It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans* ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hi all...I've been lurking for some time...

Yes yes, some of you are waiting for your tarot readings as well...I'll try to get back on that when I have time.

Now where was I? Yes... I've been lurking, watching the posts, and seeing that little by little the site leading to the conservative side of the spectrum, which has made me hesitant in making this post.

For many years, I have struggled with identity of the gender persuasion. Biologically, I am female, but in reality, I want to become a male.

Though I have a feeling that ATS is not really the right place to "come out" so to say....but I really need the support network and I'm sure there are some fine fellow ATSers who know what I'm going through.

Please don't come to hard down on me, I'm already digging in to the emotional struggle of prepping my body for transitioning.

-narrows eyes at conservative christians lurking in the shadows-

Thanks for reading,

regards, Toast.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Do what's right for you, and don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Neither I, or anyone else is living your life. You are. If changing your gender is what will give you happiness and contentment, who are we to tell you otherwise? However, do be as sure as you can possibly be, before you make the transformation.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

This place used to be considered 'fringe' but now I feel it is leaning toward the GLP side of things. Either way, there is no 'right place' to come out - you should feel comfortable coming out anywhere.

I'm gay.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, I support you

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yaas hunty be proud and feel free to be you!

you have my support and if you ever want to chat i'm always open!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Courageously said friend.

I wouldn't worry too much about naysayers and critics. Obviously there is no one in the universe more understanding of you than yourself.

Be at peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Be free to find happiness. No one can define that for you. I think you should go for it, if you are sure that is what you want. I am here for you.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

This is a good place to test the waters. People will throw all sorts of crap at you. Practise, practise,practise.

You're going to have to be secure in who you are. Toughen up the skin.

Blessings whatever you decide - trust yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You have your ATS family by your side. Be happy. Be at peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Wow! You don't know me, but today you are my hero! I've only got admiration for someone as brave and honest as you. That took real guts.

Wishing you every success, you deserve it x

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I think CT community is considered the Hamburger Hill of politics. Very difficult to take, and once you have it all you want to do is give it back. The fact that liberals don't advocate much here is a sign of their organization. Karl Rove would like to personally beat every conservative who fights to claim a "bigfoot is an alien" thread for the Republican party, and probably wipes his butt with GLP toilet paper, cursing their name. So don't worry about the conservative current here. Its made up of people who didn't get the memo. As a liberal I have to constantly work to keep my mouth shut...

But as far as fringe and outsiders, that's what its supposed to be about. Its the real poltical outsiders and free thinkers that make this site such a pleasure to read.

You are who you are. You've got to manifest your soul. I've known some cool dudes who were born with women's bodies, one was a kick ass mechanic. These are guys you'd watch the game with and not think twice about it. And I can't imagine them doing the fem stuff. But only because they fought the battle to overcome fear and be themselves. Really, there's a lesson in that for all of us:

Be yourself. No fear. Peace.
edit on 11-11-2013 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

As one of the more vocal, conservative members of ATS, all I have to say is be who you are.

Never be ashamed of who you are. Never be ashamed of what you feel.

We all get just one ride on this planet.

Make the most of it and enjoy your life. Enjoiy being you. Enjoy feeling what you feel.

Anyone ever gives you grief, send the rat-bastards to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You have my fullest support without going into reasons

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You'll get a lot of odd questions!

Is good to be comfy with who you are and not mind telling people, but I think it's best not to entertain people's stupidity sometimes. I'm sure you've glanced at threads on this topic before, they're short bus special!

Surprised the angry train hasn't come yet ... *peers down train line* ... they normally come about now. Mmmm ...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Pinke
Surprised the angry train hasn't come yet ... *peers down train line* ... they normally come about now. Mmmm ...

No prob. Someone is keeping an eye on this.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

We all support you!

Be true to yourself!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I consider myself a fairly conservative Christian member.

As such I believe things like,

"Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone"

And

"By the same measure you judge shall you be judged"

I am good friends with a transgendered individual at work, I fail to see how their life choices and gender preference has anything to do with me.

The first rule for a Christian is treat others how they would like to be treated, any who attack the LBGT community needs to shelve the hate and reread their own holy book.
edit on 11-11-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

See, even some of those conservative christian folks like toast

Best of luck to you, stay jammy

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Gosh, I've never expected all this

First of all, I'm very thankful many of you came out with your support, I'd thought I'd have to be fighting left and right like the tarot thread.

Beezer and Benrl, if more people could be more open like you are, there wouldn't be no issues with the LGBT community and Christian orgs.

Huge hugs all around to all

-toast

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I will gladly take you up on your offer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join