It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT - Tornado Outbreak Possible in Midwest U.S

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm not an old person, only 28, I know I haven't lived much, but can anyone explain this crazy weather for mid November??? In all my years I've never seen anything like this before. It was in the 70's for a portion of yesterday after being in the low 20's just a week earlier. Then we are dealing with violent storms, storms so strong that we didn't even have many similar over the spring/summer months (when you would expect it). Should we just chalk this up as a random storm that we will likely never see again in our life time or is there something else going on? It's apparent that severe weather is hitting all corners of the Earth right now, from the Typhoon off the coast of Japan to the Category 5 storm that just hit the Philippines, and now we are seeing a F4 Tornado strike Illinois in Mid November?? I'm sure all these strange storms could have its own thread, but man something strange is going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It happens, Illinois is a place where you have the air on in the morning and by the afternoon you need the heat on.

A few years back we had a tornado touch down in the middle of winter, it is unusual. but not unheard of

www.sj-r.com...

www.examiner.com...

My husband helped rebuild this area, worked in the freezing cold all winter.
edit on 113030p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yea, I've lived in cities like Naperville, Tinley Park, Chicago, etc... Been in this area my whole life and what happened yesterday felt like something I've never seen before. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed a little more extreme from anything we've seen in past years...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Scientists are blaming it on the solar maximum, with the coronal mass ejections, plus entering the Milky Way galaxy, among other things.
There are lots of threads on ATS about our weather anomalies- just enter it in the 'search' bar and you'll find tons of factual information, along with individual theories.
Hope that helps....
Nugget

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

jhn7537

Yea, I've lived in cities like Naperville, Tinley Park, Chicago, etc... Been in this area my whole life and what happened yesterday felt like something I've never seen before. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed a little more extreme from anything we've seen in past years...

I agree with you yesterday was odd, and I can't help but think of the bishop who is doing an exorcism of Illinois Wednesday.
I didn't want to go there but I just did.
Lol

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to all that was affected by this tornado outbreak.

The severe low, the warm air ahead of it, and the frigid air behind it, already makes for a turbulent atmosphere; then throw the jet stream in the mix to get the storms rotating then you have what we had here.

It sucks that it happened at all, but especially during a time of year where people have let their guard down with tornadoes.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
An update from the southside of Chicago... THAT SUCKED!!! Surf's up Brah~!!! Many people I knew, lost power. I think the official # is 6 dead and 67 injured (unconfirmed except over the radio this morning) fences down, trees down.... It was a land hurricane that's for sure!!!

Anyways, I hope my other brothers and sisters in Illinois (ATS members and civillians a like) are fairing well.

Best regards,

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yeah, I was heading from Louisville area when it was first going on. I was in Marysville on the road right when the hail came down, before the tornado came. It was terrifying. We sped down the road, freaking out.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What about the Bishop? I did not know that, do you mean this Wednesday or last? where was/is he located for the exorcism? The winds that blew in were odd feeling for sure, here and then just calm, gone.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A bit off topic, not sure if anyone has come across this... I ask, was this in bad taste? I couldn't help but laugh

CBS Chicago’s Storm Coverage Featured A Sign Depicting A Man Having Sex With A Sheep

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Glad ya made it through that yesterday. We are about 7 miles east from Monee, and I heard a Tornado went past there someplace? Had the High Winds/Rain here. No confirmations yet though, for me anyways. Too lazy to look....
When I was much younger, we had one go past about 1 mile and a Quarter from our house, in the outlying regions of Milan Il. It took corrigated steel roofing and wove it through a wire fence like the steel was a paper ribbon. Blew apart a Barn, but left a HayStack still standing there! Awesome Power in those Storms. Later, Syx.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

What scares me about where i live is that there is a gardening company less then a mile from my house that has LOADS of chopped wood and bricks sitting outside all year long. So when a bad tornado comes through you can't help but think of all those projectiles that could be listed up if the storm decided to go down that path... Thank god this time it didn't...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Thank God is Right! All that Tornado BuckShot would have me on edge too! My Wife is a VERY OutSpoken Person, and I know she would have had a Chat with that Business about their possible liability with all that loose material. However, in a Tornado situation, even if She had insisted they enclose that stuff, it wouldn't matter. Trying to convince her of that, would be a waste of time! LOL! Later, Syx.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

your link now leads to a katy perry gifs page...no comment.

What's in bad taste is promoting some religion or conspiracy theory in the midst of natural calamities.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about the devastated Il town turning FEMA away with guns (in a respectful way) and telling them to take their Gov. charity back to Washington where it's most needed, and that they will take care of their own!

Furthermore at the local church charity site a large sign states No More Donations Please!

Does this mean Americans can take care of each other without Gov handouts and intervention?

An important message to be certain, powerful.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

antar
Has anyone heard about the devastated Il town turning FEMA away with guns (in a respectful way) and telling them to take their Gov. charity back to Washington where it's most needed, and that they will take care of their own!

Furthermore at the local church charity site a large sign states No More Donations Please!

Does this mean Americans can take care of each other without Gov handouts and intervention?

An important message to be certain, powerful.

abclocal.go.com.../local/illinois&id=9334410

Nothing about FEMA being turned away.
But as far as donations being turned down, that could be because people donate junk. Not what the really need, just stuff they want to get rid of and write it off on they're taxes.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Went over to Diamond, IL to look at the path of the tornado today.

The tornado completely jumped over Wilmington, IL, northeast of Diamond, and was spotted by Wilmington PD at the northeast edge of Wilmington, pretty much just at the edge of town. The broken trees stop right at the east edge of I-55, just across the highway from Diamond. There are no broken trees on the other side of those woods along rt. 129 - about a half mile away. There's a strip mine lake right by I-55, at the edge of the highway along the frontage road, with broken trees on either side of it - the middle of the tornado would have gone right over the lake. I'm really wondering if the surface of that small lake (and even the highway next to it) had enough heat coming off of it to make the tornado jump. It was about 70 degrees outside before the storm hit. The sun would have been hitting the lake for 2 or 3 hours before the storm hit.

Anyone think this is plausible?
edit on 23-11-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join