It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Ison suddendly Outburst!! make it Naked Eye Sight :)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

An Iridium flare?

Do you mean from one of the Iridium satellites? Are they falling to earth & burning up?

I remember when they were launched. I used to work for a company that used them in communications almost 20 years ago but totally lost track of them since...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

No no, what's the bets that any plausible explanation will be denied.

Any given night (clear night I should add) if anyone looks to the beautiful skies they'll see several satellites. Dare suggest that here and be told no, it was aliens. Just sayin

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ok.. i'm a star etc noob, it has to be said. I like looking at them but 9 times out of 10 have no idea what i'm looking at.

Can i see it from UK? - When's it supposed to be it's most visible? December?
edit on 15-11-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

TheProphetMark
Okay, that was really weird and unlike anything I ever seen in the sky. I went outside to watch for ISON, thinking 'ok I'm not going to be able to see any Comet in this sky' since the stars were hard enough to see as it was. So as I was turning to head back inside my house while keep my eyes in the sky - all of a sudden I see this somewhat large cloudy while circular something just zooming across the sky heading North-West. I mean, it was so fast that if I had blinked my eye the moment had a glimpse of it, I surly would have missed it.

I'm really not sure what to think of this but it was beautiful and so otherworldly that it did not look like a comet and it appeared to be somewhat low in the sky but can't account for it's size or how high it really may have been but that was an awesome sight for only stepping outside for just a few minutes. Anyone else catch this as well?

Nice experience, lucky you! I wish they would stop doing that though. They either need to destroy us cause we need to be, or help us cause we need that too. People will get over the "panic" it's waaaaay overrated. This evasive BS needs to stop!!

edit on 15-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theclarificator55555

Except that's not how physics works. If it disintegrates then the pieces will continue along the same path.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Riffrafter
An Iridium flare?

Do you mean from one of the Iridium satellites? Are they falling to earth & burning up?

The Iridium satellites have a big flat antenna on them, about the size of a door if I recall correctly.
At very specific times, a viewer on the ground can see the sun reflected back at them, like as with a mirror.

The effect is that the satellite goes from being its normal "too dim to see", to "very very bright", and then back to "too dim to see".
All in the space of about 10 - 15 seconds.

The flareups for any location can be calculated, and heavens-above is a good website for that.

Any given location will not see one every night, but often enough for several times per month.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

how are you doing, cheesy!

I logged on just to reply to this thread.

The weather's been decent where I'm at and I'm usually awake around that time; east, huh.

Just maybe Ison and its three companions are an omen I get a lucky windfall

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

What is best time to see in southern US please.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
WOULD IT BE VISIBLE IN LAS VEGAS, NV?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks so much for this update. I'm obsessed with this comet and the beautiful green haze.
I'm really hoping I get to see this one with my own eyes

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Next week

"Comet ISON just made right angle turn and is now heading toward earth"

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks for info re: Iridium - pretty interesting, and something I didn't know about them.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
People asking : will I be able to see it in _____ location, well apparently it will be hard NOT to notice it. I mean it will be hanging there for a couple months. Christmas being the most prominent time. Just celebrate the holidays and then go outside look up to the heavens and ISON will be hanhing there like the elephant in a room
[]
edit on 16-11-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by theclarificator55555

Except that's not how physics works. If it disintegrates then the pieces will continue along the same path.

Not exactly if the Sun reverse its magnetic polarity...
Instead of follow the path the pieces will behave retrograde!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I almost see a faint, sparse golden trail in a straight line behind the comet in the tail. A pure gold nucleus?

Would be sweet.

I wonder if gold fusion could occur as it got closer to the Sun if it were pure gold at the nucleus.
edit on 16-11-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by cheesy

What is best time to see in southern US please.

The Bot

napyroots
WOULD IT BE VISIBLE IN LAS VEGAS, NV?

It's been probably said thousands of times here and in other threads about ISON, that it is visible in the East before dawn (around 5am to 6 am). That applies to any location, unless you live at the earth's poles, I guess.

Spotting it from Las Vegas might be difficult, though, thanks to all the city lights.

edit on 16-11-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

whatnext21
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Check Here for the date and time you saw the object or check here too

Be mindful of your local time and convert to UTC

I checked your likes hoping what I saw would be reported. The first link, there was a video of a meteor that happened around 9:45am UTC, the event I saw happened no more than 5 minutes after 9:00am UTC on November 15th so I can't believe sure if this is what I saw.

The second link, there were more reports for anything far before or after 9:05am UTC of November 15th.

Thanks you for sharing these, I had hope there would be a mentioned of a report or even better a video of the meteor I saw. It was toooooo big to have been a meteor out in space. If anything from what I saw the size of it could fit 5 maybe 6 moons from I could see. It was so fast, probably one of the best second of my life that I ever spent looking in the sky which I managed to caught by pure luck. I guess I'll never know and can only hope to experience a similar sight in the future.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by TheProphetMark

You might have seen an iridium flare.

Starts about 15 secs into video.

I appreciate the effort but not what I saw. It was much bigger, not to mention faster. I wish I could put it into words but with can't. Thanks though.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy did you perhaps get those pics from Stellarium and are now passing them off as real pictures?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Wookiep

TheProphetMark
Okay, that was really weird and unlike anything I ever seen in the sky. I went outside to watch for ISON, thinking 'ok I'm not going to be able to see any Comet in this sky' since the stars were hard enough to see as it was. So as I was turning to head back inside my house while keep my eyes in the sky - all of a sudden I see this somewhat large cloudy while circular something just zooming across the sky heading North-West. I mean, it was so fast that if I had blinked my eye the moment had a glimpse of it, I surly would have missed it.

I'm really not sure what to think of this but it was beautiful and so otherworldly that it did not look like a comet and it appeared to be somewhat low in the sky but can't account for it's size or how high it really may have been but that was an awesome sight for only stepping outside for just a few minutes. Anyone else catch this as well?

Nice experience, lucky you! I wish they would stop doing that though. They either need to destroy us cause we need to be, or help us cause we need that too. People will get over the "panic" it's waaaaay overrated. This evasive BS needs to stop!!

edit on 15-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I totally agree. I have seen maybe 4 odd things in the sky, the first three were similar but this one was just much different. I just wish my head wasn't looking in the direction it was taking off making it look like it appeared out of nowhere and gone in a split second. The size of it was as if 5 or 6 moons were grouped together to form a cloudy sphere from where I was standing. How high it was at that moment I'll never know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join