It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does paranormal exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Only way for you to validate your claim is to apply.

I never did, but I saw many of those who did and all of them failed except one, that turned out to be April 1st joke.

FAQ about OMDPC

Now back to topic, this is multimillion dollar business, all those who speak to spirits, give you reading and many other 'paranormal' things... IMHO, it should be addressed and people should end up in prison for scamming and tricking others.

Sad reality...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

You mean as opposed to THIS James Randi?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

wildtimes

You mean as opposed to THIS James Randi?

You are not kidding... Michael Prescott

Are you sure you like to continue with this non-sense? Giving link to someone making millions on paranormal, and yet here we never saw any of those things tested and repeated in lab?!

This is just proving the point, irrational is selling well, just ask Michael if you don't trust me.

edit on 14-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

SuperFrog
There are so many reports, but NEVER it happened like in public place, in large group of people. Why? If ghost liked to make an impression, wouldn't be better if they do it on larger group?

In 2007 3 fallen watchers rebelled against the initial 200. Here is one caught in a PUBLIC PLACE and WITNESSED by MANY people.

One witness even mentions the word 'ANGEL'.

However, trolls and atheists are easily programmed to deny the truth.

And you guys wonder why demons (like myself) are constantly laughing behind your backs saying 'Come on down, the price (of your denialist souls) is right!'. Chuckle.

i have even spoken to one of these 3 fallen angels. Only a few people seem interested in certain information. So whats the point of giving out information when denialists don't listen anyway ?

If you havn't got the spirit of Jesus Christ in your soul now, you are basically screwed when the veil between this world and the spiritual world shuts down in 2014.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Rapha because: spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Rapha
However, trolls and atheists are easily programmed to deny the truth.

And you guys wonder why demons (like myself) are constantly laughing behind your backs saying 'Come on down, the price (of your denialist souls) is right!'. Chuckle.

i have even spoken to one of these 3 fallen angels. Only a few people seem interested in certain information. So whats the point of giving out information when denialists don't listen anyway ?

If you havn't got the spirit of Jesus Christ in your soul now, you are basically screwed when the veil between this world and the spiritual world shuts down in 2014.

No, no Jesus Christ here, and will keep this reply and remind you about it in 2015.

Any particular day of 2014? (that would make it sooner, wouldn't it?)

So sad what happened to 2012...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

SuperFrog
Only way for you to validate your claim is to apply.

I never did, but I saw many of those who did and all of them failed except one, that turned out to be April 1st joke.

FAQ about OMDPC

So, should I take this as a "no"?

And I don't have a supernatural claim of that sort. Just a couple of weird things that have happened to me, which could be mundane or supernatural, still unsure. So I guess there's no way for me to find out? I really gotta take Randi's word for it, no question asked? Given the massive internet buzz that OMDPC is generating, I'd have expected it to be something concrete. Not just a couple of official statements and hearsay. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

we never saw any of those things tested and repeated in lab?!

Yes, We Did. LOTS of tests, repeated in various labs...HUNDREDS of tests. If you'd open your mind and READ about it, you'd know.

But since you've already answered your own OP question - and had made up your mind all along, I wouldn't expect you to look into the studies that HAVE been done. Or to look at the reviews that I posted.

One day, soon, you'll find out you were wrong (crooked gypsies and phoney mediums and psychics notwithstanding), psi research is being done, and statistical reports show the phenomena are real. Mind over Matter. The two are elemental. One can, and does, interact with the other - it goes BOTH WAYS.

But, whatever. Suit yourself.
edit on 11/14/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cathcart

Not so clear as what you are asking from me. You don't have to have super power to fill and application for challenge. Many other without power did, one more would not hurt.

reply to post by wildtimes

Sorry, but you sound like religious person defending religion by saying that there were many miracles, bible said so.

What lab test show existence of paranormal? Who and under what condition conducted them?

One day, soon, you'll find out you were wrong (crooked gypsies and ohoney mediums and psychics notwithstanding), psi research is being done, and statistical reports show the phenomena are real. Mind over Matter. The two are elemental. One can, and does, interact with the other - it goes BOTH WAYS.

One day, soon...

Mind does interact with matter, we humans are clear proof of that. Not sure if that helps our survivability, as with our minds we are on brink of destroying our planet, but that is material for different topic, just like your paragraph is more suited for religion sub-forum.

