It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Typhoon Hits Philippines Winds 235mph 1000 Dead - Now Heading for Vietnam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by spartacus699

Those were my thoughts too....just wondering what Philipinos had done to p*** off TPTB.

So bite me....this is ATS!

Rainbows
Jane

do u mean that this monster of sorts is a tptb ritual?
if such a thing is even possible

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Awwww...lighten up a bit...see my next post after the one you quoted.....at the end of the day, mother nature has far more in her arsenal than anything us mere mortals can dream up.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
BREAKING: 10,000 feared dead after Super Typhoon Haiyan:

An estimated 10,000 people might have been killed in the central Philippine province of Leyte alone, which was almost completely destroyed by the powerful typhoon Haiyan, local authorities said.

The typhoon has devastated up to 80 percent of the Leyte province area as it ripped through the Philippines, Chief Superintendent Elmer Soria told Reuters. “We had a meeting last night with the governor and other officials. The governor said based on their estimate, 10,000 died,” Soria said.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW
rt.com...
edit on 9-11-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

So sad.

Not only have people lost everything, but they have lost loved ones too.

Time to send some relief over there.

I wonder which one is the best, so we know they'll get the money.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
(((

Philippine typhoon death toll could reach 10,000

Super Typhoon Haiyan gaining strength, will strike Philippines with maximum strength of category 5!

edit on 9-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

spartacus699
where do you think the g=v will send it next?

Closer to the truth than most realize.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Unreal looks like the storm has already claimed 2 people in Vietnam.

So I guess the Vietnam path was correct.

www.usatoday.com...

The storm has already claimed its first victims in Vietnam, with local media reporting two people dead and 30 more injured in Quang Nam province Friday as a result of accidents during storm preparations.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

MariaLida
(((

Philippine typhoon death toll could reach 10,000

Super Typhoon Haiyan gaining strength, will strike Philippines with maximum strength of category 5!

edit on 9-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

I didn't see your thread, so anyone interested in following this storm further can visit your link.

Great job on your thread btw.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Estimate is at 10,000 now... probably more.

I feel saddened for those children who have lost their Parents!

That Tsunami of 04 was bad enough but news reports are saying this is worse but how can it be? 220,000 died at the hands of the Tsunami!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

where do you think the g=v will send it next?

Is that really a serious question?

The answer to that question would be nowhere as no gov't can steer a huuricane or typhoon.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I wish all those caught up in this superstorm my deepest condolences and hope all those facing the storming in the coming hours the best of luck.

The scale of this storm is incomprehensible to me, I stress my roof is going to blow off in 100km/h winds in my 1st rate house let alone ~378km/h gusts in coastal homes with what many would define as shacks. For many people including myself we have virtually no comprehension of this level of destruction or exposure to such horrific events and take for granted our safety and security.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's as many as 10,000 in Tacloban alone. They were the hardest hit it appears, and entire communities around the city have not been heard from yet. They don't know if they are just cut off, or if there isn't anyone left there. Tacloban had storm surge as high as 13 feet, and water reached the roof of the airport.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Current path

Visable Infrared

edit on 10-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
what a monster, so strong it just ripped thru Philippines without a second thought and barely slowed down to continue on to Vietnam, wonder how far in it will go, could go thru Thailand etc or if it goes up towards China before slowing down.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And even after something this terrible happens, the Authorities are worried about Looting!

These people have just lost everything and are hungry, yet they aren't supposed to go breaking into any shops left standing to get food & drinks???

I don't get this.

Still cash is more important than these poor people... some just children, left without their parents!

Survivors of the super typhoon that has devastated several islands in the Philippines have begun scavenging for food and looting shops in order to stay alive, witnesses say.

Shopping centres and grocery stores in hard-hit Tacloban have reportedly been stripped of goods as rescuers' efforts to deliver food and water are hampered by severed roads and communications.

"Tacloban is totally destroyed. Some people are losing their minds from hunger or from losing their families," high school teacher Andrew Pomeda, 36, said as he warned of the increasing desperation of survivors.

"People are becoming violent. They are looting business establishments, the malls, just to find food, rice and milk. I am afraid that in one week, people will be killing from hunger."

news.sky.com...

Apparently, the Army will be going in to restore order but i can see that turning a bit violent and it will be turned around in the Media to say it was the Looters who turned violent against the Army Personnel!

edit on 10-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And if they take all the supplies, it's that much harder to get food to the people in the area. I understand that they need food, but if you can barely get troops in, even walking them in, how are you going to be able to get large amounts of food to an area as well, if all the food there is already gone. The Philippines is going to have to rely on others for aid on any kind of scale. While they go through many of these storms a year, they just don't have the infrastructure to handle them on this level.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

So, the army can get through but supplies can't?

Doesn't make sense.

What are the young ones supposed to do? Just lay down in the street and die of hunger?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Have you seen Tacloban? There is nothing left. You can boat army troops in to somewhere nearby, and they can walk in. How do you plan on getting a few tons of supplies a day to the area, when you can't drive trucks, there's nowhere to land planes, and you have a very limited number of helicopters to move them around?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Copters can fly in and drop supplies!

Only takes a bit of co-ordination from any grown-ups left in the mess! I don't expect young children to be able to co-ordinate an area but an Adult can. Adults grown-up enough to take charge in an orderly way on the ground. Copters come overhead and drop supplies... the Adults sort the supplies! Shops in the are wont be getting any business anyway, so may aswell take the stock from them too... why waste perfect food when people are starving?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Do you even have a clue what the Philippine military has? And how big an area they have to support with Search and Rescue, as well as flying supplies in? They. Can't. Do. It. They have less than 100 helicopters that can be used to ferry supplies into the area. The entire Leyte area is destroyed, as in completely gone. And that's just one area. It will take a week to have a US Navy carrier group, plus LHD into the area, after they're requested, longer if they wait to load supplies before heading that way.

The only way that they get supplies in, is with US and international help. But that takes time. If all the food is gone in a day or two, that many more people are sick, or dead because they didn't have enough food to last until aid got to them, or to fight off infection.
edit on 11/10/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join