It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't believe in Aliens you are CRAZY!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
The universe is beyond VAST.

There's room enough for HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of galaxy spanning space faring technologically advanced civilizations in the universe to exist, while at the same time still having enough room and space such that no other civilization ever runs into another, or ever even detects the existence of another.

The Universe is that big.

That's galaxy spanning, space faring, technologically advanced civilizations too.

Now, here we are, not even a speck of a speck of dust on a single planet.

Certainly there's Aliens ... somewhere in the universe.
Still, Aliens that can't be observed, detected, or interacted with are essentially worthless.

Thus, the only aliens that matter are those that we could detect, observe and potentially even interact with.
Thus far, we've none.

edit on 11/9/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

^^Precisely this.

Believing in the possibility of alien life is one thing,...not accepting the fact that there has been zero tangible proof to support alien visitations to earth is another.
edit on 14-11-2013 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

tanka418

Yes if we go with conventional physics the end of possibility is neigh. The very reason that horizons must be expanded and areas of novel physics explored. Such as with the work in Europe on artificial gravity and gravity drive systems. The so-called Heim-Lorentz drives.

There is also work being done on "Warp drives". And, there are a number of other possibilities that exist for cheating the physics of the "very fast". It also appears that there may be other "Lorentz" like effects that can be exploited and may even open up new areas of physics, technology and industry.

Reaching those technological and scientific ceilings is what I'm talking about. At some point a civilization may simply decide to "stay home".

What I was postulating is that even with exotic physics unknown to us there will still be rules to them (otherwise they wouldn't work). And when you have rules, you have limits.

And perhaps once they'd reach a certain point there is a sort of "law of diminishing returns" with regards to space travel. ie: they might say to themselves: "We can go Warp 80, is it really worth it to spend a whole lot more energy to go Warp 85 when Warp 80 gets us wherever we need to go in reasonable time? Or should we perhaps put more resources into our astroengineering project over there...."

See what I mean? Even advanced aliens would have limitations. Just ones well beyond ours. They're aliens. Not gods.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

LogicalRazor

AliceBleachWhite
The universe is beyond VAST.

There's room enough for HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of galaxy spanning space faring technologically advanced civilizations in the universe to exist, while at the same time still having enough room and space such that no other civilization ever runs into another, or ever even detects the existence of another.

The Universe is that big.

That's galaxy spanning, space faring, technologically advanced civilizations too.

Now, here we are, not even a speck of a speck of dust on a single planet.

Certainly there's Aliens ... somewhere in the universe.
Still, Aliens that can't be observed, detected, or interacted with are essentially worthless.

Thus, the only aliens that matter are those that we could detect, observe and potentially even interact with.
Thus far, we've none.

edit on 11/9/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

^^Precisely this.

Believing in the possibility of alien life is one thing,...not accepting the fact that there has been zero tangible proof to support alien visitations to earth is another.
edit on 14-11-2013 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

100% agreed!

Sadly so many people confuse the two.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

That's what I'm sayin'
But, the reasons for not accepting those trade-offs can come from many sources, not just reaching the end of a technology branch.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

Those could be valid points and possibilities. Like I've said, I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of intelligent life on other planets. I'm not giving up on superior intelligence. What I am doing is using the facts and billions of examples we have had on Earth to say it will not be an absolute that intelligent life will evolve. Could happen, yes.

If you approach it mathematically, it makes it even more apparent of how extremely rare intelligent life could be. Scientists estimate, over the 4.5 billion year history of Earth, there have been between 1 and 4 billion different species. Let's round that to 2 billion. Only one has had the capability and desire to travel beyond it's own planet. So, 1 species out of 2,000,000,000 = 0.000000005%. Using our only example and guide, a measly 0.000000005% has been intelligent! Assuming life develops roughly the same on other planets as on Earth as many scientists do, there's a 99.999999995% chance that all life that evolves will be simple(relative to humans). But, even with that percentage, factoring in the enormity of the universe, it's still possible intelligent life is out there.

Species hopping from planet to planet, or moon to moon within it's own solar system is one thing and still would be a huge feat. That species traveling light years, is completely different. Besides, this entire forum supports and is founded on the theory of highly intelligent beings visiting Earth. As this thread is. Not basic life such as bacteria coming to Earth by way of an asteroid, or some other means.

