It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chips are for Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A precursor of what will soon be mandated nationwide is this program in a Texas School District

www.nytimes.com...

Note that proponents of the technology are advocating the "chipping" of our children for "safety" purposes as an extension of the current technology.

W/ the recent FDA approval of the implantable chips, can the entire US Population be far behind?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How does putting a chip in someone make them safer?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The sales pitch will be the ability for law enforcement to track kids should they be kidnapped, or lost.

Big Brother is descending rapidly, and it is not because of Bush.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I live very close to Spring and was unaware of this. I watch for such things too. Implant are logical as soon as someone kidnaps a child and tosses the bage or puts it on a dog. Implant will be bio-mechanical in that if removed will fail to function. This will "prevent" cutting off hands, maybe. Then as that happens they will place implants in the sinus area or "forehead".

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Note that proponents of the technology are advocating the "chipping" of our children for "safety" purposes as an extension of the current technology.

Yes but a child is no longer safe once he is kidnapped. So if the chip is to keep a child safe how does it prevent a child from being kidnapped?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One of the worst outcomes of Microchipping will be the ability of the government to claim it has "incontrivertial proof" of someones movements based on a log from their microchip.

What if someone lies? we all have bundles of proof that politicians, police, CIA, FBI and government agencies lie like there's no tommorrow...

And now with microchips they can claim what ever they like about where your've been based on presumption of integrity of this technology, and it will be up to you to prove them wrong.

With the government running the system, it will be impossible to suggest that systems longs can be tampered with, but of course like with any digital media it will be a peice of cake with the right software...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Would you kidnap a child knowing that it was "chipped" and that the police could immediately upon notification id his/her location?

Believe me, this is coming down the pipe faster than you think.

just look at the stock chart of ADSX

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Would you kidnap a child knowing that it was "chipped" and that the police could immediately upon notification id his/her location?

No but the argument I'm trying to make is is the chip implanted to prevent a child from being kidnapped or rescue that child after the kidnapping occured? I can't answer for the criminals "if they would still kidnap a child knowing they are chipped."

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
One of the worst outcomes of Microchipping will be the ability of the government to claim it has "incontrivertial proof" of someones movements based on a log from their microchip.

I agree. I don't trust the government with technology these days. I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was talking to Moxy about how people could make money in investing in these chip companies since you know its not going to stop. Its a government backed plan for your own good and safety (ahem).

I posted about a month ago saying that this was going to happen and some didn't believe me. I will post my thread below as well as some general info and links. Be aware that the Mu chip is an even more advanced RFID chip that is going to be among us soon too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
------------------------------------------------
Mu Chip and now FDA approves Human Verichip

Hitachi is near the release of the Mu Chip which is smaller and more powerful than the RFID Chip. At 0.4mm by 0.4mm, it can be hidden anywhere, including in paper. It has the ability to store a unique ID so large that it can acount for trillions of distinct people, places, and things. It also tramsmits this information at 2.45 GHz.

Its amazing how advanced these chips are becoming. It will seem even more amazing to see how peoples privacy will be abused without them even knowing. Modifications of such chips will surely be made for alterior motives that most people will never be aware of.

www.hitachi.co.jp...

The Update to this post comes with today's 10/13/04 FDA approval of the Human Verichip.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
---------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I thought there was already something like this being used in Great Britain, for early release prisoners.

I always thought that it would be an excellent tool for anyone traveling/working in high posibility kidnap zones, like Iraq. It wouldn't keep people from being kidnaped, but they could be instantly tracked and the culprits neutralized.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is just what Tim Lehey and Jerry Jenkins have been warning the Christian group about. A universal encoding used on the population by force or deception. Irony of it all is that it is happening in Texas.

Line up for your loyalty marking and chip implant. You have a choice of a picture of your beloved president, the Cheney or Condi tattooed over your implant. Once you have your loyalty mark and chip, you will be able to shop, eat and visit any where you want, if you dont have the loyalty mark and chip... Oh well.

Line missing on e-voting machines."Are you sure you want to elect this candidate?"

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I would support it whole heartedly if it were only parents pushing it. However, there is the whole big brother aspect of it all, moving in and having a database of all of the "chipped". If we could keep all of the spooks off of all of this, I would have no problem...

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I love the analogy given: LIVESTOCK.

Hoping to prevent the loss of a child through kidnapping or more innocent circumstances, a few schools have begun monitoring student arrivals and departures using technology similar to that used to track livestock and pallets of retail shipments.

Man, this goverenment I tell ya...

Deep

top topics

join