It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTHR 13 Indianapolis Now Reporting Gunman at Ball State Univeristy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
At 5:05 PM WTHR reported Ball State on lockdown.

WTHR 13 Indianapolis

Ball State issues alert about possible gunman Updated: Nov 15, 2013 4:43 PM EST Ball State issues alert about possible gunman MUNCIE - Ball State University is alerting students about a possible gunman on campus. University officials sent an alert and posted the following message on their website: "Possible armed assailant in the area of rec and wellness. Avoid HP, Lewellen, Rec Center, HP, and Arena. Follow safety direction from UPD on site." This story will be updated as details become available

edit on 11/15/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Anything new?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

They haven't given any updates yet. I am watching WTHR, that's why I had to quickly post the link to WTHR, but it is hard to show you what I was watching from the TV. Thought I needed to get it out there quickly.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Anything new?

Not yet. Muncie is about 45 minutes away from me, and maybe the reporters from WTHR haven't made it there yet, as it was originally reported on their text alerts.

OK WTHR has the chopper there, the reporter is driving there now. Apparently a student in the Rec Room alerted that someone had a gun, and immediately steps were taken to lock down. I will know more soon.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Man with a gun! Man with a gun! Call 911! Call 911!

Do you see how that sounds? A "gunman" is lose. Emergency. Everyone clear the streets. We are all supposed to hide (go on lockdown) because there is a Gun Man.

F*** the mainstream Media…

I don't know. Should we put all the guns in prison? Or just the media?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

intrptr

Man with a gun! Man with a gun! Call 911! Call 911!

Do you see how that sounds? A "gunman" is lose. Emergency. Everyone clear the streets. We are all supposed to hide (go on lockdown) because there is a Gun Man.

F*** the mainstream Media…

I don't know. Should we put all the guns in prison? Or just the media?

I am just telling you what WTHR is reporting. So far, no one has been injured. But you have to understand what Ball State means to Muncie and Central Indiana. It is a big deal for Indiana.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

There are 17,800 students at Ball State.

There were erroneous reports of a hostage situation, but students are calling parents that there were three men with guns. I know a student at Ball State and just talked to her mother, but I am only telling you what WTHR is reporting.

Apparently this is the third lockdown this year at Ball State for the same thing. This time the police presence is very heavy.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm seeing way too many headlines like this, way too often. Its almost a daily thing now..

I just hope no one is hurt this time.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
4 posts to a defense of guns. Damn, that's gotta be a record. Don't even know what's going on yet but why waste an event.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just imagine what it would be like if the wild west had corporate media reporting every gunman ... and we think things are bad now. Another step to eradicating the 2nd amendment.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

daryllyn
I'm seeing way too many headlines like this, way too often. Its almost a daily thing now..

I just hope no one is hurt this time.

I agree, there was just one at University of Cincinnati. So far no gunman has been found yet, but my friend who goes there is locked down where she works.

So far no one is hurt.

WTHR is reporting now that the Vice-President of the campus is interviewing in conference calls, but so far, no gunman has been found.

This is the third time around for Ball State, so maybe that's why the police are taking this more serious, but said there was no sense of urgency. Some students are disregarding the alerts, while others are taking it serious.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

intrepid
4 posts to a defense of guns. Damn, that's gotta be a record. Don't even know what's going on yet but why waste an event.

LOL, so far I haven't said anything about gun defense, only that WTHR has it as the big story. I only get WTHR from Indianapolis, so I don't know what the other news stations are reporting.

We don't know yet, only that it is on lockdown. And I live 45 minutes from Muncie and a friend who is a student there. So right now I am concerned a little bit.

ETA: The students inside the H.P. Llewellen Building and Human Performance Center are taking video and the police inside are taking it very serious.

It is centered on the Human Performance Center, that is the Rec Center they said at the beginning. It is like a large gymnasium where they practice sports, it is the athletic center. Apparently someone was jogging and saw the gunman and reported it. That's where it began.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There was an explosion reported, but they said it was the accidental firing of a service revolver of one of the policeman.

Do revolvers sound like explosions?

That's what WTHR just said, an accidental firing of a service revolver outside the perimeter.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Comedian Jeff Gaffigan is putting on a show there tonight at the arena, the doors are unlocked for that, so the show is still going on tonight.

That's probably why the big response, Jim Gaffigan is going to be there, so I can imagine what he will joke about in this one.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I graduated from BSU in 08 and my girlfriend just graduated in May. She still gets text updates from the university. Here's what she's received so far:

4:03 pm

UPD Continues to secure the area. Avoid affected buildings. Visit www.bsu.edu for updates. Also subscribe to ballstate underscore alert on twitter for updates.

4:08

Media reports of a hostage situation are inaccurate. Please continue to secure in a safe location or avoid the area.

5:00 pm

Reports of an explosion near the scene are not accurate. Everyone remain in a safe place until situation can be fully assessed.

5:03 pm

Reports of an individual in handcuffs with guns pointed at him by police near College of Architecture and Planning are inaccurate.

5:34 pm

Police continue assessing affected buildings, which is expected to take another hour. Most people have been cleared from affected buildings.

Will continue to update as she gets msgs.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

5:59

BSU Alert: The affected buildings are HP, Lewellen, Rec Center, Worthen Arena. Residence halls will remain secured until all clear is sent.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

revswirl
reply to post by revswirl

5:59

BSU Alert: The affected buildings are HP, Lewellen, Rec Center, Worthen Arena. Residence halls will remain secured until all clear is sent.

Thank you revswirl, WTHR is now on regular programming so I can't update any more just yet. I just guessed "Late Night Talk Show Host" on Wheel of Fortune before the player did. So I can update only from the link or what WTHR reports.

Jim Gaffigan is at Emens tonight and the show is open, I would imagine this is why there was such a huge response from the police.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
On some campuses, people carry every single day. Students and faculty.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

NP. Good ole Muncie doesn't make the ATS radar often

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

6:51

The all clear has been issued. Campus is secure; resume normal activities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join