. But this 'barrier' is something else. If I break through
it, I'll either discover something wonderful, or I'll discover that
I've been 'had'. How petty and small of me to shy away from that.
Or maybe it won't be so melodramatic.. then I'll be a bit taken
aback. ;-)

I'd almost be surprised if you didn't know.. that the biggest event
of my past 5 years, was due to a 'jaunt-like effort' that I made
just a week before I first came to ATS, and which led me here.

Anyway.. it's all good. Life is a group effort.

KPB

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

BlueMule

Blue Mule is my name,
Terra is my nation.

It's pretty cool that in some way you were psy-opping me. I noticed
it a number of replies back; but I was enjoying it, so I let it keep
on truckin'. I've let various people psyop me of course.. as I tend
to be overly conservative.

Psy-opping? That's a new one! I thought a psy-op was something only the government did, not disabled crazy cat guy Gen-X couch potatoes like me.

The truth is, that I'm shying away from this 'barrier'. I normally
don't do that. But this 'barrier' is something else. If I break through
it, I'll either discover something wonderful, or I'll discover that
I've been 'had'. How petty and small of me to shy away from that.
Or maybe it won't be so melodramatic.. then I'll be a bit taken
aback. ;-)

Hmm well my policy is always answer the call to adventure.

I'd almost be surprised if you didn't know.. that the biggest event
of my past 5 years, was due to a 'jaunt-like effort' that I made
just a week before I first came to ATS, and which led me here.

Anyway.. it's all good. Life is a group effort.

KPB

I don't have a bio on you but it's obvious you've made mystical efforts as have I.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join