It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we build an Ark - are we in for a reboot ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

CaticusMaximus

Is there a new deluge on its way ?

Long story short, life on Earth is f----d due to accelerating and rapid habitat change, and humans will die like all other species will. You have global famine, disease, and war for dwindling resources (farmable land) to look forward to in the near future.

Its an extinction event unfolding before our eyes.

In 20 years, its not impossible that the majority of animals on Earth will be dead.

Humans not excluded.

Poppycock.

Farmable land?

You're joking. Do you realise that simply turning just the worlds golf courses into farming land will be enough to feed the world using smart growing tech.

Then there's the oceans...a LOT of room there to grow food...or fuel.

There's NOT a lack of land for growing food, just a lack of WILL to spend the money or give up the luxuries (like golf for example) that will be required to enable that growing.

Hydroponics can grow 20 times the food, in 80% less space and using 80% less water and nutrients, especially using 'vertical growing techniques'.

Look it up.

If we grew food in a smarter way, we could actually drastically REDUCE our current land for farming requirements....we could even build MORE golf course where farms used to be...if golf is your thing of course.

Scaremongering about so-called 'overpopulation', lack of resources, and all the rest of it always neglect to mention we can change the inefficient systems we currently use, and create much, much more food using much, fewer resources and land space....but then again, without food and resource scaremongering and doom...how on Earth would GMO's get a foothold? If you catch my drift.

edit on 16-11-2013 by MysterX because: corrections

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by crowdedskies

All you have done is make a huge assumption about the meaning of life and turned a blind eye to how tedious, repetitive and boring life was for those who lived in the past, so you can complain about gadgets.

Not really. I am all for technology when it has a purpose. Buying groceries through the internet and having it delivered even though you are strong and healthy seems to be a form of lazyness. Immersing yourself into a virtual world and playing computer games every spare hour that you have is not exactly productive. When this becomes a mass phenomenon, one has to really speculate on the eventual outcome.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If i remember correctly, it says in the bible that the first cleansing would be by water, and the next by fire, so I think an ark would not be much use.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

pikestaff
If i remember correctly, it says in the bible that the first cleansing would be by water, and the next by fire, so I think an ark would not be much use.

If that is the case then the more the reason for an ark. The ocean would be the safest place to be.

Perhaps you could elaborate. Thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

reboot yea an ark no "this time the earth shall be cleansed by fire" no ark will be fireproof but if you have the faith of mustard a seed then no harm will come to you , how many have that faith or prove they do i might have the faith of the seed pod.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would like to expand on the opening post.

I have used the Ark because of the symbolism (water - clensing). Now, we have had other disasters . For example WW1 and WW2.

What is interesting is that out of WW2 came a sense of respect and support for each other upon which a new society was built. This has let to fast technological developments and the freeing of masses from poverty. We have people in the West who do not know what it is like to run for shelter when bombs rain down. Some were born just after the war ended in 1945 and have enjoyed over 60 years of peace (in the west that is)

Sadly this "peaceful" situation seems to turn people into selfish monsters. The lack of suffering leads to evil rather than good. Therefore , do natural disasters and wars occur for a reason ? to put us on the right track again?

We have heard about the fall of the Roman Empire , the Earthquake of Pompei, the destruction of Atlantis ( a supposedly advanced culture). They all had one thing in common; life had become an "Indulge as much as you can" proposition. We now see this in the modern world and we also see the cruelty . The cruelty is very often public and aspiring individuals get humiliated on TV just for a laugh.

Hence, I believe a new purge is on its way.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

crowdedskies
Buying groceries through the internet and having it delivered even though you are strong and healthy seems to be a form of lazyness.

You don't really offer any reason why this is a bad thing or even unnatural. Male lions are a perfect example of an animal in tune with nature who is strong and healthy and has food delivered to him.

Immersing yourself into a virtual world and playing computer games every spare hour that you have is not exactly productive. When this becomes a mass phenomenon, one has to really speculate on the eventual outcome.

Neither is spending the same amount of time at sporting events, pubs or gambling venues but it has been happening for thousands of years en mass, what is there to speculate about?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

daskakik

Neither is spending the same amount of time at sporting events, pubs or gambling venues but it has been happening for thousands of years en mass, what is there to speculate about?

