It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans* ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Who are we to judge? You do what you feel is right.

Your avatar brought back some good memories of me and my brother watching telly.
"Powdered Toastmaaaaan!"

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Nothing but support from me. Trying to be what you are not, can lead to depression and anger.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm sure people would describe me as conservative; but for me that is a political thing. I don't think anyone should ever feel ashamed of who they are. You are who you are, and that is a beautiful thing. No one can take that away from you. Don't give others power over you by letting their derision or even just imagined hostility limit you. That is a very hard thing to do, but you will be amazed at what you can do by taking it all one little step at a time. Sometimes just getting through each second is enough.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Not one negative post...

Says a lot about ATS.

Good Luck OP....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Toast, I don't know you but there is something I want to share with you. I read it in a book called The Ascension Papers a while ago and it struck me as really right and true. It went something like this:

Don't worry about other people's judgements. They tell you nothing about you and everything about the other person.

Something like that. I've just quoted from memory.

But think about that for a while. It's really pretty cool. And it really helps me when I encounter people that won't accept me as I am.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Some words of advice...and hope. Go forward and enjoy your life as you see fit. Don't become one of those people that try to stick their beliefs or feelings in other's faces. Don't try to force others to accept you as there are those who never will...and it and they aren't important. The rest of us will just become annoyed by such actions. Have a great life with whomever you choose. Don't become someone who demands change from others simply to make yourself feel justified. It also isn't worth the time.

I would accept your choice if I knew you...even though I'm not one to be in favor of such decisions or feelings. That is because, while I'm not religious, I think that lifestyle is a negative...not a positive. But that is just my opinion and again...I would accept you and I wouldn't be a jerk to you.

So...from someone some people would call names, I wish you the best with your life, your feelings and your choices.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You have support here...be who you need to be.
Being humorous.....just get that operation....I think its called an addadictomy.

I can't imagine what its like so all I can do is just add some support and toss in a lame joke.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dear Toast

The reality of the situation is that nothing you do can make you a male. Your very core is female, your DNA is female, your body contains organs that are exclusive to the female gender.
You are a woman and there is no cosmetic trick, whether physical or mental, that will change your nature.

Sorry but while I know it's popular and cool to support transgenderism and evil to disagree with it, because I truly care I must advise against it.

The problem is that people have been hoodwinked into believing that gender is all in how you feel. Feelings can change like the wind. This thinking also ignores the hard facts of the physical nature that makes us who we are and treats them as irrelevant.

Men and Women are NOT the same at their core. The reality is that you will never know what it means to be a man. It will only be a facade, a trick, an illusion.

Just today I read an article about how women achieve orgasm more frequently in a committed relationship than one night stands. Even with the so called 'sexual revolution' in which women are encouraged to be sexually loose, there is a crucial difference on the way men and women approach sex.

Bottom line, if I were you I would do more research on the increasing number of people who regret surgically removing perfectly healthy portions of their body and trying to be what they are not.
If you truly accepted yourself, you would let yourself be who you are: A woman, with all of the beauty, mystery, power, and responsibility that the female gender possesses.

As a person I hope the best for you whatever you choose, but I don't think you will find happiness in this change.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

DanZek
Dear Toast

The reality of the situation is that nothing you do can make you a male. Your very core is female, your DNA is female, your body contains organs that are exclusive to the female gender.
You are a woman and there is no cosmetic trick, whether physical or mental, that will change your nature.

Sorry but while I know it's popular and cool to support transgenderism and evil to disagree with it, because I truly care I must advise against it.

The problem is that people have been hoodwinked into believing that gender is all in how you feel. Feelings can change like the wind. This thinking also ignores the hard facts of the physical nature that makes us who we are and treats them as irrelevant.

Men and Women are NOT the same at their core. The reality is that you will never know what it means to be a man. It will only be a facade, a trick, an illusion.

Just today I read an article about how women achieve orgasm more frequently in a committed relationship than one night stands. Even with the so called 'sexual revolution' in which women are encouraged to be sexually loose, there is a crucial difference on the way men and women approach sex.

