It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Canyon to be flooded for five days to create beaches for campers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Who knows what the truth is. However, my best efforts have mostly convinced me that the Egyptian artifacts stuff was a hoax.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I think the archaeological site angle is probably a public relations or professional interest group angle.

I think most of such sites in the Canyon have been researched and are likely super redundant near the water level. Anything of any significance was likely erased during normal flood seasons before the dam was built. I think it's a straw dog.

nope not a straw dog.

first link about 9 site that were explored and recovered recently as 2009, from the NPS ( National Park Service).

The NPS/MNA excavation project was the first major archaeological excavation to occur along the river corridor in Grand Canyon in nearly 40 years. The NPS has a “preservation-in-place” mandate, and excavates archaeological sites only when they cannot be stabilized and preserved in place. These sites were disappearing due to erosion; artifacts were literally washing into the river.
Grand Canyon River Archeology Virtual Tour

this article from the Smithsonian web site. all through the article you see reference to not being able to enter areas or it is forbidden explore. they try and make out like it's a safety thing or preservation. but all over the world there are sites that are dangerous to get to that archaeologist go to and explore and dig all the time.

(Because there must be dozens, or even hundreds, of figurines yet to be discovered, the park service forbids exploration of the caves in the Redwall band, should anyone be bold enough to try.)
Below the Rim

it's plain to see there is something that they don't want discovered and made known to the world.
you just got to pay attention to what they are not saying, and things they say that doesn't fit.

edit on 11-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Quite willing to stand corrected.

My info is very old on all that stuff.

I certainly wouldn't be totally surprised to learn that a certain secret society had all manner of . . . fingers in the pie in the area. Just look at the names of the various pinnacles and butes.

Thx thx.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Here's a youtube video showing the pre and post building of Glen Canyon Damn entering the grand canyon.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There's a scientific reason. It is to distribute sediment and like many others said to help the natural flow. It is not for campers. It helps to actually look at their local news and more than just one article.

www.sltrib.com...

www.azfamily.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
this is what makes me suspicious,

and to protect archaeological sites

what better way to hide or destroy things you don't want seen, than to bury it under tons of sand, in a area that you can't dig because it is protected by the federal government.
edit on 11-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Moreover, to recover things when there is no water flowing down river.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Ok, now you really have my imagination running away with me. Release more water and silt, get things stirred up real good. Then the water recedes back to were it was. What kinds of things are going to show up?

Would be interesting to know, if when they have done this in the past, were there archeology teams let in? More park rangers present in the area? Wouldn't they be worried about the average joe finding more historical items?

Now I want to go!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join