It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does paranormal exist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

BlueMule
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just went over our exchange again, and nowhere do I see you saying you have watched this vid. If you say you have, please show me where.

Sorry, I believe I mentioned that i watched it, and it was before you posted video.

BlueMule
If you've watched it, then prove it. Give us an overview.

What do you need? I am not sure that you understand how discussion and forum works. You should write your opinion, use video just for support. Do you realize that by watching video I surely did not make the same conclusion as you did?

BlueMule
I do see you beginning to ignore me and talk to Gard instead, after pointing out to you how the pdf you posted helps my case.

Please tell me this is a joke. Bunch of scientist using quantum mechanics which neither one of them is mastering to prove that our mind forms universe?! Yes, that explains how stars can show us our future... get real, please.

Create discussion about Persinger and God helmet, sure I will follow if I find it interesting, but this way all you doing is hijacking threads with video that i doubt you have fully understood.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

SuperFrog

BlueMule

I just went over our exchange again, and nowhere do I see you saying you have watched this vid. If you say you have, please show me where.

Sorry, I believe I mentioned that i watched it, and it was before you posted video.

Before I posted it? Then please provide me with a link to the post in which you mention that. I want to see it for myself.

What do you need?

Proof. Tell me something that only someone who has watched the vid would know.

"So now I guess it's your turn. Watch the vid and prove you aren't some kind of fundamentalist."

Ring a bell? It was then that you stopped responding to my posts and switched to responding to Gard instead.

edit on 24-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

BlueMule
Before I posted it? Then please provide me with a link to the post in which you mention that. I want to see it for myself.

Sure, you hopefully are not thinking that you are only one watching YouTube and posting on ATS.

BlueMule

Please tell me you are kidding. Let me ask you this, is this all you know about his work? Please don't make me ask you - how old are you?

BlueMule
Ring a bell? It was then that you stopped responding to my posts and switched to responding to Gard instead.

There is nothing to post more, except that his claims are invalid. Once he manages to show examples where mind is out of brain - sure, I will read about it. As for my PDF, would love to see universe created by mind - I bet would be much better and more friendlier than our current universe.

As I said, if you like to discuss this, open new topic, or post on one that is about neurotheology.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

BlueMule

Your response:

Please tell me you are kidding.

Afraid I vote with BlueMule on this one, Frog. You claimed that you had read the books, when you hadn't. You've just admitted that you have only just begun the one I recommended (and, for what it's worth, I'm delighted that you have chosen to do so).....

when you told him the other day you HAD READ THEM. It wasn't true. So, I agree that you are misleading readers when you say you have watched/read things - clearly you have not. Maybe in future you'll be more careful!!

No, he is not the only one reading and watching ATS and youtube - but he is not claiming to have read/watched something he hasn't. YOU did that: now, own it!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Here ya go:
recent thread from Slayer with TONS of information beyond Carter's:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

wildtimes
Afraid I vote with BlueMule on this one, Frog. You claimed that you had read the books, when you hadn't. You've just admitted that you have only just begun the one I recommended (and, for what it's worth, I'm delighted that you have chosen to do so).....

I am sorry if I am not clear enough to you. I said that once I start reading it, I will post about it. I started yesterday, and as I said, so far nor very impressed with book.

BlueMule's video is around much longer, was watching it, but not as part of discussion, but because I was interested about experiment he did with Dawkins, and after reading Dawkins comments on so called - experiment.

Some people got delusional and claimed higher 'belief' after their brain was stimulated. To some that is enough to call for paranormal activity and clear sign of existence of God, even as everyone claims to see different things. Drugs works in the same way, no need for helmet.

wildtimes
when you told him the other day you HAD READ THEM. It wasn't true. So, I agree that you are misleading readers when you say you have watched/read things - clearly you have not. Maybe in future you'll be more careful!!

What are you talking about? His inability to discuss anything? All Blue did is post video without his opinion. So far Carter is not helping there either.

wildtimes
No, he is not the only one reading and watching ATS and youtube - but he is not claiming to have read/watched something he hasn't. YOU did that: now, own it!!

In absence of anything better to support your claims in paranormal you will now attack me? Interesting development, not that I am surprised at all.
edit on 24-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I started yesterday, and as I said, so far nor very impressed with book.

That's because you aren't actually reading it with "an open mind." You began reading it with predecided conclusions, which have been proven false/lies.

See the thread by Slayer that I linked above.

Choosing "who to believe" in this subject is no different than choosing "which Bible is the right one", or which "religion is the right one."

It is painfully, glaringly, dazzingly OBVIOUS that there is plenty of data to shore up the idea of paranormal.
You simply DO NOT WANT TO.

That's your choice. Not my job to tell you what to do. If you choose to ridicule and denounce the findings, that's on you.

I choose to continue researching and reading "alternative" theories.