Now, have we been visited by that possible intelligent species? I doubt it. You have to put it in perspective. If this phenomenon were exclusive to "craft" zipping through our atmosphere, the lack of physical evidence is logical. However, by admission by most believers, this is very much a physical interaction. Landings, crashes, abductions, implants, sightings of the "beings", etc. Yet, we don't have one single ounce of physical evidence to show we have been visited by extraterrestrial beings. Nothing. With the sheer number of those reports, and apparent fallibility of these "creatures" via crashes for example, that is not logical.

It's a phenomenon steeped in hardcore belief, not hardcore facts. When speaking about the enormity of alien life visiting us, hardcore facts have to be demanded.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Our planet had chosen the bad alien dream long ago and in this time it would almost have come to completion, the phase just before first contact, immaterial and material. But their evil plans have been foiled forever for our planet in the nick of time because someone (it's not you) made a different choice and since the decision had to be collective (but not in the material necessarily, which is why there wasn't disclosure) the show is a no go.

The aliens who we all followed or rather their plans would have killed us all but one twisted the natural system such a way it was unknown they at the time left the planet just as we would have left ours or what the plan was until a few years ago when people realized everything that had happened, with leaving one behind while everybody would be happy, but the one from another planet who knows what he did at the time

So that is why we were all fooled, or at least those 'in the know' who should really begin their descent soon. What happens after is that the natural system will take over, without anyone doing anything to make it happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
^^^

Which sci-fi book or show is all of that from?

Sounds a bit like a mashup of an episode of The Outer Limits, V, Chilhood's End and War of the Worlds.
edit on 18-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I like the way you think teslahowitzer, that is the point I was trying to make. But I think you said it so much better.

Thanks

Stari

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Assuming we know everything, which we don't. How arrogant, when our 'models' of physics and so on dont even necessarily agree with each other..there's definitely much we dont understand. A race with MILLIONS of years ahead of us? Yea..they know their ish..

reply to post by JadeStar

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE
Assuming we know everything, which we don't. How arrogant, when our 'models' of physics and so on dont even necessarily agree with each other.

Sorry, I fail to "see" any inconsistencies between; relativistic physics, Quantum physics, and Heim Theory.

.there's definitely much we dont understand. A race with MILLIONS of years ahead of us? Yea..they know their ish..

I like that; "millions of years" It s not likely that a species that is millions of years more advanced is going to visit. Thee are many reasons, many of those spiritual. And, all the current evidence indicates that ET is at the very best a few hundred to maybe ... 4000 - 5000 years more advanced. But, then again, that does also depend on "how" or "what kind" of "advanced" y'all are talking about. It is possible for ET to be greatly advanced technologically, but not spiritually.

What would you say? ET has technology that is 1000's of years ahead of Earth, but, has no spiritual component; "Is ET truly advanced?" Y'all should think about that, the answer WILL make a huge difference.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Tanka, I like you but when you start talking about spirituality and trying to use it to refute some very sound science you lose me.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

JadeStar
Tanka, I like you but when you start talking about spirituality and trying to use it to refute some very sound science you lose me.

Have you read my General Theory of Magick?

If not please do. When you do; think of the fundamental "elements" (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) as fundamental constructs of quantum physics, or string theory (and if you notice: DNA and many other things)

In the Enochian model the Universe is made of these four fundamental elements. When in soe configurations (hierarchies) these elements begin to exhibit synergy, it is this synergy that constitutes the fundamental "quantum" of Spirit. It should be noted that it appears that only living things exhibit this property / synergy.

The more "intelligent" a being is, in the biological sense, the greater the probability that it will recognize this "Spiritual" component. Once recognized, and developed (an individual thing) the being can begin to enjoy many benefits; the greatest of which is an increased "connectivity" with the Universe. This connection is rather different than the usual "physical" sense, and can open up new aspects of the All (reality) that One would otherwise never be aware of.

Finally, it appears that only through Spiritual pursuits can One become "physically" independent (ascension) . In a Physics sense this would be kind of like removing most of our stability, and somehow retain cohesiveness; or something like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

JadeStar

Have you read my General Theory of Magick?

Er... no - nor am I ever likely to. Should I?

If not please do. When you do; think of the fundamental "elements". STOP - they're not fundamental anything, unless you're a blevieve.....

"The more "intelligent" a being is, in the biological sense": WOW - ten out of of ten for missing the obvious...

The rest of what you said is bullcrap.

Good luck on you're spiritual 'journey'

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join