It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory that explains it all? Say hello to the the Time Police!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok, here it goes...

"Alien" crafts are in fact time travellers and there is a Time Police organization that stops time travellers from affecting the current timeline too much - if something happens that affects the timeline, then the Time Police can detect the time shift and go back into time and restore the timeline to its original direction.

Why is this a novel idea? Well, it would explain some of the following things I have read about:

-This would explain why there is no official contact with aliens yet, it would disupt the current timeline too much. If anyone attempted to do this the Time Police would come and fix it to restore the timeline
-People taking photos of crafts but when the photos are developed the crafts are not there, just the background
- Why most UFO events are seemingly perfectly covered up, just a couple of loose threads
- People can't remember alien encounters except after hypnosis, here the timeline was changed causing them to forget
- The reason why we have not seen any time travellers yet, even though modern physics seems to confirm that it is possible, any such action would be detected and stopped by the Time Police

So, whenever there is an event that causes a broken timeline the Time Police pops up and cleans up.

A penny for your thoughts

-MM

edit on 9-11-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
Ok, here it goes...

"Alien" crafts are in fact time travellers and there is a Time Police organization that stops time travellers from affecting the current timeline too much. If something happends that affects the timeline, they detect it and go back and restores the timeline to what it should have been.

Why is this a novel idea? Well, it would explain some of the following things I have read about:

-People taking photos of crafts but when the photos are developed the crafts are not there, just the background
- Why most UFO events are seemingly perfectly covered up, just a couple of loose threads
- People can't remember alien encounters except after hypnosis, here the timeline was changed causing them to forget
- The reason why we have not seen any time travellers yet, even though modern physics seems to confirm that it is possible

So, whenever there is an event that causes a broken timeline the Time Police pops up and cleans up.

A penny for your thoughts

-MM

Your "theory" was in fact a sci-fi movie, is also part of Star Trek cannon, and has been used through plenty of sci-fi books. It's hardly an original idea but a fruitful plot line nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Yeah, I expected as much.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's just as plausible as any. When you consider inner-dimensional and the ramifications that has on space/time or time/space, or the illusion thereof, one can easily consider an inner dimensional being not existing on this timeline.

Hey the world was flat for a time.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Was that movie 'Time Cop' with Jean Claude Van Damme?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

already been thought of.

Storyline When the ability to travel through time is perfected, a new type of law enforcement agency is formed. It's called Time Enforcement Commission or TEC. A cop, Max Walker, is assigned to the group. On the day he was chosen, some men attack him and kill his wife. Ten years later Max is still grieving but has become a good agent for the TEC. He tracks down a former co-worker who went into the past to make money. Max brings him back for sentencing but not after telling Max that Senator McComb, the man in charge of TEC, sent him. Max has his eye on McComb.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wide-Eyes

Was that movie 'Time Cop' with Jean Claude Van Damme?

Ha ha , yes.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That's funny - my wife & I have had a few conversations about what UFO's could be...at one point she suggested they might be time travelers.

I can't see any glaringly obvious reasons why it couldn't be so but there are some interesting situations that have been reported that would be hard to explain as actions of a time traveler - for example:
Sightings of skinny grays walking around, medical procedures like operations & implants, abductions...etc.

Might explain why ufo's tend to be seen in the sky & don't often land...less chance of materializing in the middle of something
And would also explain why they're so hard to detect & so aloof...as your average traveler would probably be trying to stay out of the way & "abide by time-law"

Does the government know...they'd almost have to, right?
Or not, I guess...it might change the timeline?

Wow...lots of ifs, &'s or buts...
edit on 9-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hey don't let the movies de-rail the thread. If you want to hash it out here at ATS Wonderland I can't think of a better place for it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

coldkidc
Wow...lots of ifs, &'s or buts...

Don't worry, the Time Police are here to protect us from harm and space-time dilemmas

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Whew! That's a relief...thank God there's an agency there to take care of the messy stuff. One less thing to worry about.

Was worried for a second though. I hope it's a private agency...unless our future government is a lot better than the one we have now...
edit on 9-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Worthy of a star and flag, the time travel concept if possible would mean from the point at which you enter a past in which you did not exist in your own personal past then interaction is irrelevant as you have changed the quantum state of the universe by going there and therefore you have not changed the past but created an alternate time stream and a divergence into a parrallal reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Any race that would be able to travel through space would also be a time traveler.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Perhaps Pres Obama came back in time to f**k things up.. aheemm... I mean; FIX things.

Edit: Wow, that would make a fantastic movie plot, Samuel L Jackson for the lead anyone?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

LABTECH767

Worthy of a star and flag, the time travel concept if possible would mean from the point at which you enter a past in which you did not exist in your own personal past then interaction is irrelevant as you have changed the quantum state of the universe by going there and therefore you have not changed the past but created an alternate time stream and a divergence into a parrallal reality.

***Patriotic music starts ***

Law & order in the time-space continuum must be perserved - long live the proud & honorable servants of the Time Police!

***Patriotic music ends ***

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Time travel is only possible to the point where time travel was invented, which judging by you post, would mean that time travel has been around for decades . Mmm as much as I am an advocate and believer in UFOs and aliens I do not believe that it is a result of "time travel"
The thought that Alien Abduction is mainly remembered through hypnosis is due to the "defence mechanism" of the human mind, and that is a human mind will "block" out horrendous moments which can only be relived due to hypnotherapy, or its the alien technology that sedates us and effects our short term memory.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

chelsealad
Time travel is only possible to the point where time travel was invented, which judging by you post, would mean that time travel has been around for decades . Mmm as much as I am an advocate and believer in UFOs and aliens I do not believe that it is a result of "time travel"
The thought that Alien Abduction is mainly remembered through hypnosis is due to the "defence mechanism" of the human mind, and that is a human mind will "block" out horrendous moments which can only be relived due to hypnotherapy, or its the alien technology that sedates us and effects our short term memory.

I'm no PHD Physicist, but I've read that there are theories where time goes backwards in some cases (like inside an atom or at a quantum level) and other that could explain time travelling backwards in time. Anyhow, I thinks that it's impossible to say in the 21st century that time travelling backwards in time will never be possible. I mean, who knows what scientists would come up with in a million years of research.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The problem I have with this pertains to the Observer Effect as well as the proposed Multiverse of timelines/potentialities.

As such, nothing/no event observed can be destroyed, changed, or undone.
This protects causality and prevents paradox.

EX:
1. Time Traveller A goes back in time, and prevents the assassination of JFK.
2. The Assassination of JFK remains a historical reality in Time Traveller A's point of origin.
3. The prevention of the Assassination of JFK by Time Traveller A creates a new timeline/universe where JFK was never assassinated.
4. Other time travellers from the same point of origin as Time Traveller A can still visit the observed Assassination as it happened originally, or choose to visit the new affected version/timeline/universe caused by Time Traveller A.

As such, there's no cause or reason for any Time Police.
All observed events are already observed and thus indestructible from point of perspective of point of origin.
Tangent to this, any Time Traveller could then create as many universes/versions/timelines as they desired with as many different outcomes for any and every event since the beginning of Time, until the end of Time without ever breaking causality, causing paradox, altering their true point of origin, or anything else observed.

This additionally allows for the existence of Time Travel as a reality, effectively making the argument that Time Travel can not exist obsolete.

Welcome to the multiverse.

edit on 11/9/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you run into this guy

You might be onto something.

I don't know if there's a time cops per se.
However we wouldn't know if there was.
an interesting theory.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Considering some of the strangeness I've experienced, I would not be surprised at all. If anything I would be relieved to find that this was the actuality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join