As someone who believes in science, my mind will accept changes, as changes are proven and validated. For example, originally we believed that cosmos is 16 billion years old. Today, thanks to advance in technology, we know that age of universe is 13.798 billions of years ±37 million years. Note, this can change as we make further advancement in technology.

There are still some unanswered things, such as how come that cosmos model places star called HD 140283, nicknamed 'Methuselah Star' to be 16 billion years old. There are more interesting things regarding that star, one of them is that star moves at astonishing 800K m/h. Imho, this is magic of our universe, still amazing...

And for end, little bit of fun with real magic... at the end of his Princeton speech, Randi did some of his funny tricks... or should I say - magic.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What lab test show existence of paranormal? Who and under what condition conducted them?

Do you really want to know? Because I could spend five minutes going to get the book off of my table, and finding the pages that show the tests and their results, but I'm not sure you understand how statistics work in research....

OR that you honestly want to know. If you really do, sure, I can go do that. But, your mind is already made up, so what's the point really?

As for sounding "religious" ..... LOL .... I'm as far from religious as a person can get without being an atheist. I am an agnostic. A SKEPTIC, believe it or not. And modern quantum mechanics/science is COMPATIBLE with paranormal. Actually "paranormal" is a misnomer. It isn't "pseudoscience." It's REAL science.

Now, again: DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW?
I spend hours and hours and hours a week reading. I gave you a reference, and you laughed it off. Why beat my head against your brick wall of a brain?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No, just give me a book name where I would find examples of real experiments, but one that I would be able to verify and validate as true scientific experiment. Not something done around spirit board as suggested earlier... I would gladly do reading. I love fantasy and science fiction as well and I already mentioned that I used to read books about paranormal and religion.

Comment about religion was not that you are religious, but sound like religious folks when defending their belief.

@Rapha, sorry forgot to mention your video, noticed bug in far focus camera. Nothing more, sorry.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No, just give me a book name where I would find examples of real experiments,

I already have.

Carter spends a thick section if his book describing the experiments, explaining how stats work to prove a theory valid or not, and references ALL OF THEM.

Rationalwiki is not the best place to reference for this type of subject.

You mocked him, and laughed it off - typical of militant skeptics. Up to you whether you want to read it or not, but the amazon link (from which I c/p several doctors' - of different disciplines - reviews) has lots of info.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

SuperFrog
@Rapha, sorry forgot to mention your video, noticed bug in far focus camera. Nothing more, sorry.

A bug (as mentioned by the newsperson) that didn't move for 1 hour.

Now you go and video me a (pure blue) moth during the night hours that is motionless for 60 minutes whilst in the company of multiple neon lights. LOLOL.

Denielists havn't got a clue whats going on. In fact its almost like a zombie movie.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Your arguments did not address what I was saying in my previous post, about people only believing in the paranormal when bad (or worse) things happen to them, because of them using dangerous things like spirit boards..

When in a controlled environment that nothing ever happens has no argument from me, but what does, is when these things happen to individuals and then they know for themselves as facts, that these things do exist.

The fact that "Joe Scientist" couldn't get any evidence in his laboratory has no relevance to another group of people that got bloody scratches from something that no one could see visibly.

The only ones left still unbelieving are those whom nothing has happened to.

Thus, the tenet of my previous post is still valid, that you won't believe it until it happens to you personally, and you still have not acknowledged this..

Coming up with other arguments about science findings about spirit boards in a controlled or uncontrolled environment does nothing to address that other group who received bleeding claw marks on their backs.

All it does is allow you to continue to live in your own bubble wrapped dream world of denial, where nothing super natural exists.
edit on 14-11-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Sure, let's go that road.

Did you ever experience marks like that?

Have you been present when someone else did experience mark like that?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

SuperFrog

Not so clear as what you are asking from me. You don't have to have super power to fill and application for challenge. Many other without power did, one more would not hurt.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I guess this alleviates my doubts a little. Might give it a try one day.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

SuperFrog

thebtheb
Have you been living under a rock? There are hundreds of examples of paranormal events happening to more than one person. One of the most interesting was in Italy a few decades ago, or maybe 20 years or so ago, thousands of people saw in the sky, an apparition of the virgin Mary. The thing is, only half of them saw that, while the other half saw what they described as UFOs while looking at the same sky.

