It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory that explains it all? Say hello to the the Time Police!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If a "time patrol" were tasked with keeping events in their 'native' time/space frame, they would need to know the original sequence of things. The inference is that is there is a 'Grand Design' and a deity or deities.

If a species or civilization is capable of time travel, a police-type group tasked with preventing or reversing time altering acts by its own seems likely. Well, if they are similar to Sapiens in mores.

What if time were non-causal? What or, rather if, then?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The ops theory has already been made into a movie? Cool! I can't wait to see jean claud van damm zipping about in a UFO that people cannot take pictures of and cannot remember except under hypnosis! For some reason I always thought that movie would suck. Might have to check it out now...

In a way, we are all "Time Cops"...we are all participating in a collaborative project that could be described as "protecting our collective future", or just "protecting the future". If I witness a brutal murder, I call the authorities because, yeah that person deserves to be punished for killing someone who was probably, for all intents and purposes, innocent. But even more importantly, I do it because...I don't want to live in a world where this kind of thing goes on unchecked. If we don't stay on top of it, and just give up trying to stop it, criminals will rape and pillage freely. And I do not want that kind of a world for my older self, my potential children, or even if I do not have kids, I do not want that future for humanity, period. So we all do our part to make sure certain behaviors are curtailed, and others that we approve of are encouraged. So, basically, everything we do effects the future in some way.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Redboxin

here's where I start to get on board with this theory

For too long, we have habitually seen things has having a "cause" which leads to an "effect" and hence we see time as a looooooooooooooong line (or "timeline") of events... but when one really gets to observe with the senses and not filtered through social conditioning: cause and effect are one and the same.

my father and I used to speculate that what people think of as "aliens" during abductions etc, are suspiciously human looking overall, and perhaps the "future" of our evolution coming back to their own "past" to just observe and learn and perhaps to be simply entertained..? As far as regulating our events and population for some time of "agenda", I think this is where we get into a land of many slippery slopes haha. I do agree that there are many inconsistencies to human history and even some strong indications that humanity has enjoyed technology AND philosophy far beyond what even today's fringe can even imagine. HOWEVER! I tend to imagine the Earth-situation as being more like a Zoo or "nature preserve" rather than a prison or reality-show haha. Though I do not deny that one can make a case for all of these models! All speculation aside though, I do find it suspicious that towards the end of 2013 we still find ourselves with these same "problems" and out of 8 billion people, still struggle to innovate alternatives to ohhhhhhh I dunno.. gasoline, distribution of our more-than-abundant resources, deforestation, blatantly cruel and neglectful treatment of animals that we CONSUME FOR FOOD (you would think this would kinda affect people..), water shortages (there's an entire ocean out there waiting to be turned into drinking water, were to right process to be investigated...) being stuck at home when there's ICE on the road... etc etc etc..

I know it's wild speculation but doesn't it seem like some of the "smarter" people out there would have found solutions to these things, if the overall environment of Earth and society weren't being maneuvered..?

the undeniable truth is, while our surroundings tend to change and take place across a wiiiide spectrum, we are always here on top of the mountain we call Now. As much as we might try to climb down from this mountain, we always find ourselves "here" and this situation would reasonably allow for many actions and experiences outside what most people consider "conventional."

PS: sorry, I have had too much caffeine this morning so clarity might not be what it could be, but perhaps some food for thought?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HyphenSt1

Wow, something to think about indeed! Thanks.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Actually, the Doctor (and Captain Jack Harkness, if you live in Cardiff) protects us from all that wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Didn't you know that?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

chr0naut

Actually, the Doctor (and Captain Jack Harkness, if you live in Cardiff) protects us from all that wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Didn't you know that?

I did follow the original Dr Who when I was younger in the 80s, but I'm not following the new series though
Incidentally, I'm a big fan of the late Douglas Adams who reportedly wrote some of the original Dr Who episodes - fun stuff indeed!

-MM
edit on 10-11-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
One problem that would have to be overcome with time travel is space travel as well.

If time travellers from our future are constantly coming back to the past then exactly how do they also traverse the vast distances of space?

The earth is constantly moving through space. So any time travellers at a certain point in our future would also have to calculate the exact position of the earth relative to it's current position and do the same for any return to it's future incarnation.

The further the time difference then the larger the distance and the bigger the margin for error.

Maybe it explains all those saucer crashes in the past hey?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A time war can only start.

It can never end.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

mirageman
One problem that would have to be overcome with time travel is space travel as well.

If time travellers from our future are constantly coming back to the past then exactly how do they also traverse the vast distances of space?

The earth is constantly moving through space. So any time travellers at a certain point in our future would also have to calculate the exact position of the earth relative to it's current position and do the same for any return to it's future incarnation.

The further the time difference then the larger the distance and the bigger the margin for error.

Time travel is way easier than space travel.

But the answer to space travel is time travel.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
....well then wouldnt they go back and stop their own craft from crashing at Roswell ????

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

IntastellaBurst

....well then wouldnt they go back and stop their own craft from crashing at Roswell ????