Therefore it is OK for football players to be elevated to divine levels and worshipped. Surely, you must see where this is leading to.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

pikestaff

Depends on the type of ark.

www.mars-one.com...

If you think about it, the ancient gods and their messengers came down from the skies in many cultures mythologies. Maybe projects like mars one and other similar projects could be arks to escape whats coming.

The elite will save themselves from the mess they created, then come back when the dust has settled, posing as gods using their superior knowledge and technology on people who have forgotten it. They will create religion and establish a power base, and things will continue until the next time we wipe ourselves out, and on and on, until the big extinction event similar to what wiped out the dinosaurs. For all we know, they probably went through a similar cycle to us.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

crowdedskies

daskakik

Therefore it is OK for football players to be elevated to divine levels and worshipped. Surely, you must see where this is leading to.

No, therefore it's nothing new so your premis is a fail.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

daskakik

crowdedskies

daskakik

No, therefore it's nothing new so your premis is a fail.

Not sure what you mean. I was asking a question; whether you thought it was OK for footballers to be elevated......

I do not think we are on the same wavelength .

The point I have been making throughout this thread is that a large proportion of humans have stopped living. They now live through others (reality TV, solo virtual games, following others on twitter and facebook). If they have stopped living then what is the point of our existence.

Every disaster restores the qualities which makes us evolve spirituality.

So what is YOUR philosophy ?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

crowdedskies
Not sure what you mean. I was asking a question; whether you thought it was OK for footballers to be elevated......

I do not think we are on the same wavelength .

The point was that the answer is moot since athletes have been eleveted since, at least, the days of the gladiators. You fail to provide anything new that constitutes a reason for a "reboot".

The point I have been making throughout this thread is that a large proportion of humans have stopped living. They now live through others (reality TV, solo virtual games, following others on twitter and facebook). If they have stopped living then what is the point of our existence.

Since I doubt you know what the point of existance is I'm going to assume that you are not in any position of authority to determine if people have really stopped living.

Books, newspapers, magazines, plays and countless other forms of entertainment have occupied peoples spare time for centuries. You are just nitpicking on the latest wastes of time.

Every disaster restores the qualities which makes us evolve spirituality.

Not really. Might sound deep but that is about all.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It seems your issue is that nothing has changed over the centuries and therefore there is no case for a reboot.

This discussion has given me an idea for a movie. Imagine a court case that takes place somewhere in heaven such as in the movie "A matter of Life and Death" (1946) . I would be putting the case for a reboot while you would be defending the people and arguing against it.In the end the jury decides the fate of the planet. That would be a great movie.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

crowdedskies
reply to post by daskakik

It seems your issue is that nothing has changed over the centuries and therefore there is no case for a reboot.

No, my issue is the assumption as to the purpose of life and the logical fallacies.

I would be putting the case for a reboot while you would be defending the people and arguing against it.In the end the jury decides the fate of the planet. That would be a great movie.

Don't know if it would make a great movie but I am not arguing against a reboot. I'm mearly pointing out that the reasons that you have given for one happening have been present for a long time and if they haven't caused one yet there is no reason to believe things are going to be any different in the near future.
edit on 16-11-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

crowdedskies
What is interesting is that out of WW2 came a sense of respect and support for each other upon which a new society was built. This has let to fast technological developments and the freeing of masses from poverty. We have people in the West who do not know what it is like to run for shelter when bombs rain down. Some were born just after the war ended in 1945 and have enjoyed over 60 years of peace (in the west that is)

Sadly this "peaceful" situation seems to turn people into selfish monsters. The lack of suffering leads to evil rather than good. Therefore , do natural disasters and wars occur for a reason ? to put us on the right track again?

It is very easy, I don't understand why people don't see this as I do but then again nobody ever asked me. And I don't want to appear Nazi because I'm not, I would choose putting people I don't like on a remote island solution. But everyone who believes the good effects of WW2 must understand they are only there as a good feeling, made by the good causes but also the bad causes. Those negative effects go somewhere even if people don't want to acknowledge that. Going a step further, those who have the physical, real memories of events held this in place all the while as the younger had an interaction with this. But that is fading as the people from then are less. I do wonder who will be the last of them. In short I mean since I wasn't there I can't 'feel' anything that someone can who was there, it is simply before my time and at best I have a resemble of war because of the Iraq wars even though my country played a minor role and I believe from observations people did not compare it to a WW2 victory.

