Facial Recognition (Battlefield Technology) is Now Being Used on a Mass Scale in San Diego

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by intrptr

Think about that.

umm, mmm, we're the terrorists?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

A friend of mine had that software used on him a few years
Back. An Employee of the Translink Skytrain police used to to get
a backgroumd check on a man his ex girlfiend was seeing, to try
and scare her into leaving him.

¤This story may or may not be true¤

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I agree, and there are too many people who feel that if you've done nothing wrong, you don't have to worry. So often I am disheartened by people's ability to stick their heads in the sand. On a brighter note, more people are seeing it at least. I got an email from an aunt saying she missed me on FB, but that I was right and they are continually becoming more invasive. For everyone else, I guess they just don't care honestly, as long as it doesn't interfere with their comfort and convenience. Personal freedom doesn't mean much when it interferes with convenience or the status quo. It's got to be the main reason that things have been allowed to progress so far.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do you know how many rioters the facial recognition software found in the CCTV footage from London?

Bare in mind that was not real time, those were helicopters, store cameras etc, with the footage fed into 'the machine' well after the fact.

The only numbers i could find, went numbers, it was one number.... and that number was one.

They caught one guy. One. I find it hard to believe all the rest of the rioters were spooks, immigrants and whatever with no photo on record.

So chill out a little bit, while these systems, perfectly tuned could work, right now they suck. Especially since the people doing the terror attacks and high crime wont be on any database anyway..... you have to ask, why waste money with a method that actually cant work.

Make no mistake, these systems are to stop you parking illegally, punish litter droppers and chase down poor shop lifters. At least for now.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What about twins and look-a-likes?

Someone could pull a pretty awesome alabi for a crime with an identical twin. Commit crime in CCTV zone and escape.

Make sure the other twin is alone at the time, when you are both questioned you both have alabi's which neither can be confirmed!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Biigs
What about twins and look-a-likes?

Someone could pull a pretty awesome alabi for a crime with an identical twin. Commit crime in CCTV zone and escape.

Make sure the other twin is alone at the time, when you are both questioned you both have alabi's which neither can be confirmed!

I would rather just fool the technology. The way facial recognition works is that it looks at certain facial measurements, if you're interested in them these positions are well documented as they're used heavily by artists. Some of these are the width of the nose, distance between the eyes, height of the eyes, and so on. There's an average of all of these values for the typical person and what makes each person unique is in the minor differences from the stock template. If you can alter enough of these facial recognition will be fooled. The area from your lips up to above the top of your eyes is what you're looking to obscure. That covers your mouth, cheeks, nose width, nose length, nose starting point, nose ending point, facial width, eye spacing, eye height, eye width, and eye color. There may be a couple others, I didn't do so well in my art classes so I could be missing a few from the template. You can obscure this with certain beard styles, spfx type makeup, and sunglasses. If you can pass as being influenced by asian culture you can get away with wearing a facemask for germs which combined with sunglasses can obscure a lot.

The other alternative is to illuminate your face with high intensity IR light, which will block the cameras view of you.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hope that you all realize that facial recognition is now being captured on ALL identity documents in ALL states in the US.

The real reason why they tried pushing the photo requirements on the voter's registration card was because it was the only “b-list” identity document that didn't require facial recognition. The new immigration bill requires the use of DHS's E-Verify system as proof of US residence for employment, and E-Verify will not accept the voters ID anymore as it does not contain biometric facial recognition. All the push in all the new laws, from requiring healthcare providers place records online, to the voters registration card photo, to the new immigration bill, to professional licensing, to obamacare, and so on, are all ultimately to serve one purpose... To get all your records linked into one database, and that database linked to your biometric facial recognition.

BTW... States such as Florida are already using facial recognition linked into the DMV database for real time tracking of drivers on the road. The FBI just spent $3 billion on buying FR camera systems to be installed throughout the country.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

defcon5
I hope that you all realize that facial recognition is now being captured on ALL identity documents in ALL states in the US.

The real reason why they tried pushing the photo requirements on the voter's registration card was because it was the only “b-list” identity document that didn't require facial recognition. The new immigration bill requires the use of DHS's E-Verify system as proof of US residence for employment, and E-Verify will not accept the voters ID anymore as it does not contain biometric facial recognition. All the push in all the new laws, from requiring healthcare providers place records online, to the voters registration card photo, to the new immigration bill, to professional licensing, to obamacare, and so on, are all ultimately to serve one purpose... To get all your records linked into one database, and that database linked to your biometric facial recognition.

BTW... States such as Florida are already using facial recognition linked into the DMV database for real time tracking of drivers on the road. The FBI just spent $3 billion on buying FR camera systems to be installed throughout the country.

There's no real way to stop them from putting up FR cameras or creating a database from ID's. I'm not even 100% against the idea of FR cameras existing. I have a very big problem with massive databases being built to track people however. This sort of tracking is the most dangerous technology invented since nuclear weapons because the next logical step from recording people is to analyze patterns of likely criminals. This WILL lead to precrime and destroys any concept of probable cause or innocent until proven guilty. That's why everyone should take measures to block these cameras from identifying you.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Aazadan
There's no real way to stop them from putting up FR cameras or creating a database from ID's. I'm not even 100% against the idea of FR cameras existing. I have a very big problem with massive databases being built to track people however.

Unfortunately you cannot have it both ways. If they have the biometric database, and cameras, then by default they can track you. When one of those cameras picks you up, it breaks your photo down into your FR measurements, which it can quickly query against an indexed table to retrieve your ID. As the cameras are in fixed locations, they can tell when you crossed that camera, if not because the DB marks it, simply based on when the search was queried against the DB. Florida is already using it as such. They have installed FR cameras that are designed to take the drivers photo through the windshield of the vehicle, even through glare on the glass, to snap a FR photo. Because of this, they know every time and place that you have crossed a FR enabled camera along any route you travel.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oops, we meant to arrest Paul Revere, sorry Jack.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

The new systems are working out all those “bugs”, as of now they can still pick you up even if wearing a hat, glasses, facial hair, or even attempting to obscure part of your face.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

don't you just love people that say "There's nothing wrong with taking away our freedom, as long as you don't do anything wrong, everything will be fine and you won't get in trouble."

These sort of people are as blind as a rock and they don't even realize they are blind. They think it's normal.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

yeaok

don't you just love people that say "There's nothing wrong with taking away our freedom, as long as you don't do anything wrong, everything will be fine and you won't get in trouble."

These sort of people are as blind as a rock and they don't even realize they are blind. They think it's normal.

Its quite ignorant to blame the blind for being blind.

They were raised that way deliberately, it is your duty to spread the truth as you see it for those that cannot.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Biigs

yeaok

Its quite ignorant to blame the blind for being blind.

They were raised that way deliberately, it is your duty to spread the truth as you see it for those that cannot.

You are right, you can't blame the blind for being blind. But wouldn't it be ignorant trying to teach a blind to see?

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join