It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Canyon to be flooded for five days to create beaches for campers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Found this on Steve Quayles site.

from Steve Quayle site
Grand Canyon to be flooded for five days to create beaches for campers :THIS IS EXTREMELY SUSPICIOUS .........WONDER IF THE CALL A FEW WEEKS AGO FOR EMERGENCY ROOM PERSONNEL AND NURSES TO BE NEEDED FOR A FEDERAL FACILITY AT BOTTOM OF CANYON IS RELATED HERE

Grand Canyon to be flooded for five days to create beaches for campers

An abundance of sand in the Colorado River is giving federal officials an opportunity to flood the waterway through the Grand Canyon.
The high-flow experiment starts Monday and is meant to create beaches for campers and sandbars and to protect archaeological sites.
It's scheduled to last five days.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

does this sound suspicious to you guys?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Suspecious I do not know...

But I think a large negative impact on the animals living on the banks and cliffs...

This could be erasing habitats.

Strange for a few campers...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Actually is't something they do every few years to help return the river to it's natural state as much as possible. Camping areas are just one of the results, deep water pockets are another as the sand is scowered out. The beaches make it easier for some animals to access the water and the hole scrub out makes deep water habatats

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Edit: After actually reading the story,
I just wonder now why they don't do this more often, for a more "natural" flow, like before the damn was built.
edit on 11-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: change

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Tis doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, seems like a waste of time and money. There are plenty os beaches with erosion problems that could use the sand....like jersey shore, ....Miami....maybe they re trying to create tourism in the grand canyon? ...but I would think this would also,upset the balance of nature some what...
And what was the meaning of "the call for nurses? " i don't understand...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
this is what makes me suspicious,

and to protect archaeological sites

what better way to hide or destroy things you don't want seen, than to bury it under tons of sand, in a area that you can't dig because it is protected by the federal government.
edit on 11-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I would love to see an old film of the waters running natural thru the Canyon, just as they did before humans decided they needed Las Vegas (no, no, not complaining, Viva LV). I'd also love to see a film of Niagara Falls before humans like Tesla stopped it's flow - now it runs at maybe 25 percent of how it's supposed to run, according to Ma Nature. Anyone know of any footage of either? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Starred; gotta keep an eye on this. The story is questionable at best, and the idea invoked memories of flooding the Coluseo for naval battles; ancient "sport" is becoming more and more prevalent. Football,are you kidding me? Energy vampires abound.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That is the one part of the story, that really didn't make much sense to me. How are they protecting these sites by flooding? I don't understand how that works.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Anytime humans try to one up Mother Nature they screw things up. Its nice to see them try to follow her example instead of prove her wrong though. I don't know about it being a conspiracy but you never know. Seems legit. The water will rise slow enough that wildlife will be able to get out of the way instead of being washed away, to whoever it was that was concerned.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Trying to find a GC webcam showing the river. Not having any luck. You all can help find one if you want, or if we even can.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

by covering them up from prying eyes, then restricting access to them.

if you can't see them, your not gonna want to dig them.
if you don't dig them, you can't harm them.

if they are covered up and can't be seen, the average vacationer or camper won't be tempted to take souvenirs.
that's what they will say any way.

who would like to take a guess at the real reason why.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The only part that is suspicious is "Steve Quayle"....his predictions are about as accurate as Sorcha Faal's.

Which is a pretty low accuracy rate.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

LOL well, I know those reasons, but really, why even mention it in the article the way they did? Just to stir up the conspiracy theorists?

It is definitely odd. And just made me think about a thread I read about a long time ago, about the supposed find in the grand canyon with all the Egyptian artifacts.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

And just made me think about a thread I read about a long time ago, about the supposed find in the grand canyon with all the Egyptian artifacts.

well that was going to be part of my next post, as a highly speculative reason.

here are two others that i was thinking of.

there may be evidence of who were the first and true ancestors of the Native Americans. and maybe prove that man and dinosaurs did actually walk the earth at the same time.

there could be much down in the cannon that the river has exposed and could be used to cover it up.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I worked at the Grand Canyon South rim 40 or so years ago. So my close hand info is dated. Still, I've tried to pay attention to what's going on with the canyon over the years.

I don't know what the medical personnel would be for . . . unless they are concerned a pack of tourists might get caught somehow hazardously in the larger water flow.

Otherwise, it's fairly routine.

There have been big arguments over the years about doing this and how much and to what benefit etc. IIRC, the earlier efforts were successful in terms of their goals.

I gather that Glen Canyon was constructed in a way that they have some capacity to push some of the sand, sediments through those big pipes down river from the dam. That could help extend the life of the dam a lot. Could be less helpful to Hoover Dam.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

EartOccupant
Suspecious I do not know...

But I think a large negative impact on the animals living on the banks and cliffs...

This could be erasing habitats.

As I understand the effects of their earlier efforts, more habitats were created than erased. Besides, were the dam not there, many habitats would be created AND ERASED routinely during periodic flood seasons.

The clearer, non-sediment bearing water typically destroys more habitats than are created IF the flow of such is too great--IIRC. However, normally, the water flow does not vary that much except for such exercises.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

chiefsmom

Edit: After actually reading the story,
I just wonder now why they don't do this more often, for a more "natural" flow, like before the damn was built.
edit on 11-11-2013 by chiefsmom because: change

The desert Southwest and Southern California desperately need the water conservation.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think the archaeological site angle is probably a public relations or professional interest group angle.

I think most of such sites in the Canyon have been researched and are likely super redundant near the water level. Anything of any significance was likely erased during normal flood seasons before the dam was built. I think it's a straw dog.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Aleister

I would love to see an old film of the waters running natural thru the Canyon, just as they did before humans decided they needed Las Vegas (no, no, not complaining, Viva LV). I'd also love to see a film of Niagara Falls before humans like Tesla stopped it's flow - now it runs at maybe 25 percent of how it's supposed to run, according to Ma Nature. Anyone know of any footage of either? Thanks.

It may be that Emery Clifford Kolb's hand crank black and white movies of trips through the Grand Canyon in 1911 etc. are on Youtube, I don't know. You can get them at the Grand Canyon on DVD.

He lived at the head of Bright Angel Trail from 1904 on . . . until his death at 90+ He took pics of the mule trains daily all those years. His pic files are at Northern Arizona University's Library Special Collections Dept. He also took hand crank black and white movie film of 3 trips through the Canyon, IIRC. At least 2 trips.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join