It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facial Recognition (Battlefield Technology) is Now Being Used on a Mass Scale in San Diego

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Halverson had run the woman’s photograph through the Tactical Identification System, a new mobile facial recognition technology now in the hands of San Diego-area law enforcement. In an instant, the system matches images taken in the field with databases of about 348,000 San Diego County arrestees. The system itself has nearly 1.4 million booking photos because many people have multiple mug shots on record.

Here we go. Some of us were insisting they were already doing this.

The use of this technology was rolled out without any public hearings or notice. In turn, the secrecy of the program has alarmed privacy experts and raised questions about whether San Diego is the leading edge of an alarming future – one in which few people escape cataloging in a government database.

Talk about stealing our Liberty. Nobody seems to mind. Do you realize the implications?

“Photographs are neutral – you can’t say it’s racist when a camera is taking a neutral picture of someone,” said Halverson, the Chula Vista officer. “It’s hitting on certain points of contact. It’s doing a neutral analysis of a person.”

Not calling the camera racist....I'm calling on you to explain yourselves.

Biometrics is a multibillion-dollar-a-year industry, with more than 70 percent of spending by the military, domestic law enforcement and the government, according to the Los Angeles Times. Next year, the FBI will unveil its Next Generation Identification system, a nationwide database of biometric information on criminal suspects and convicts that will replace the bureau’s current national database of fingerprints, corresponding criminal records and notes from past field interviews.

That's right...Coming to a town near you.

“We were given a false bargain,” Keenan said. “We were told that this kind of control is to prevent another 9/11, and in fact, it’s going to be used to fight the drug war, to pursue other policies where we would not have bargained away our privacy back at that time if we knew that was the tradeoff.”

Wake up America....This is enough. We must draw a line now.

www.publicCEO.com

edit on 11-11-2013 by whyamIhere because: Added battlefield to title

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

As this software becomes embedded in more cameras from intersections to malls it will (or already does) keep "filed" every bodies movement. Average Joe was seen sitting in car at intersection, at the ATM cam and in the Mall near his home. Like credit card receipts, computers will record your movements just in case they ever need to verify where you have been. Not because you are wanted, but because you one day might be.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Facial recognition is just stupid. Don't they know that many people look like other people?

How many time did one crossed someone who looked like a popular actor or some signer?

www.google.ca...

edit on 11-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think potentially they'll use drones not to kill criminal people but to incapacitate them so they can be arrested and confined in jail for trial. The drones will be able to capture more people as well, so less will escape. I think this will increase the number of people in jail. I also think they'll classify many crimes as originating from mental disorders. So they'll start pscyhiatric programs for those who're incarcerated or those who have been to determine the extent of their mental disorders. They'll not just identify you by what's on the outside but by what's on the inside.

So what happens in a world where criminals are people with mental disorders and swarm-drones and satellites and information spying have a constant eye on things? Does the world cure itself of crime or are they unable to cure the mental disorders? And what does all this mean for war? Will war move to space and other planets and moons where international government will be less able to keep an eye on things? Or will they find a way to cure us of war, so people won't desire to fight each other?

I think criminals will find ways to escape the spying and the swarm-drones and so on. I also think mental disorders will be hard to control, since new ones will emerge. There will be people who try to break free from the control and how can you stop that? If people escape into space and onto other moons and planets, it will be harder to keep an iron grip on them because of the distances and technological issues.
edit on 11-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This has been in London for a while now and i wouldnt be surprised if its the same system.

I just hope if a face ever comes up mistakenly, the camera systems will be able to prove their innocence also.

Justice is about proving innocence as well as guilt, some places seem to be forgetting that and stopping at the first road block, giving up.

I wonder if all the CCTV stays permanently recorded?
That doesnt bother me because im not a criminal, but whats to stop a jealous or ex stalking their ex partner or maybe kids? Im just saying with great power comes great responsibility, so the powers that be better make sure the people in control are the best of humans and not TSA style handing out of the keys to security guards.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
These really are crazy times that we live in.
They are really pushing the use of biometrics lately, in more ways than one. My husband has been approached twice now for both of our biometric measurements. They are convincing people that it will lower healthcare costs and are offering incentives to come in and provide those measurements.