Let me translate this to you, half of them when viewing something out of ordinary connected that to virgin Mary, other half to UFO. It is all brain doing, as Randi explained in beginning of his Ted Talk.

No, they're all seeing SOMETHING but it's so unknown and so out of their paradigm that they are automatically translating it in terms that make sense to them. Religious people translate it to religious terms, others to UFOs. This is very similar to when Europeans first landed on North American soil. The natives at the time had never imagined or seen or even conceived of a boat as large as the Europeans had. The natives literally couldn't see it even though it was anchored out at sea in front of them. One by one, they started to see it and eventually they all did.

So my example of the Italian sighting is very similar. Maybe it wasn't UFOs or the Virgin Mary - something was there, but no one understood what it was.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

SuperFrog

thebtheb
I mean, there are thousands and thousands upon thousands of reports of say, ghosts. I just don't think EVERYONE is lying, or that everyone is delusional, or that everyone made it up for attention or whatever. It's the opposite of reason to assume that none of them are something unexplainable considering how many of them there are.

Thank you for proving my point. There are so many reports, but NEVER it happened like in public place, in large group of people. Why? If ghost liked to make an impression, wouldn't be better if they do it on larger group?

To believe one single person's account, well that depends on who that person is. For me it's one single person's account, but the sheer number of similar stories not just now, but spanning centuries. To me, it again lacks reason to assume none of them can be true or that they can all be relegated to "a scientific explanation." People are always trying to "explain" these things, which to me, usually means some way of making sure that their everyday, "normal" perception of reality stays intact. So they find a way to fit these things into that, or dismiss them as hallucination. None of that makes sense or has reason or logic to me.

Many similar stories do not prove much, do they, without single of them being repeatable?

In fact, some of the explanations that have been brought forward for various paranormal phenomena are actually crazier sounding and more ridiculous or impossible sounding than the experiences they are trying to debunk.

Really, care to show an example?

And then there are my own experiences. The main one being when I was 7 years old, I was lying in bed and saw myself come running into the room and the corner of my bed and jump INTO me. Being only 8, I knew it was odd, but I wasn't too bothered by it (like I might be now!) and I just went to sleep. Next day my sister told me she had seen me in her room in the middle of the night, but when she got out of bed to go over to me, I was gone.

7 or 8?

So whatever, I was there. I know the difference between a dream and reality. I was awake and it happened. And yes, I would be offended if someone told me I was lying.

So for me, that and a few other experiences lead me to quite easily believe that paranormal is quite real.
I am not saying you are lying, but dreaming. Yes, quite possible. But why would you be offended? Are all of your memories when you were 7 or 8 that crystal clear? How can you tell it was real? Most importantly, does your experience make you unique?

And no, I never experienced anything like that. Not even when as kid I was hit by bike. It was fuzzy, true, but nothing... no paradise...

The only thing I'll bother responding to is your saying I was dreaming. Well, again, I was there. You weren't. No, not every memory when I'm 7 or 8 is crystal clear, but that one was. I suppose I dreamed the next day at the dinner table when my sister mentioned her experience? This is what I was talking about - why would I lie? And even if I did, thousands, probably millions of people with strange experiences - they can't all be dreaming, and they can't all be lying. It's really logical if you apply the sheer numbers to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

wildtimes

we never saw any of those things tested and repeated in lab?!

Yes, We Did. LOTS of tests, repeated in various labs...HUNDREDS of tests. If you'd open your mind and READ about it, you'd know.

But since you've already answered your own OP question - and had made up your mind all along, I wouldn't expect you to look into the studies that HAVE been done. Or to look at the reviews that I posted.

One day, soon, you'll find out you were wrong (crooked gypsies and phoney mediums and psychics notwithstanding), psi research is being done, and statistical reports show the phenomena are real. Mind over Matter. The two are elemental. One can, and does, interact with the other - it goes BOTH WAYS.

But, whatever. Suit yourself.

Not only that, but such verifiable studies have been being performed since the 60s. It's the same thing as always, the media highlights the ones that show no results, and ignores the ones that do - but the ones that do still exist. The public mind refuses to accept this, so the media continues to reject it. Doesn't make it any less real.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You go first... Would you believe this was paranormal and real if you were to receive scratches like this when you know that nothing visible was next to you.?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Does the paranormal exist?

I would have to say that with over 200 pages of experiences from members here in my paranormal thread, the answer is, YES!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join