EDIT!!! Oh, my bad. It wasn't you who claimed to have read the books - it was another member in another thread trying to debunk the information.

I apologize, humbly, SuperFrog, for the mistake.

I do, however, hope that you continue to read the book.

edit on 1/24/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I wish I could have been here earlier in the thread.

It is my opinion that hypnotism has a lot to do with it. People sincerely believe these things, just like I can be hypnotized to believe I do not like to smoke. Hypnotism, autosuggestion, placebo effect, have real-world implications, and may explain much of these paranormal experiences.

I share this vid as an example.

Are people simply lying to the death touch master? Or are their credulous minds merely hypnotized by it?
edit on 24|1|14 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

wildtimes
That's because you aren't actually reading it with "an open mind." You began reading it with predecided conclusions, which have been proven false/lies.

In my opinion, me getting book and reading does define me as 'open minded'. Me finding evidence in beginning of the book 'weak' and 'false' means that I did not just read, but also investigate Carter's claims. My findings you can find in my first post today. Your inability to accept that claims made by Carter are false speaks better about who is 'open minded'. There is no secrets that Henry Slade was fraud, people got him more than once.

wildtimes
See the thread by Slayer that I linked above.

Many of thigns Slayer posted were already discussed here and in other posts. Mostly you find the same group of people trying to use quantum mechanics to support their idea, yet none of them have any knowledge of quantum mechanics.

wildtimes
Choosing "who to believe" in this subject is no different than choosing "which Bible is the right one", or which "religion is the right one."

It is not matter of belief, only one thing can be true. I can tell you, none of bibles are 'the right one'. All of them are man made, collections of different texts and true age 'fixed' for better control over population. We can talk about religion if you like, but I would prefer if you open different topic for that.

wildtimes
It is painfully, glaringly, dazzingly OBVIOUS that there is plenty of data to shore up the idea of paranorma.

Yet you fail to provide simple example and so far insisted that I should read the book, which starts with false example?! Interesting. (not really
)

wildtimes
You simply DO NOT WANT TO.

What? To believe in something that you are unable to provide examples of? Of course. I believe that human mind can be tricket, and most of so called psychics, including Ingo Swann, mentioned in video that Blue apparantly has not watched yet, are just people tricking everyone else, making living out of someone's superstition.

For example, here on ATS and on couple of other sites mainly focusing on paranormal I was reading a lot about 'remote viewing' and never found any good case that proves it is possible. Even CIA dropped research, and if there was 1% chance to really exist, those guys would surely focus on it. Yet for example Persinger talks about it as real everyday thing.

Now, going back to reading. I see I will now learn more about quantum secrets from person who is not theoretical physicist.

wildtimes
That's your choice. Not my job to tell you what to do. If you choose to ridicule and denounce the findings, that's on you.

I choose to continue researching and reading "alternative" theories.

Finally. Something we will agree - show your best evidence, I will decide if that makes me believe.
So far, I found not enough evidence that support anything paranormal. I see that you don't worry about evidence being false, you still believe Carter. Your own choice, but don't tell me I denounce 'the findings'. It is your own choice to believe in his writing. Sorry, I need more than false story to believe.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

SuperFrog

BlueMule's video is around much longer, was watching it, but not as part of discussion, but because I was interested about experiment he did with Dawkins, and after reading Dawkins comments on so called - experiment.

You aren't doing a very good job of convincing me that you've watched the vid I posted. So what if someone else posted it before? Persinger doesn't even mention Dawkins or the God Helmet in the vid I posted.

What he does mention however is his solid evidence that psi is real. I would very much like to see you address that evidence directly.

But I doubt you will. With all due respect, I think you're full of you-know-what.

edit on 24-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

BlueMule

SuperFrog

You aren't doing a very good job of convincing me that you've watched the vid I posted. So what if someone else posted it before? Persinger doesn't even mention Dawkins or the God Helmet in the vid I posted.

What he does mention however is his solid evidence that psi is real. I would very much like to see you address that evidence directly.

But I doubt you will. With all due respect, I think you're full of you-know-what.

Blue,

thank you for stating what you think. Carter's book would be great material for you, as all what you after is a bit of sensation, mystery and you are capable to believe everything they say.

I asked you to open topic on it, but you rather hijack all other topics, but not with your opinion, but with video.

I asked you many times, and I will ask you again, what do you like to discuss from that video?

I don't need to see it again, I read a bit more about all topics he mentioned, and I can for sure provide you with my own opinion. I actually just did in my last post, but if you've read it and watched video, you might figure it out.

For example, remote viewing. So far no single proof while he claims its true?! As I said many times, if you like to discuss it, open topic and we can, but after you state your opinion.

