It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Typhoon Hits Philippines Winds 235mph 1000 Dead - Now Heading for Vietnam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well, thats why i'm saying that any Adults on ground could co-ordinate... even co-ordinate from the shops, get some order in and try to tell the crowds that they need to help each-other and try to make the stocks last until the copters can get in with supplies! Of course, some people will be going crazy (after what has happened) but they will need to calm down and think about the situation more... hopefully they can do that.
edit on 10-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am surprised that anyone survived this one. It was a civilization killer.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's why this looting is so bad. The Philippine government can't use all its helicopters just to get to Tacloban, they have dozens of areas they have to find out if people are even still alive in. They aren't going to be able to do anything until the Washington or one of her sisters shows up, and even then they'll be limited, as the Washington doesn't carry a lot of helicopters. They need to get an LHA/LHD moving that way, with an MEU loaded, and airlift to get supplies going.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by spartacus699

where do you think the g=v will send it next?

Is that really a serious question?

The answer to that question would be nowhere as no gov't can steer a huuricane or typhoon.

and you know that for a fact ahh

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The first 90 US Marines arrived. The 3rd MEU deployed 90 members as an advance team, and both PACFLT and PACAF have been ordered to send ships and aircraft to support Search and Rescue, as well as recovery efforts. Six of the islands, including Leyte suffered serious damage, affecting as many as 4 million people.

On Samar, 300 were confirmed dead, with another 2,000 missing.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

no gov't can steer a huuricane or typhoon

What about the claims that this weather system--along with the next storm (code named Zoraida), currently a tropical depression that is entering the Philippine Area of Responsibility in 36 hours and may follow the same path as Haiyan/Yolanda--was man-made via a microwave pulse? This is per:

That (pseudo?) scientist alludes to "weaponized weather through the US military...the question is were they serious when they said they'd planned on owning the weather by 2025?" I personally don't understand how that would all work, so I'm inviting you ATS readers to weigh in.

--from a Manila member who would be stark-ravin' furious if Filipinos are actually being used as hapless guinea pigs, whose family's beach resort in Northern Cebu has been partly destroyed (but thankfully no casualties), and who hasn't heard back from his relatives in hardest-hit Leyte

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MNLmarc

The Philippines averages something like 20-30 storms a year. This is normal.

The paper about owning the weather that everyone talks about was a theoretical exercise from the War College, it wasn't meant to be literal, or more than that.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
God hates poor people.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

iLemming
God hates poor people.

Since I don't see any accompanying emoticons indicating that you are stating this in a tongue-and-cheek manner, I am taking great offense at your incredibly insensitive--and even racist (or whatever the term is for a superiority complex over those of a different socioeconomic status)--remark. What if one of the 10,000 souls who perished in that super-typhoon was your mother or brother or daughter?? Your God must be the same God that Jax Cote worships. (See au.ibtimes.com....) I pray to your God that you be reincarnated as a poor person!

Seriously. Shame.
edit on 11/11/13 by MNLmarc because: Added appeal for empathy to those who died.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

MNLmarc

That (pseudo?) scientist alludes to "weaponized weather through the US military...the question is were they serious when they said they'd planned on owning the weather by 2025?" I personally don't understand how that would all work, so I'm inviting you ATS readers to weigh in.

imo entirely possible

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MNLmarc

I'm sure the member did not mean anything derogatory about poor people,rather a sympathetic observation.Well that's how I took it when I saw it just now.We are ourselves a poor family-and lemme tell you that is often the way we feel.And we are just Fairly poor,not even properly living in a shack- dirtpoor,yet I can relate to the sentiment.Anyway the point is,this is a frightful situation,and my heart goes out to all who lost even the lil bit they had PLUS loved ones,I hope help from the global community is swift in getting to the devastated survivors of this behemoth storm.Just terrible.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I could not find anything about this on the 'firehose' despite this being something devastating.

So I used search. First match from 2006. Second from 2 months ago.

god almighty the search on here sucks.

So many dead... so little on ats. watching the footage of this thing scares me. mother nature is really a brutal beast and we're nothing compared to what she can do in an instant...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

VoidHawk

spartacus699
where do you think the g=v will send it next?

Closer to the truth than most realize.

And yet so unrealistic that it's just blithering noise.

but this is ATS so rife for noise.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Yes sparty, those of us in the real world, where we don't live in constant delusion, know that no one can move a typhoon.

