It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest guitarist in the world, Vahid Iran Shahi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This guy approaches the speed of light in this video
i'll post it as soon as i pick my jaw up from the floor...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Yngwie Malmsteen, period.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Yeah ive read that somewhere, i just used the video title
But thanks for the comment there

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Carreau

^This. Anybody that can play arpeggios that fast WITHOUT sweeping them is ridiculous. Far as I know he's the only one I've seen do it.
Saw Yngwie play a Hendrix set live, and it blew my mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Carreau

I second that.....

Scary fast and every note crystal clear!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was gonna say that guys like Michelangelo Batio or Paul Gilbert were just as fast until he hit the nitro button at 3:48.
Unreal. I've never seen anyone shred on an acoustic, let alone at Mach speed. Awesome post.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Holy bumblebee, Batman, those fingers are taking flight! Now there's someone who practiced! My fingers would be jelly, and I studied music for over ten years. He has endurance too. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
UN flipping real, I play and that's scary fast, granted looks like the same scale over and over but think of the hours spent on that scale alone.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'll bite...

Let this thread be a lesson to to all ATS members that believe everything they see on YouTube. You've been hooked like fish.

www.youtube.com...

YT has been acting funny, so I'll just leave a link. Also, a basic search will reveal another YT hack playing the song at 999 BPM's. Faker than Milli Vanilli. Bubble burst. You're welcome kids.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

Oh my. Thanks for showing how it's done.
Aboutface is returning to earth now...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I see your 350 and raise you 1000.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

That should not matter. At all. Its not speed...but a combination of dexterity and substance of composition.

Blues guitarists can say more with 3 long drawn out notes... than ripping 30.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Sounds horrible. Like Dragon Force.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Tuned Agent

I'll bite...

Let this thread be a lesson to to all ATS members that believe everything they see on YouTube. You've been hooked like fish.

www.youtube.com...

YT has been acting funny, so I'll just leave a link. Also, a basic search will reveal another YT hack playing the song at 999 BPM's. Faker than Milli Vanilli. Bubble burst. You're welcome kids.

Well this is ATS member that does'nt believe everything i see on youtube. i didnt claim him to be the fastest guitarist in the world, thats the title of the video. And as far as i know, according to the t&c's here you must use the title of the video if its the basis of your thread. Or something like that.
But hey, thanks for debunking the video and bursting my bubble. im all deflated now...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Theres speed... then theres Malmsteen

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
sorry, This man has all the speed, timing, control, clarity, and ability. You should see the amount of songs and the complexity he has. There is none better IMO. There are more well known, but none can really touch this guy in a technical sense. Listen to more, like "soothsayer" "padmasana" "whitewash" and many more. He has real speed and the only one I have found to play four finger tapping so fast and perfect. His sweeps are insane.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I had one of the first tape decks that allowed you to speed up or lower your tempo to half speed. It was a blast playing along leads at half speed then doubling to normal. It makes anyone sound like Yngwie, who I would also agree is probably the fastest guitarist around.
But then speed and technical proficiency never amounted to great music in my mind. I much prefer guitar work at any speed that tries to be original or manages to convey some emotional content. BB King, Frank Zappa, John McLaughlin, Jeff Beck - those are the guys I think are the true masters of guitar.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Malmsteen isn't any faster than Batio. Batio was voted fastest in the world by the readers of Guitar world Magazine.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

mysterioustranger

That should not matter. At all. Its not speed...but a combination of dexterity and substance of composition.

Blues guitarists can say more with 3 long drawn out notes... than ripping 30.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

Why shouldn't it matter? Speed is cool. Its crazy technical ability. Of course speed isn't everything and there's probably better players than him, however, this video is about SPEED.
Having said that, looks like this video is probably a hoax.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the amazing thing about instruments is that some people have the ability to show their "soul" through playing. Its just an incredible facet of music to me.

Speed is one thing, and can be impressive, but its kind of "meh" to me. It only comes to the verge of interesting to me when its multiple people playing perfectly in sync at incredible speeds.

Its also amazing how one can manipulate things in this digital age.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join