It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANT!!!! Yeah, I gotta rant for ya.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
RANT!!!!!!! Yeah, I gotta rant for ya.

These self proclaimed Christians who use ATS like their own personal fishing pond.
“Uooo I’m gonna save myself a soul today. Yea that’s what I’m gonna do. Yea, I’ll savem. I’ll preach and preach and preach. And when I’m done preaching , why I’ll read em some Bible. No, I’ll readem a whole lot of Bible. And if that ain’t enough to savem, I’ll find some other text to read em.”

“And when those unsaved souls ask me a question???? Why I’ll readem some more Bible. Yeah, Bible readins. If not the first time, then the second or third. The more obscure the better just to prove what a well grounded soul saver I am. Yeah.”.

“Oh look, another believer replied to me. Yes brother yes.”
Oh look, a non believer replied to me. Believe or you are a stupid ignorant servant of the devil who is well down the road to HELL, unless you stop and read my threads and dig it, dig it, dig it.”

So,,,,,,,,,, I know I’m over reacting. I know. But sometimes the bile just rises up in my throat when I see another pontificating thread from one of these self indulgent little saviours. I’m sorry, it just does. I avoid them as best I can, but sometimes a title looks interesting and I click in and begin reading. Sometimes I reply with what I think to be an open mind only to be told that I am not. And then they explain why not with another long winded quote from the Bible.

And just a final gasp of RANT from deep down in my throat to you modest Christians, you Christians who might be worth listening to. Why don’t you tell these over inflated Billy Swaggert wannabes to shut the hell up. All they are doing with this banging over the head with their Bibles is hardening non believers hearts.

No, I’m not going to respond to any replies to this rant. This rant was for me. It was for me to hopefully vent some of the gas that’s been boiling up inside of me and verging on walking into every one of their posts and creating havoc and getting my self banned.

Plus, messing with other peoples threads ain’t good for my soul. Maybe this rant isn’t either. And maybe just erasing it and not posting it is the best thing to do. Most of my splean is cleaned now and I feel better.

I know that the rant regulations forbid attacking other members. And though one might think it is, it is not about any one individual. So maybe I won't post it after all. Maybe I won't push the moderators sensibilities and just let it rest, here in limbo.

But there is still this little burning sensation that inches my finger towards the post button.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

May the power of Christ compel you

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Let me guess you get all huffy puffy when someone says "merry Christmas" instead of happy holidays?
I don't remember there being a requirement on ATS that you have to read every thread posted on here. It's simple really, don't read threads you don't want to see. Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So do like I do, don't read them. If you read them you are just antagonizing yourself.

Easy enough.

There are all kinds of people on ATS.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Heathen! Blasphemer! Child of Beelzebub! The dark gates await you!

That said we gentle souls of the Pacific NW are the Followers of Shamu. Open your heart to us before it's too late. May the whale embrace your spirit.

psst... want a pamphlet?

edit - I feel your pain buddy.

edit on 107pm2222pm72013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ha! You know, I support free expression of anyone's beliefs here on ATS no matter what they are, not just my own. I don't go butting into threads to simply tell them they're wrong because I don't subscribe to that particular belief.

Some people need to learn to respect other peoples. It's not like we all have our own planet to go to, we have to coexist, and respect is the only way that will happen peacefully. That applies to everyone, including Christians.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Well my goodness!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There is only one way to deal with so called Christians.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posting bible quotes/pushing any religion's agenda should be forbidden outside the religion forum, imho.
those bible thumpers should be contained, we have enough fanatics in this world.

you can always ask them though where in their holy book of deception it is said that they should push the word down people's throats instead of simply spreading it - and if they fail to see the difference, perhaps it is time to get back to elementary school before trying to lecture others.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hmm, nice rant.

I guess I try not to tell anyone to shut up because they have the right to speak, just like you have the right to rant. I don't have to agree with you, but eh.. rant on, rant until you cant rant anymore.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If everybody would just light one little candle...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

sometimes they bring their religious dogma to someone else's thread though, and that's when it gets nasty.

if they can't leave their religion out of some threads, they should stay out.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Well what about those who believe in "the force?" don't they have the right to talk about their lightsabers and pebble levitations?
Hmm? "Luminous being are we; not this crude matter ?"