Just imagine, if I post this vide, and ask you what you think:

And expect you to watch it and take it for true without any discussion... I really believe you some kid, 12-13 year old. Or at least you act as one.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

SuperFrog

For example, remote viewing. So far no single proof while he claims its true?!

Wow. So, did you have your fingers in your ears the whole time you were watching it?

Did you skip the entire segment on Sean Harribance? Persinger made an extraordinary discovery about his brain. Since you claim you've seen the vid, why don't you tell us all about it and tell us why you think it's meaningless.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

SuperFrog

Same goes for horoscope, reading from stars... all other paranormal activities...

My question is, do you really believe paranormal exists??

And more importantly, do you believe it is harmless?

Bonus question is, WHY do those that claim paranormal get so easily offended?

edit on 13-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

Not everyone wants to have an argument over the topic and a debate is not the same thing.I am very open to talk on this subject. But lets discuss your questions.
1) I don't believe in the horoscope or reading from the stars .
2)I know paranormal exist , Unfortunately like everything else sad but true many have turned it into a way to make money even if not qualified to do so.
3)Some get offended not all ,

I am very open to any discussion you wish to have
edit on 25-1-2014 by PrincessOfPhilosophy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What? To believe in something that you are unable to provide examples of? Of course. I believe that human mind can be tricket, and most of so called psychics, including Ingo Swann, mentioned in video that Blue apparantly has not watched yet, are just people tricking everyone else, making living out of someone's superstition.

Well!!!
Now we have a new member who is able to communicate with and see 'the dead'.....

Check out PrincesOfPhilosophy's threads (her post is right above). She has EXAMPLES. I'd love to watch a conversation between the two of you!!!

Ask her some questions!!

edit on 1/25/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

SuperFrog
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Let's not go into God debate here, as first of all, you will not be able to prove it does exist, nor I would be able to prove it does not exist.

But as for paranormal, why, if paranormal really exists, no one (again, bit bigger letters) NO ONE has ever beein able to claim One Million Dollar challenge?!

Before him, Houdini did the same, debunking all those paranormal activities.

How come, no one has ever been able to prove neither one of them wrong?

Edit: for those interested - here is Sylvia Browne's web site - www.sylviabrowne.com...

First, she accepted 1M challenge, but decade later she still did not show up to perform and take prize. Also, many of her 'prediction' were wrong, but people still BELIEVE and give money to get 'reading'....
edit on 13-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

I was wondering if paranormal actually exists.

I wonder if all paranormal is due to peoples active "imagination" , I dont think people actually realize
on how POWERful it really is. On how it influences your world and how it can be brought to life,
only to YOURSELF, why do you guys think, theres never any evidence of paranormal, only'
for the "own" persons record. Now if you have a family with bonded together with said
visual skills, much fun then. Now imagine yourself day dreaming with imagination,
you can invent your own paranormal dimension which exists within your reality.

Paranormal/ghosts/demons/shadow also exists due to body limits example.
Starvation, fasting, insomnia,drugs relapse, prescription meds.
Sleep paralysis, hallucinations during waking up, peripheral vision(
this is a fun one, cause this is what causes a lot of phenomenon.)
Heres a imgur.com... TEST this will show
how screwed up Peripheral vision really is.

I think we try to hard to escape "deatH" of our species, we have to make up the paranormal, to give
us piece of mind.

The human brain is POWERFUL, people dont understand that. We're always evolving.

You would think someone by now would have HARD EVIDENCE of the paranormal with
HD 1080p camera phones available now, you would think we catch a ghost by now
or a miracle created by god, or a DEMON roaming around, instead of blaming the rich people.
With technology the way it is, it killed the paranormal and other mysticism.

Meh who knows, to each person their own stories. And all that there will
ever be, only those stories for their own, not for others.

Only thing I would be afraid of once you reach that "old age" with active imagination.
When Dementia/schizophrenia/Alzheimer's starts to kick in. This is extremely
scary, My grandma didnt hit it til age 90's. And wow the stories she told me,
of her lifetime, were normal and average, now with mental problems; poor dear,
all her fears brought to life, demons, ghosts, angels, interacting with her,
I've taken care of her for some time, never had influence on me.
I have a pretty good idea why her mind snapped
. Wont say though.

For me, im not thankful for imagination/visual/mind eye skills. Later
in life it will bite you in the ass, can be a double edged sword.

Reminds me of those paranormal shows, sad though even they cant catch evidence,
all of its staged, cause you know, its called entertainment, its reality TV,
its cheap $$$ tv made easy without hiring expensive ass actors.

I LOVE TO See someone win One Million Dollar challenge.
So all the skeptics shut up about it already.
Why is it so hard anyway?? See millions of youtube videos lol.
And plus that site is annoying.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
people who have paranormal experiences aren't enemies of reason. in fact, it's the opposite. The only reason it's paranormal is because they can't find the reason no matter how hard they search, because if they could prove it, they would.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join