Is the right answer.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

chr0naut

mirageman

I'm sure your answer is something a lot more complex than it appears. Can you expand on that?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

mirageman

IntastellaBurst

Is the right answer.

They might not be perfect even though they are advanced, perhaps they stop "Roswell crash"-like situations 99% of the time, the last 1% they mess up and only partially cleans up the timeline. The Time Police mission-statement may just be to clean up the timeline well enough to prefent further "error"-propogration from occurring and some "hanging threads" may be ok.
edit on 10-11-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think it's more of a matter of "dynamic movement" instead of how most tend to think of it: like many authors trying to edit and re-edit and re-re-re-re-edit it to their liking. In some way, this does seem to be true, but it's a real-time collaboration and I'm beginning to think that we have much more influence on our time/space than we've been led to believe..

think about all of the POSSIBLE conspiracies that seem to be out there.. what do they have in common? The occupation of YOUR time and energy..

even in becoming aware of these conspiracies, the more effort put into avoiding them, the more effort is lost into something else..

THAT is the true conspiracy I think.. and the only folks with a motive to OCCUPY your time and energy, would be individuals who are threatened by UN-occupied time and energy, possibly influencing the turn of events in a very unpredictable way..

It seems to me that the most interesting phenomenon that COULD be attributed to "time-police" with the intent to keep the most potent information at least in less-than-obvious places, is the realms of music and film..

to make this short: I would honestly like to know if anyone here has actually heard the music of Moondog and/or seen the movie Hellcab.

Neither are related besides being purely sincere and thought-out bits of art and two samples that I feel illustrate my point well enough. Short summaries of both:

Moondog - a musician i didn't hear about until wandering around Wikipedia 3 years ago. By far one of the artists that has influenced me the MOST in my adult life, and yet I have yet to meet more than two people who had heard OF him but not his music..
He was blind from a young age, learned music composition, began recording in the mid 50s, collaborated with Julie Andrews, wrote symphonies and short songs that spanned albums upon albums, invented instruments, dressed as a Viking, played music PUBLICLY in the middle of New York when his music wasn't be performed... he lived almost as a homeless person, preferring to busk instead of do live concerts... eventually moved to Germany and had a second wave of musical composition that was different in many ways and recording into the 90s until his death. Not only did he create a huge body of work, but his work was UNIQUE (one of those qualities that is SUPPOSEDLY supposed to be a factor in getting recognition and the memory of the masses..) and involved many aspects of music that modern-music is just catching up to (complex time signatures, unorthodox timbre, exploiting the natural atonality in tonal keys, the physical and metaphysical implications of music theory used in an conscious way..)
I still shake my head knowing that he guy was recording before my dad was born, and yet most people still think that Elvis and The Beatles (etc etc etc) need to be recognized and adored over and over again without any further probing into the rest of landscape of different artists of the time (that they happen to be interesting in looking-into)

Hellcab - A movie I bought for 99cents at value village. came out in 1997, and almost nothing about the cover of the movie prepared me for what it actually WAS.. I bought it because I have a strange love for the campy and forgotten B-movies of most eras (pre-2000s haha... at this point I consider Micheal Bay one of the leaders in B-movies and the man can't make anything without budgets that would make Ed Wood go into a coma with envy..) and I was expecting it to be about a supernatural entity haunting a cab..
BUT! it was not only a very well-made B-movie, but had nothing of the supernatural involved (besides the main character glancing at a horoscope warning that this day would bring bizarre events..) and was done in a very unique way (on many many levels) to the point where, just based on this facts, I would think this movie would have gotten SOME recognition... The Unnamed cab-driver is the ONLY consistent character, every scene (batch of passenger(s)) is different in tone/mood/message, and rides a VERY thin line while denying genres (every scene is almost a different genre within the basic setting of being about a cab-driver), political-correctness, racism, sexism, yuppy-ism, consumerism, fundamentalism, classism, and many other -isms depending on how close you are willing to look, but wow.. there's a lot in there..

but WAIT! THERE'S MOOORE!

John Cusack, John C Reilly, Jullianne Moore, Paul Dillon, and Gillian Anderson (Scully from the X-files) all are in this movie, BUUUT only as cameos.. which another element of the experimental part of this film. They all make they're short roles truly count because of their experience as actors, but there was no attempt to exploit the "stardom" of these people in the cast.. HOW how how... could this be a movie entirely forgotten like that..?

I'm really not saying this the status of these works NESSECITATE time-travelling zoo-keepers to keep things contained and predictable... but they are a couple of many entertaining possibilities to ponder

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There is a theory that that is what men in black are. They try to prevent alterations the time stream and make sure people don't know that ufos, mothman, and things like that are time travellers. They think that's why some men in black appear to talk slow (a result of the time travel process), act out of time and possibly even the reason they wear black because they don't look drastically out of place no matter the time.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

mirageman

chr0naut

mirageman

I'm sure your answer is something a lot more complex than it appears. Can you expand on that?