The economy will change probably drastic when the elder have gone and the young don't understand why anyone would appeal to WW2 memories so that will be the day of great changes in the world. I assume it's most likely many of the economic succeses in the US and west is because of WW2 weapons and the threat that comes along with, which can be heard in the background of many sales pitches and ads.

A reboot doesn't sound very good. Besides WW2 aftermath problems and misunderstandings I'm sure many people have trouble adapting from pen and paper to keyboard and machine. But that doesn't need a reboot, in fact that must probably also be converted first. Technoligical advances can't be attributed to WW2 or WW1, might have held it all back a century, who knows. The earlier machines were already there such as looms for clothing, music boxes with punchcards. But hopefully we can all soon wage virtual wars forever instead of keeping the real wars alive.
edit on 19/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

You have a point. Rockets that take man in space were based on the technology behind the german WW2 missiles. Other technological advances also come from weapon technology.

Perhaps it was wrong for me to use the world wars as an example of disaster. Many people still remember their experiences and have been marked for ever. But we must not forget that the war was declared by Chamberlain to halt Hitler's masterplan. What would have happened if UK had not declared war against Germany?

Coming back to the original post, is disaster looming (natural disaster or war) because our mind is cutting itself off from the soul and spirit? The divine sparks are not sending messages back to the source as before?

Although I mentioned "reboot" I do not really believe it possible or necessary. It does concern me however that billions of people are turning into zombies. It is difficult to see the way ahead in terms of the divine plan of us probes reporting meaningful experience back to the top

edit on 19-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

crowdedskies

You have a point. Rockets that take man in space were based on the technology behind the german WW2 missiles. Other technological advances also come from weapon technology.

No, it is all driven by the need for procreation, family, nobody needs war to create technology. Also, war cannot be used to show love. Nobody died in vain, when war is seen as horrible then people might go to heaven, when they have tried to talk about everything and one has to defend him or herself.

In case of a nation, turtle tactics is the only way, while a nation sits out a difficult time is when there is a lot of room for inventions and progress. If that nation is mature enough to deal with what is going on on the outside ofcourse otherwise it'll be like having to comfort the women for the duration of a war. But if invaded then justice would be on the side of the defending country.

Perhaps it was wrong for me to use the world wars as an example of disaster. Many people still remember their experiences and have been marked for ever. But we must not forget that the war was declared by Chamberlain to halt Hitler's masterplan. What would have happened if UK had not declared war against Germany?

I don't have those memories but they shouldn't be taken lightly or be seen as trivial. From my point of view Germany began the war, other nations reacted to Hitler's declaration. Maybe Hitler had his masterplan as a response to some other guy's masterplan, which I think is coming to fruition any time, I'm thinking about somebody doing it wrong and continuing to do so. But the guy has been at it for centuries so who knows.

For an alternative, the UK should have retreated up north, then Germany would have been easy as they would have attacked from France and the Netherlands. The British could have used a simple timed explosion. It is a general rule whoever owns the house when it is invaded has the upper hand, even when outnumbered.

Coming back to the original post, is disaster looming (natural disaster or war) because our mind is cutting itself off from the soul and spirit? The divine sparks are not sending messages back to the source as before?

When the hereafter is misunderstood, memories tend to fail and old routes or synapses in the brain can become affected, chaotic to some, not so random to others.

Although I mentioned "reboot" I do not really believe it possible or necessary. It does concern me however that billions of people are turning into zombies. It is difficult to see the way ahead in terms of the divine plan of us probes reporting meaningful experience back to the top

It is meant by someone (might be you) as I think a way out. You could just turn off WW1.exe and WW2.exe.
edit on 19/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

crowdedskies

It is difficult to see the way ahead in terms of the divine plan of us probes reporting meaningful experience back to the top

Yes you probes shouldn't be going in there, not in the probe nor where it is going. It is bad, thinking sex is the way to reach the centre of the brain. Whoever keeps on doing that is messing up creation more than they know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join