Bottom line, if I were you I would do more research on the increasing number of people who regret surgically removing perfectly healthy portions of their body and trying to be what they are not.
If you truly accepted yourself, you would let yourself be who you are: A woman, with all of the beauty, mystery, power, and responsibility that the female gender possesses.

As a person I hope the best for you whatever you choose, but I don't think you will find happiness in this change.

Really? Really?, you have no idea my friend. Its not about DNA and the impossibility of being one or the other, its about feeling who you really are, get rid of your narrow mindness and concentrate for one second at least, perhaps you won't or can't because you know who you are and where you want to be. Step one day in my or Toast's shoe's (i wish we could swap) and see how you feel ....... oh i forgot, it's all about DNA .......... BS, go away

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by corblimeyguvnor

BTW, i know you said feelings change like the wind ............. i have had said feelings since i was 8yo, that wind has not changed in decades, thats x10's x lots ...... perhaps when the pole shifts i may come to my senses and realise who i am not

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There isnt much more that I could add that wasnt already expressed, we are a family here, and I hope the responses you have received says not only a bit about ATS, and its members, but that being you is far more important than being anyone else.

So be kind, be true, be love, and BE YOU!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You are really the only one who HAS to live and die with yourself so why stay in a state that you feel unconfortable? If others are not ok with it they are probably just jealous that you have the courage to be who you want to be. There is always the ignore button for people you don`t want to talk to on the site I believe unlike for real life.Best of luck on your journey.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DanZek

Ha Ha Ha your so funny. Really bogles the mind. Why should someone be sentanced to a lifetime of misery because of being born into the wrong gender? Besides If the person REALLY wants to it is THEIR choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I admire you for taking those hard steps toward your genuine self; it takes real courage! Always be true to what you know in your heart, and always follow your bliss. It's like I always tell my kids: be the best YOU you can be!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I came out last year (m2f) and I was really surprised by how supportive people were of my decision. Even my manager at work, who is a conservative christian. Also a lot of my friends said "yeah, I kinda knew", your friends are your friends because they like you--they wont be phased by transition.

Do some research tho, there are different laws in different jurisdictions on how you can legally change your gender marker on official docs--some places have surgery as a requirement, some hormones is a requirement, other places its just a letter from a qualified therapist. Networking with other transmen in your area will be beneficial.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I sure hope your not throwing away a good looking woman!! LOL I am only kidding I hope you are happy with your transformation and anybody that is too narrow minded to understand the depth and complexity of the human brain and the body need not say anything. I am one of those lurking Christians.... I don't see a problem with changing who you struggle to be to become what really is you. It's like a caterpillar transforming into a beautiful butterfly yo! Who gives a crap and the only Christians that will throw hate are the Westboro hahah. It's nobody else's concern and it is not their job to judge or condemn. It is our Lords. Stay strong sister future brother!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Really? Really?, you have no idea my friend. Its not about DNA and the impossibility of being one or the other, its about feeling who you really are, get rid of your narrow mindness and concentrate for one second at least, perhaps you won't or can't because you know who you are and where you want to be. Step one day in my or Toast's shoe's (i wish we could swap) and see how you feel ....... oh i forgot, it's all about DNA .......... BS, go away

The fact that you are to emotionally involved is evident from your post. You cannot keep yourself from insulting someone who has an oposite view.

And NO I will not Go away. Many people that responded to Toast talked about the ATS 'family'. Well I guess its only a family if everyone agree's.

As for being narrow minded, what do you know about me that allows you to judge that? I'm not narrow minded, I'm disagreeing. If you think that is narrowminded then you are in the place.

edit on 14-11-2013 by DanZek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm pretty much new here, and don't necessarily consider myself to be "conservative", but my ideologies do lean toward the conservative side of things admittedly.

I wish you the best of luck. Follow what makes you happy and don't think twice about what others may say, as it's not their life to live. You have made this choice and coming out to any group of people shows great courage. I respect and support your decision.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I'm trans too, I got your back.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

So very true.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join