It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest guitarist in the world, Vahid Iran Shahi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

malmsteen does nothing for me. his arpeggios from hell on his scalloped fretboard.
meh
malmsteen has been doing the same legato runs from the same scales for 20 years.
i love fast, technical playing but not from him.

for that type of stuff i will take buckethead, gilbert, becker over him anyday.

just my taste

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

my definition of fast is the amount of multiple notes played simultaneously whilst still making sense...

Joe Satriani all the way! he's probably the greatest asset we've had since Hendrix... the man has fluidity and continuity.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I can do that. But not by using a pick, a pick is for wimps. Have to use all five fingers on the left hand, four on the right, and mix it up so the subtle sounds can be intertwined between the hard beats at the same time, sort of like a controlled hum that can be formed into a voice-like tone. Cats like it, and sit there staring at me. True story. One of the tricks is to practice the subtlety by practicing hitting both the string you want and the space in-between the strings at will, with as much or as little pressure as you choose, from a height of about 18 inches. Then when you've got that down, playing right next to the strings is much easier, but sadly that is also for wimps. Electric guitar is for wimps. Give me a non-wimp 12-string and back away.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

i dig satriani. not all of his stuff but a good deal.
i love the mystical potato head groove thing. satch boogie is cool. the little tapping section if awesome.
his guitar with the silver surfer on the back is choice as well. he is a hell of an instructor.
he breaks things down real well so its easy for people to understand.

he is heavy on the whammy which turns me off

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

I always seen Satriani as pretty conservative on the bar compared to say Steve Vai. I like Vai's Passion and Warfare release but that is about the extent. Vai is the definition of narcissist and I never could catch on to it.

-

Satriani is definitely out of this world, his music is different indeed... and it is heavy on the feeling not the technicality. The harmonic control from another 6 banger twanger is unmatched to my ear. I can't say there is any release I do not like, but the first seven albums would probably be my favorite.
some people go for the show, and all those eventide ultra harmonizers... but Satriani is just much more raw, his setup consists of a pedal board with a wah pedal and a nice amount of good ole spring reverb.
edit on th482713p0900000027R48 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmm..... well well well.
im not a guitar head at all. im not into rock, metal, etc. im more of a dance music person. BUT, im really liking the guitar solo's you guys have put up. Steve Vai? Thats some amazing sounds he's getting out of that guitar. im not not sure about all the faces he's making, jeez at one stage i thought he was gonna pull his d*** out and slap it off it, but hey, he was telling a story so it was good.
This Satriani bloke. Some of you claim him to be best.
i'd like to see his "best" solo.
Actually, could youz put up your favourite guitar solo of all time?
i really liked the Vai and Satriani one's and i'd really like to see a few more.
i only really heard of Hendrix so im a total novice.
i really would'nt know who to search for, so dont be lazy, put the actual video up....
Thanks for all the replies people, im really enjoying this thread

ETA i started this thread with the fastest guitarist in the world video, which is apparently a fake, but now i really want to see some amazing guitar solo's. Put them up people!!!!
edit on 1/12/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

pretty much every solo and all the guitar work this guy ever recorded are among my top 10 desert island must have.

edit on st501813p11u18R50 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Alex

Dave

Randy

Joe, first fave solos and songs heard

there is almost too many to list, unless I skip the fanfare classics

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

CardiffGiant
he is heavy on the whammy which turns me off

I forgot to really address that
but it is mostly only on the highly weird songs like Musterion that he is heavy on the whammy bar. Alot of the whammy is actually just bends with excellent harmonic control coming off the thumb while he's picking the note.

the control over those harmonics during the bend is part of what makes him amazing to most, recognition of it or not. Satriani flows so seamlessly in from one mode to the next also, it is composed music... A cool new way.
you can view peoples cover tunes of his songs to determine it is not so heavy on the whammy but only on certain songs.

teacher of Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett... what can ya say eh?

example in G♪

edit on th043613p03u36R04 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join