It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andy Kaufman Lives according to Brother and someone who claims to be hist daughter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Andy Kaufman is still alive and his death in 1984 was a HOAX ... so says a 24-year-old woman who claims to be his daughter ... and here's the thing -- her claim is NOT without some evidence.

It all went down Monday at the 9th Annual Andy Kaufman Awards at the Gotham Comedy Club in NYC. The event was hosted by Andy’s brother Michael ... and during his closing speech, the unidentified 24-year-old woman approached the stage.

You have to see it for yourself -- but the woman explained Kaufman has secretly been living as a stay-at-home dad with a wife and daughter after faking his own death from cancer 29 years ago.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

Andy Kaufman Lives according to Brother and someone who claims to be hist daughter.

Suposedly the story goes, is brother has known this for some time because of a letter he recieved in a preplaned meeting place, but promised to keep it secret until after his father died last summer. Andy is married, has a 24 year old daughter. If you know the history of this story, to fake your death and to fake who you are were part of Andy's act. If this ends up being untrue, you know it's just people doing what Andy would have wanted them to do.
TMZ tried this as well. I wouldn't be suprised at all if this story turns in any direction, except I assume he's not alive.
Sources:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
He is gone.
And what are they talking about no date of death on IMDB? It's there.
I think they are just keeping him "alive" in peoples minds.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Now we know why some of the people in this thread: Dead Celebrities That are Alive Again

Are really in that thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Strange. I hope is still alive, and comes out. It said he backed out at the last minuet? That means that he might have been in a car outside that place debating comming in and someone might have seen him and not knew it.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Vaedur

Andy Kaufman is still alive and his death in 1984 was a HOAX ... so says a 24-year-old woman who claims to be his daughter ... and here's the thing -- her claim is NOT without some evidence.

It all went down Monday at the 9th Annual Andy Kaufman Awards at the Gotham Comedy Club in NYC. The event was hosted by Andy’s brother Michael ... and during his closing speech, the unidentified 24-year-old woman approached the stage.

You have to see it for yourself -- but the woman explained Kaufman has secretly been living as a stay-at-home dad with a wife and daughter after faking his own death from cancer 29 years ago.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

Suposedly the story goes, is brother has known this for some time because of a letter he recieved in a preplaned meeting place, but promised to keep it secret until after his father died last summer. Andy is married, has a 24 year old daughter. If you know the history of this story, to fake your death and to fake who you are were part of Andy's act. If this ends up being untrue, you know it's just people doing what Andy would have wanted them to do.
TMZ tried this as well. I wouldn't be suprised at all if this story turns in any direction, except I assume he's not alive.
Sources:

I believe he faked his death, along with Elvis, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cubain,
Jeff Buckley, Diana Spenser, Jimmy Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Biggie Smalls,
Tupak Shakur, Whitney Hueston, Amy Winehouse and many more.
It an exceedingly common occurrence among the 'stars'.
Did I also mention JFK?
edit on 14-11-2013 by OneFreeMan because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Andy is dead

sort of like Jim Carrey's career.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Andy Kaufman will live forever , genius never dies .

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Time for a Tony Clifton come back!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Wow wouldn't that be cool if he was alive... I wonder if Elvis is doing the same thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sidhartha92

Turns out his brother highered some actress to do it.

www.usatoday.com...

Teriffic. Andy would have loved it.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He was crazy like that wouldn't be surprised

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Has anyone ever checked out his bank account?
I for one do not believe he had the funds to fake his own death.

I mean we are talking a TV comedian who came across as nuts and nuts he was.

This man was not worth millions let alone hundreds of thousands.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Mr. Kaufman was quite the character. If anyone could actually pull off a stunt like this, it'd be him. I liked Andy Kaufman, loved the movie with Jim Carey as well. If Mr. Kaufman is alive, I hope he's left alone as it's quite obvious he was tired of the spot light. (On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me if more "dead" celebrities decided to fake their own deaths as well to get away from it all.)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by Vaedur

(On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me if more "dead" celebrities decided to fake their own deaths as well to get away from it all.)

Sure beats killing the Self.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

The girl was a paid actress for the stunt by Kaufman's brother.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Her real name is Alexandra Tatarsky she is 24 years old, her dad is a doctor. She met Michael at a Andy Kaufman museum and they hatched the plan as a comedy act. People in the crowd all knew it was a prank and appreciated the dark humor as an homage to Andy. But that is all it was, someone videoed it and uploaded and what we see is out of context since its just a small part of the prank performance.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Why is this even a topic?
who care about his guy, he was just a small time actor

edit on 14-11-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: mmmmm

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

rupertg
Andy is dead

sort of like Jim Carrey's career.

BAZINGA!!!!

Anyone remember the 4 Elvis is alive threads a few months ago....? anywho...

This is a prank maybe in honor of Andy, if that crazy mofo could haunt us from beyond the grave you know he would of or is!

But it was nice to be reminded of his awesome life and what he gave to the world. S&F for that!
edit on 11/14/2013 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/14/2013 by Agent008 because: Damn Spelling!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
Why is this even a topic?
who care about his guy, he was just a small time actor

edit on 14-11-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: mmmmm

What what what? Small time actor? Comedian, he was a comedian damn...

You should go watch some of Andy Kaufman's stuff. The guy was a pioneer. Let me start you off with a little something.
Here I come to save the day

Classic.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Andy is dead just like Jim Carey's career??!

Jim Carey is one of the most well respected comedic actors in the business and is a damn fine actor to boot.

Anyways, prank or not I think Andy could still be out there.
He was one of the best ever. I like to think he's still alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join