It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation Army says “Gays Need to Be Put to Death”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My daughter is lesbian, 49, and is the happiest she has ever been since her confusion at age 12.

Mistakenly married a man at age 20. What a mess!

I am happy for her and her new partner and their families!

Do I want her put to death?

No way!

Wake up people!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Followers of Christ are not allowed to wish death on others, nor are they supposed to judge, but only live in The Holy Spirit of Love, Peace, and Joy.

This is just more fuel to get people to hate others.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
There was more on this as covered in the Rant thread about this topic in September.

Salvation Army says “Gays Need to Be Put to Death”

It was posted almost a month and a half ago, so the second thread on it isn't my point. Toward the end of Page 1, another member had done some research to get more about what had happened here and the Salvation Army's official response with apology.

I'd been pretty confused and upset by this too...and they are very serious on their religious approach, as is their right. This would have been clear over the top as an organizational position though, so it was good to learn that it wasn't.
edit on 9-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Well heck man. Its just that they have been seeing such and outpouring of support for Muslims and calls for tolerance in the face of their own diminished standing to a second hand rummage sale that they thought hay, maybe we should threaten to stone someone or cut someone's head off.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

in nature beings can be born as hermaphrodites, or transsexual, why is gay so bad if these exist? Isn't it ignoring reality to hate so much especially in the name of a God who demands you live in denial of your true self?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Glass

Good man...

Though Jesus said resist not evil bro... Poor clueless Paul

Ah but alas dear Akragon and others not fully informed......Jesus also told the woman taken in adultery...."go and sin no more".

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Logarock

Akragon
reply to post by Glass

Good man...

Though Jesus said resist not evil bro... Poor clueless Paul

Ah but alas dear Akragon and others not fully informed......Jesus also told the woman taken in adultery...."go and sin no more".

*sigh*

And while we're on the topic of not being fully informed... Read into the history of that particular story...

It was not part of the original texts... but added later by a zealous scribe...

You should stop with your assumptions.... you're really not good at them

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Some more of your bad text fantasies? Ever time you get into a pinch its "added by the translators" fall back position. Why is that? Because you cant be a wise guy bible critic and self styled bible officiate without a good backdoor default position.

And besides yous guys brought it up with the scripture quoting. Just thought I would round it off for a full view.

And no its not ok to stone gays. Two wrongs don't make a right as they say.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Some more of your bad text fantasies? Ever time you get into a pinch its "added by the translators" fall back position. Why is that? Because you cant be a wise guy bible critic and self styled bible officiate without a good backdoor default position.

because I study more then just what's in the bible... pretty simple actually

Then again you feel free to believe whatever you like about the bible, or about me...

Just quit whining about losing arguments with me...

It gets old

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I will give you credit for showing up like clock work, or a buzzard, every time something anti christian is posted. I do respect your consistence.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The predators circle the prey... I can't help but dig in on easy pickins

Edit: I got a better one... The shepards Dog has to keep the sheep in line...

My favorite little saying LOL

Don't worry bud.... I still love ya

edit on 10-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

but gay people make me laugh so much! my local salvation army is overpriced anyway.

Just want to pipe in my agreement on this. I've only enjoyed their company
at parties and such. And I believe benri does have IT all wrapped up nicely.

"LET HE WHO IS WITH OUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE"

edit on 10-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

olaru12
tgvnews.com...

The Salvation Army has expressed their Christian beliefs in the past, stating that they do not accept the LGBTQ lifestyle, nor do they stand up for gay marriage. Salvation Army went on record recently, stating that LGBTQ parents should be put to death as the bible instructs. Major Andrew Craibe, a Salvation Army Media Relations Director, went on public radio hosted by journalist Serena Ryan, to discuss a recent call by LGBTQ parents for a boycott of the nonprofit for its anti-gay policies and beliefs.

Some how I find this hard to believe that this is Salvation Army doctrine.
Every holiday season I give generously to the Salvation Army, but if it's true that they discriminate against gay people; I will find another place for my holiday charitable contributions.

If you see things in a purely relative level where there is no right or wrong then you have cause to be upset. But if you see the homosexual lifestyle as one more nail in the coffin of the nation bringing the eventual wrath of God, then you could understand the statement. If you don't agree with their belief, find another charity.

Having said that, in the old testament homosexuals were put to death as were adulterers and witches. That was given to the ancient nation of Israel to do not the rest of the world. Christians are not told to kill people. Christians are told to relate the message of salvation and leave the judgement to God. I like it that way.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This all reminds me a lot about debates on whether there's a difference between moderate Muslims and radical/political Islam (Islamism).

Often I feel quite sympathetic towards moderate Muslims, because they really get hammered as somehow "inauthentic" by both anti-Islamic extremists and extremists in their own religion (who seem to eventually have a strange fondness for each other).

However, taken literally Christianity is in the same conundrum.
Hardcore Christians might say the Bible also says go and sin no more.
It's uncertain whether Jesus would have spared the adulteress a second time.
If she was a prostitute He sure didn't give her other employment.

Hence to me it's just another religious organization showing its true colors (and many that I once excused have fallen from any kind of "goodness" in my eyes).

They all threaten and hate the unbelievers, who must either conform or submit, or be damned and become legally sanctioned.