Religion is everywhere you go. Get used to it, learn to shrug it off and move on. Life is way too short. Nice avatar pic btw

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

need everyone to be a Jedi we do not, nor want it do we. our lesson of balance we've had, and like everyone one of us can be it is not

if you'll need some help editing a profile pic, drop me a PM.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Your delivery is very funny. You have a great sense of humor.

You were mentioning Bile coming up as you are venting. In the Bible, it is Gall and equated to the venom of a snake. LINK

No Christian on this website is participating in the off topic section called Religion apart from the mandate of the website--Deny Ignorance. You have an obligation to do the same and there are 97 ( I counted ) other forums to participate in. Have you ever considered that what you experience in these threads is not contempt, but conviction from what you read? Believe it or not, the entire reason a Christian seeks to deny ignorance is the same reason many people continue to come back for a look. We are all convicted, at one level or another, of our ignorance of reality and of the darkness we are all trying to shake from our consciousness. This can simply be that we are unaware of something we fear, or we are simply fearing it so much we loose sight of the path before us. We are all on this same winding path. All of us. There is a destination. Once you begin to see what is ahead, it's worth protecting and sharing. It's called truth.

We are all fast approaching the time when faith becomes a thing of the past. Fact will take its place. It's why we search for the answer in science and it's why the faithful see the answer from Religion. We are all going to meet someday at the end of the journey. I say enjoy the ride and soak it all up as a fish in water. Don't judge it until you reach the end.

As you have seen, I have trouble holding my judgment as well. It's a burden to overcome. I feel your pain.

edit on 10-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The good book states only 144000 will be saved...

Glad you aren't one of them - leaves room for my kinship.

[I kid of course, kinship is beyond Jesus's standing]

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

From my rant

you Christians who might be worth listening to

Though I said in my rant that I would not reply, do want to step in and mention that you speak here as if you might be one of those.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Nothing drowns out all that bible thumping like some Ghost.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

TerryMcGuire
reply to post by EnochWasRight

From my rant

you Christians who might be worth listening to

Though I said in my rant that I would not reply, do want to step in and mention that you speak here as if you might be one of those.

I get what you are saying. It is assumed that the Christian kind might not listen to the other side, but speaking for myself, this is one of the reasons I am here. I could very well be in a Christians' only forum somewhere in a safe domain. I choose to stay away from those for a good reason. They do not challenge me. Here on ATS, if there is a flaw in my thinking, I can guarantee that it will be challenged. This is the best way to learn. All of us need to have our Seeds crushed now and again. Even with the Christians among us here, we do not always agree. There are many who do not like Paul. This causes me to question why I believe his words. It challenges me to search out the reasons and question my answers.

In the end, this is what ATS is good for. Denying ignorance takes our previous answers and adds more questions. Nothing wrong with that if you have the stomach for it. It's good to vent when something you ate digests wrong.

edit on 10-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It is the behavior that you speak of that does (IMO only) drive people away from Christianity and those who participate in it will have to deal with that at a later time. I often wonder how certain types of "Christians" justify flaunting hate, self righteousness, and a holier than thou attitude, when we are still the same as any other person walking the face of the earth. What a non Christian considers wrong is what a Christian would consider a sin.... and we all do that on a daily basis. THEREFORE none of us is above the other. The only difference is (in my belief only) in accepting the gift of Salvation. And the gift is not only offered to specific people... it is offered to ALL and that is one more reason why none of us is better than the other.

There are extremes on both sides of the fence here on ATS. I generally try to stay away from the debate forums on religion because there are those that just come out of the gate rabidly against Christianity and refuse to discuss anything other than how ignorant anyone who believes in God is.... and then you have the ones you speak of who do feel it is their duty to point out where you are wrong, tell you the many reasons you are bound for hell, etc.

My Dad always said that you should never discuss politics or religion and it wasn't until I was much older that I fully understood why. I suppose that is the way it will always be. It is sad that there is rarely a civil discussion between the religious and non religious because I feel both sides could learn something. I am sorry that you experience Christians who behave that way but there are a ton of us out here/there who wish that "those" people would quit speaking for the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join