It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contents of Mysterious Black Hole Jets Revealed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well just have to await more data......interesting find but................

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That's why I question and ponder the possibility of spewing out of 'Dark Matter' from Black holes. Supposedly Dark Matter is not affected by gravity etc.

Think about it.

While you may be correct about dark matter being sucked into and spewed out of black holes(and maybe even black holes create some dark matter)-I don't think these jets are made up of soley dark matter.
Because,I don't think we have created the technology to see/detect dark matter yet.
I could be wrong about that though..
A mind boggling subject,which has been nagging at me since I read this thread this morning.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
I find it really hard to imagine how these jets of matter are emitted from the center of a black hole...
Aren't black holes so dense that they suck in everything in their immediate area,including bending space/time?

So how can something with such immense gravity actually burp out matter?
The only way I can see is that the "burps"have more energy than the sucking energy of the black hole itself..
That is the only way I can see that the jets would be able to escape from the gravitational pull of the black hole.

Hmm...

Here's a popular theory on what is happening;

You are correct that high speed particles are accelerated away from the black hole in jets along the black hole's rotation axis. This jet phenomenon manifests itself on the scale of supermassive black holes as Active Galactic Nuclei and on the stellar black hole scale as "microquasars". Likely the physics is similar in both cases even though the size scales are very different. The short answer to your question is the particles that form Astronomers still study the details of jet formation and acceleration, but the prevailing idea is its due to strong magnetic fields. Imagine an accretion disk around a black hole. Because of the high temperatures in the disk, the gas is ionized and forms a plasma. There are also likely strong magnetic fields that thread through the disk, and because of the laws of electromagnetism, are essentially "frozen into" the accretion disk. That means as the particles spiral into the black hole they drag the magnetic fields causing them to twist. Eventually the magnetic fields will become so strong that instead of the particles dragging the magnetic field accelerates the particles toward the poles. They then go flying out in the form of jets. It turns out that jets are a common theme in astrophysics. In addition to being seen around black holes, they're also seen around star forming regions. Astrophysicists think that jets serve an important function of getting rid of angular momentum in a system. Otherwise the accretion disk or protostar would fly apart because conservation of angular momentum would require it to spin very rapidly.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think your theory holds water and was backed up by Michael Aquino to some extent in his AMA thread.

I look at it like the ultimate check and balance for our universe if it proves to be fact. Have to wait and see if we ever get there.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Flaunt
After all, it was always said nothing could escape a black hole, not even light. So how are the jets escaping? I think the most popular theory is centred around accretion discs and magnetism, essentially 'snapping' the matter back allowing it to win the battle over gravity.

just what i was going to say... the accepted Truism that net even Light excapes a BH

Then how could x-ray, radio energy and atoms from matter excape... at even less velocity than the speed-of-light

It seems that the event horizon is constantly swirling all this disintegrated matter in a process that spins all the matter and physical universe energy at ever increasing speeds and channels this dense and excited cosmic soup into 'Jets' that have gained enough excape velocity to stream away from the BH core
i think the swirling matter & energy making up the event-horizon gets stripped of all the sub-atomic Quantum stuff (6 or more types) & that contributes to the speeding up of the material & energies that spew out in high energy 'Jets'

You do know that the theory 'galactic superwave' by Dr P. Violette: starburstfound.org... is about one of these 'Jets' headed toward Earth (rather the Earth & Sun happening to intersect with the galactic center BH ' energy jet' srom Sagittarius A* )

for the poster that gruffaw's no religious reference as yet...
I will fill that lack of religion in this thread.....well couldn't a BH be described as an" Abyss", a bottomless pit spoken of in Scriptures ??
perhaps the all consuming BH is the religious equivilent of the 'Lake-of-Fire' inside the BH interior where absolute annihilation consumes both matter-energy-spirt (like souls or demons like Satan)

Indeed, our superior ETs could be our God & is talking in terms we understood ...
pre-20th century Quantum Physics when we could better understand Hell or Abyss or Bottomless Pit in cosmic terms

have a nice time
edit on 15-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

beezzer
I'm a nebbish when it comes to things like this.

I always imagined a black hole to be a ball shape. Like the sun, only in reverse.

I always picture(d) them as fast rotating vortexes which ultimately suck you in/down.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed

I always picture(d) them as fast rotating vortexes which ultimately suck you in/down.

That's a hauntingly accurate description of my first marriage

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i would like to add on to the partial explanation in my earlier post

It seems that the event horizon is constantly swirling all this disintegrated matter in a process that spins all the matter and physical universe energy at ever increasing speeds and channels this dense and excited cosmic soup into 'Jets' that have gained enough excape velocity to stream away from the BH core

i think the swirling matter & energy making up the event-horizon gets stripped of all the sub-atomic Quantum stuff (6 or more types) & that contributes to the speeding up of the material & energies that spew out in high energy 'Jets'

i think the swirling 'soup' of matter & energy making up the event-horizon gets stripped of all the sub-atomic Quantum stuff ....which has the 6 types of Quarks and Gravitrons getting stripped or separated from the physical matter of this Universe & that contributes to the speeding up of the material & energies that spew out in high energy 'Jets' from the highly energetic 'Event Horizon' and invisible 'sphere' which envelopes the BH core

only Quanta & Quarks and Higgins Bosons and Gravitrons fall into the BH core...and those pesky points of energy that can briefly become matter with mass and change back to 'strings'
all other physical Universe natural matter and EM energy is spit out into the surrounding Space in the form of 'Jets'

getting stripped of all the quantum energy and 'potential' creation energy along with snapping free of gravity is what speeds up all the 'energetic soup' of the event horizon... which still is far slower than the speed-of-light

just some free thought exercises here...nothing of scientific merit...but hoping it opens the box we tend to close ourselves in

edit on 16-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Discovery of Biggest Ever Black Hole Blast (Ultra Quasar / European Very Large Telescope)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aciGEyvkuwk
www.youtube.com...

I actually do have a Bible verse...

Genesis KJV

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I've often wondered whether the hypothetical "white hole" and black holes are the same phenomena. Just that the black hole both functions as we see it but also at the same time emits matter like the white hole is supposed to. The presence of jets seems to confirm this. So maybe white holes do exist, just they are also black holes?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Whatever is spewing forth can be seen/detected. Hypothetically, dark matter and dark energy can only be measured against what can't be explained.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join