Not that anything will change your mind, you know much much more than anyone else.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by MNLmarc

I'm sure the member did not mean anything derogatory about poor people,rather a sympathetic observation.Well that's how I took it when I saw it just now.We are ourselves a poor family-and lemme tell you that is often the way we feel.And we are just Fairly poor,not even properly living in a shack- dirtpoor,yet I can relate to the sentiment.Anyway the point is,this is a frightful situation,and my heart goes out to all who lost even the lil bit they had PLUS loved ones,I hope help from the global community is swift in getting to the devastated survivors of this behemoth storm.Just terrible.

Check his previous post on the previous page oozing with sarcasm before saying it's not derogatory.

ETA:

On topic though, some relief trucks were already on their way to Leyte island according to local reports but there was an incident also a Red Cross convoy was "attacked" and got looted when it reached the place.

The Philippines been constantly hammered by several typhoon yearly, in fact last year typhoon Bopha took more than a thousand lives and flattened several towns in Mindanao yet it's only now i've heard of this kind of anarchy.
edit on 11-11-2013 by marhaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wonder how long it takes the Chinese to move and inves... donate some politically motivated Yuan into the region... /cynicism

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
PLEASE: Make a small donation to the Redcross Philippines Typhoon releaf...

ushare.redcross.org.ph...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Its a shame Volunteers have to fork out the cash from their own pockets to help in disasters like this one, otherwise I would have got on a plane today. (I enquired about being hands-on helping out).

I'd have thought Airlines could at least offer to fly Volunteers over for Free!

Profit before Life as usual.
edit on 12-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I posted this.....

I'm old enough to remember the very first Band Aid concert....you know the one that was supposed to stop world hunger. 25 years later (a generation) we had another one. Still nothing has changed except population has increased, thus putting even more stress on the little resources these countries have. Why does the population increase?....because they are in constant receipt of foreign aid.
Foreign aid is no different in many respects to western countries benefit system/food stamps et all.

Before anyone says they can see what's coming and say I am in favour of some sort of Agenda 21/transhuman type thing....nothing could be further from the truth.

Some facts about the Philippines....Manila is THE most densely populated city in the world. In the top 50 most densely populated cities the Philippines has 11. It has the worlds worst record for child prostitution where parents will sell their children just to make sure they are fed. WTF! It has 6 hour traffic jams...constantly. The Philippines also has one of the worlds worst disparity between the have's and have not's. This is no 'get at the Filipinos' either, these are just some of the facts.

I see the whole disaster as some sort of act of god....in my case an act of mother earth. Until we stop providing direct funding, and actually start doing more practical/hands on things, nothing will ever ever change in these kind of countries. With a change in attitude to economic aid where it is used directly in teaching/educating people to be involved in its own infrastructure, in this case better weather resistant housing for example. Until the disparity between the have's and have not's is addressed, nothing will change.

Imagine yourself along with a group of people shipwrecked on a tropical island, you all work together to build shelter and find food. I know it's a bit far fetched, and eventually we come to the arguments of 'tribal' in fighting. The point I am trying to make is this, until the common man starts working as a group to help each other, take responsibility and look for solutions within the parameters they are presented with in their locale, nothing will change, everything will just repeat itself and in the meantime the problem just gets worse.

In E. F. Schumacher book Small is Beautiful....there are many lessons to be learned. Unfortunately, us the 'small' man, stand guilty of handing over our freedoms and allowing globalisation to the benefit of the 1% elite. Does anybody here really believe that the people directly affected are going to have a better standard of living from the aid pouring in for this disaster? The only people benefiting from this will be the fat cat's and their bank balances.

As Einstein once said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
That applies to people who are in receipt of government benefits, people who are affected by acts of mother nature and most importantly to the people who do wield the purse strings and the ability to stop repeating the same mistakes....unfortunately the last group who do hold the power are the insane Einstein is alluding to, and we as mere citizens stand guilty of the same insanity of granting them that power over us.

My heart goes out to all Filipinos world wide who have been affected by this unprecedented weather event.

Rainbows
Jane

On this thread....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

yes. I spoke to one of the Reps on the phone and asked if they needed any Volunteers straight away in the Philippines... she gave me a website to view for longer term appointments! i viewed them but if I want to go, I have to pay for the Flights!

As for giving money to Charities, I don't do it because I have seen that in many cases, its still the same and its a shame that the richest Billionaires can't provide Air travel to Volunteers when there is disaster like this.... or the Airlines themselves....

I can't understand why there are still women giving birth to so many kids in these areas mentioned. i thought cash was spent on Teaching... cash from Donations!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join