OK, but first I'll have to clarify some things.

Point 1 is, too many people have too many ideas of what time actually is.

They say things like time is illusory, but time is actually emergent, it does not exist from one frame of reference, but it does from another. It absolutely isn't illusory but is very... timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly (a brilliant description)!

Like the wave-particle duality of light, there is a duality of time. Changes to a system over time can only be seen when intimately connected (quantum entangled) with that system. The overview of an unentangled observation of a system shows no changes over time and can be fully expressed by equations like Wheeler-DeWitt, which have no value for time. Simply put, we see changes arising over time because we are part of the universe we observe. An outsider to the universe cannot see any such changes (until they participate).

Like Einsteins General Relativity pointed out how the velocity of an object depended upon reference frame of the observer, Temporal Relativity (for want of a better name) mandates that the passage of time is relative to the reference frame of the observer and this is in complete accord with General Relativity.

So we have a space-time structure, which is infinitely flexible, and which can look different to different observers. (See, its timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly!)

OK, now, in answer to your question, we already have limited control over time, already (shock, horror)! It's an outcome of General Relativity and not technically too hard or super secret.

Do a bit of research into Synchrotron radiation. It's where we produce electromagnetic radiation at frequencies higher than the materials should be able to produce, except we push the boundaries using time dilation.

So we actually have the technology to bend and distort space-time but distortions on one dimension (time) are easier to achieve (in energy terms) than distortions on all dimensions simultaneously. There are also indications (theoretical and observed) that the time dimension is more pliable than spatial ones.

To move through space at speeds that exceed light will require controlled distortion of space-time. We believe we know HOW to do it (Alcubierre et al) but we lack the ability to wield such enormous energies.

Hence time travel is the key to space travel.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
Ok, here it goes...

"Alien" crafts are in fact time travellers and there is a Time Police organization that stops time travellers from affecting the current timeline too much - if something happens that affects the timeline, then the Time Police can detect the time shift and go back into time and restore the timeline to its original direction.

Why is this a novel idea? Well, it would explain some of the following things I have read about:

-This would explain why there is no official contact with aliens yet, it would disupt the current timeline too much. If anyone attempted to do this the Time Police would come and fix it to restore the timeline
-People taking photos of crafts but when the photos are developed the crafts are not there, just the background
- Why most UFO events are seemingly perfectly covered up, just a couple of loose threads
- People can't remember alien encounters except after hypnosis, here the timeline was changed causing them to forget
- The reason why we have not seen any time travellers yet, even though modern physics seems to confirm that it is possible, any such action would be detected and stopped by the Time Police

So, whenever there is an event that causes a broken timeline the Time Police pops up and cleans up.

A penny for your thoughts

-MM

edit on 9-11-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

It's been in many sci-fi movies and series for decades.. Not a new idea.

If they had all of the time to correct things.. why would they not be perfectly covered up?

Ergo.. It's not true.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Yes. traveling backwards is unable to change anything but what about traveling to the future? and then time traveler decides to stay in the future. when he was suppossed to stay in the past altering a future even that was until then un observed therefore possible causing a paradox.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

chr0naut

mirageman

chr0naut

mirageman

OK, but first I'll have to clarify some things.

Point 1 is, too many people have too many ideas of what time actually is.

They say things like time is illusory, but time is actually emergent, it does not exist from one frame of reference, but it does from another. It absolutely isn't illusory but is very... timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly (a brilliant description)!

Like the wave-particle duality of light, there is a duality of time. Changes to a system over time can only be seen when intimately connected (quantum entangled) with that system. The overview of an unentangled observation of a system shows no changes over time and can be fully expressed by equations like Wheeler-DeWitt, which have no value for time. Simply put, we see changes arising over time because we are part of the universe we observe. An outsider to the universe cannot see any such changes (until they participate).

Like Einsteins General Relativity pointed out how the velocity of an object depended upon reference frame of the observer, Temporal Relativity (for want of a better name) mandates that the passage of time is relative to the reference frame of the observer and this is in complete accord with General Relativity.

So we have a space-time structure, which is infinitely flexible, and which can look different to different observers. (See, its timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly!)

OK, now, in answer to your question, we already have limited control over time, already (shock, horror)! It's an outcome of General Relativity and not technically too hard or super secret.

Do a bit of research into Synchrotron radiation. It's where we produce electromagnetic radiation at frequencies higher than the materials should be able to produce, except we push the boundaries using time dilation.

So we actually have the technology to bend and distort space-time but distortions on one dimension (time) are easier to achieve (in energy terms) than distortions on all dimensions simultaneously. There are also indications (theoretical and observed) that the time dimension is more pliable than spatial ones.

To move through space at speeds that exceed light will require controlled distortion of space-time. We believe we know HOW to do it (Alcubierre et al) but we lack the ability to wield such enormous energies.

Hence time travel is the key to space travel.

You are The Doctor and I claim my wibbly wobbly fivey wivey pound note.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here's my addition to the thread!

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join