That's in their scriptures, and while I appreciate liberal and humanistic interpretations, ultimately those ancient texts do have those messages, and taken literally they are all extremist.
edit on 10-11-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I think this really is so simple Rock.
We have been pointing the finger of blame at each other since
we were in the Garden. I will always follow my saviors lead and do what
he would have done. Put people to death when I am a sinner and hypocrite ?
Never! No f'n way !

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

halfoldman
This all reminds me a lot about debates on whether there's a difference between moderate Muslims and radical/political Islam (Islamism).

Often I feel quite sympathetic towards moderate Muslims, because they really get hammered as somehow "inauthentic" by both anti-Islamic extremists and extremists in their own religion (who seem to eventually have a strange fondness for each other).

However, taken literally Christianity is in the same conundrum.
Hardcore Christians might say the Bible also says go and sin no more.
It's uncertain whether Jesus would have spared the adulteress a second time.
If she was a prostitute He sure didn't give her other employment.

Hay dude, I was simply trying to point out the whole story there. So that's hardcore? As far as you know I am just about being accurate without any stake in the thing. And yea Jesus would have probably spared her 70X7 but he wasn't running an employment agency.

But He did say "go and sin no more". Its just part of the story. We cant simply, if we are going to talk about it at all, pick and choose what we like to develop our own personal Jesus. I am not for that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

randyvs

I think this really is so simple Rock.
We have been pointing the finger of blame at each other since
we were in the Garden. I will always follow my saviors lead and do what
he would have done. Put people to death when I am a sinner and hypocrite ?
Never! No f'n way !

Would you? Would you take a whip and beat the money changers out of the temple even though the "Jesus Christ Superstar" movie said "we are no different fellows than the buyers and the sellers"? Really? Could you rule the world with a rod of iron? Could you slay with a sword that proceeds out of your mouth? I mean think about it. When Jesus returns He is going to kill some people. Yep. Right out of thier fricken misery.

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
only if they have AIDS and maliciously, bite, or spit, or have sex with, without letting a partner, know.
thus passing on a certain death sentence.kinda like a zombie,,but slower.
other than that. sure.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

See stuff like that I don't get...

Jesus was a peaceful man... IF he returns hes not going to be killing anyone...

He would be labeled as a terrorist and executed all over again...

Yes I know its in revelation... but seriously man, read revelation... it wasn't Jesus, it was John of Patmos that wrote all of it... Not inspired, just john in a last attempt to write something important

Hell... revelation wasn't even included in the bible until 300 some odd years after the fact

It reads nothing like the gospels, and sounds nothing like how jesus spoke... the text isn't even in the same style as John wrote...

I know its part of your faith, but you turn Jesus into a killer...

Its just messed up bro

edit on 10-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by olaru12

Well, in all fairness, you had said you hoped this wasn't true. In fact, it isn't true as presented, near as I've determined from the work of the other member and how the sources pan out.

It made me feel a bit foolish for not having looked into it a little closer back then, actually.

However, it is the Holiday season, so it seems important to at least mention their statement made following the interview (which doesn't seem to have mentioned parents in this context?).

Nonetheless, the backlash from the Salt and Pepper interview with Major Craibe prompted the Salvation Army to issue a "response to questions raised about [the] interview" that issued an apology for the "miscommunication" and included the following answers about the Salvation Army's stance on the subject of homosexuality:

Question: Do Salvation Army full members believe, as per the Salvationist Handbook of Doctrine, that practising homosexuals should be put to death? Why, or why not?

Salvation Army members do not believe, and would never endorse, a view that homosexual activity should result in any form of physical punishment. The Salvationist Handbook of Doctrine does not state that practising homosexuals should be put to death and, in fact, urges all Salvationists to act with acceptance, love and respect to all people. The Salvation Army teaches that every person is of infinite value, and each life a gift from God to be cherished, nurtured and preserved.
Source

The source also quotes the transcript of the original interview, as well as a link to the audio of it for anyone to listen and check out. That's what I find useful about Snopes. It isn't what they say as much as how they source every statement they reasonably can to the original point of origin.

Anyway, since you were hoping to find otherwise on this vs. how it first sounds..I hope this is a positive addition to the story.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

The Salvation Army sincerely apologises to all members of the GLBT community and to all our clients, employees, volunteers and those who are part of our faith communities for the offence caused by this miscommunication.

Thanks for your clarification wrabbit! I was about to never donate to the salvation army again. I was in the middle of listening to the interview when I read the statement and I was getting rather upset.

The Salvation Army is the only charity I donate to, and since they clarified that they do not believe homosexuals should be put to death, I can continue donating. That was a close one.

*drops change in little red bucket*

edit on 10-11-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Would deliberately passing on HIV only be a crime for homosexuals (although biting, spitting and scratching don't pass on the virus)?

98 Percent of the virus is heterosexually transmitted in Southern and Eastern Africa.

I'd think that HIV would have caused horrendous devastation in a Biblical society with their polygamy and concubinage (and making virgins who are raped marry their rapists).

True, homosexual behavior has facilitated the virus in the West (especially the US) but it didn't magically originate from gay sex.
But sure, a lot more work needs to done (especially in the gay community) and constantly updated.

However, I recently saw on Oprah how a straight man infected 5 middle-aged women, and there have been several examples of straight deliberate infections.

The role of the church has been hotly debated regarding HIV, with a special focus on the right of women to insist on condoms within marriage with an infected partner.
Another big concern is phony US preachers telling HIV-positive people they are miraculously healed from HIV/AIDS.

The church has become more supportive, but religion is still often a part of the problem.

edit on 10-11-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join