How easy will it be to track someone who voluntarily supplies this information to the system, up to and including gait measurements? I am still waiting on more printed materials about this program, but they are pretty careful about not handing out the packet until someone signs up.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
How has our world turned into such a twisted version of 1984, Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That doesnt bother me because im not a criminal

And that is why the whole police state is growing with almost no opposition.

Be careful because the definition of criminal is now quite broad.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I can't face this concept. I know sick joke

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Yes, they are dismissing minor charges for DNA in Southern California.

It's the potential of misuse that scares me. Look what the NSA did with their power.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Facial recognition is just stupid. Don't they know that many people look like other people?

How many time did one crossed someone who looked like a popular actor or some signer?

The software that recognizes people doesn't count close facsimiles. Like fingerprints or DNA, a scan by computer of your facial patterns is unique to you. Because of differing factors at the collection point the software will assign a probability number (in percent) from the data collected.

You can defeat it if you wear a brimmed hat or grow a beard for instance. The data collected from cameras is only one method of tracking you. If you have a car with a license plate, a credit card or a cell phone with a battery in it…

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

roadgravel

That doesnt bother me because im not a criminal

And that is why the whole police state is growing with almost no opposition.

44,000 Laws on the books...everyone is a criminal.

Apathy should not apply to our Rights.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

And the punishment more severe. Shooting at fleeing suspects was unheard of when I was a kid. And there was never a charge for that tacked onto the original reason why they chased you. Now running from the cops is a felony… if you survive.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Think about that.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I beat you to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Morning,

Facial recognition...cap, shades & hoodie sorta fix that.
Then we'll have gait recognition just like in the UK...where I assume the epileptics will be the only anonymous citizens? Imagine going through the regimen of learning different walks, then having to mix them up as you travelled?
Then they'll want DNA or Pheromone Sniffers..."Sir, we pulled you over for speeding but have you been eating a lot of asparagus?"
Like everyone isn't already lowjacked enough by their cars, phones, medical implants, ankle monitors, google glasses and what not?
The tyranny is right in your face but people are still distracted by the "pretty lights".
I think people are so preoccupied by what it can do FOR them that no one is thinking about what it can do TO them.
Violating the right to privacy is what they were designed to facilitate.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

grey580

I beat you to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish I would of found that...

I hate making threads on an I-Pad.

Sad part is nobody seems to care.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But of course they only have our best interests in mind right?

It's ridiculous what they are doing, and even scarier how many people are volunteering the material. I have also seen genealogy websites asking for DNA. But only to make your search easier of course
I have also seen a lot of interesting new lit poles here around our larger intersections that include cameras. I wouldn't be surprised it this technology isn't being used in many more places than they are admitting to.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

woodsmom

It's ridiculous what they are doing, and even scarier how many people are volunteering the material. I have also seen genealogy websites asking for DNA. But only to make your search easier of course
I have also seen a lot of interesting new lit poles here around our larger intersections that include cameras. I wouldn't be surprised it this technology isn't being used in many more places than they are admitting to.

It the "if you are not doing anything wrong" crowd...That drives me nuts.

It is like they have no concept of what Freedom means.

Liberty is not just a word on a flag...It was won.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well now instead of wasting my time demanding from sociopathic deviants that these abuses be halted

one should take matters into ones own hands

there's a special paint for license plates which screws up the scanners

all sorts of ways to jam/blind cameras

doesn't matter how many millions in cameras they waste,

a cheap laser pointer makes that irrelevant

Infrared LEDs make you invisible to CCTV cameras - Boing Boing

on the bright side using warpaint could become fashionable
or New Wave fashions could make a comeback

and let's not forget:
the primary blame for all this voyeurism is in the taxpayers lap
for financially enabling these peeping toms.

Stop paying for your own enslavement and destruction peeps.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

woodsmom

I often take long walks around 12-2am
thanks to that I was the 1st to notice public employees making mucho dinero overtime putting up cams on all the
street posts and traffic lights during the wee hours.
funny how the municipality of san juan, PR is claiming near bankruptcy yet there was money for all those miles of cams and paying overtime so as to install them on the QT and without any opposition,

months later, and I'm still seeing shocked expressions when I point the cameras out to people.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join