It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st world problems: US man is too fat to jail.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Obese Florida Man Is Too Fat To Jail.

An obese Florida man named George Jolicoeur was spared from jail time because he is too fat. The Obese man was arrested for scamming a number of restaurants, but now he doesn't need any alibi to save him from incarceration as prosecutors are now considering to set him free on account of his very obese form.

Jolicoeur was reportedly famous for ordering several menus and he would avoid the bill by claiming that the food did not taste good or even complaining about the quality on how it was served.

He was only arrested in 2007, after downing nearly $50 of beef jerky from a 7-Eleven, then claiming that the rest were pretty moldy.

As of late, he is residing in a nursing facility, where a respirator is used to sustain his breathe.

Because of this, prosecutors anticipated the medical expenses the facility would incur, so they decided to offer a plea deal.

If this doesnt say Americana, I dont know what does.

Apple pie, baseball, a white picket fence and a 600 pound land whale.

What a great idea. I'm gonna go on a crime spree then gain 400 pounds. Freeeeeedoooooooommmmmmmmm!

So his crimes were food related, why am I not surprised.

He would order a ton of food (literally) and then complain about its quality so he could get the food for free.

I'm a little confused about the beef jerky. Dont you have to buy the product first before you consume it or did he just stand there and commence to stuff his gullet prior to paying?

I actually support the decision made by prosecutors. I wish the burden on tax payers would be taken into consideration more often.

There are way too many non-violent offenders in our prison system.

edit on 8-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lemme guess..

And he's too fat to wear the thing around his ankle at home, neither?

Obesity in America while rest of the worlds starve

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Yah really. Part of the plea deal should have included him having to feed an African nation using one of his appendages.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA the irony, fat man scams restaurants

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
While I disapprove of the mans crimes, sending him to jail over unpaid restaurant bills is rich considering there are rapists and murders been let free to reoffend daily due to their inadequate sentencing.

Can't the legal system think of something constructive for him to do?
-How about pay the bills with what assets he has for starters?
-Send him on a 1 week intensive weight loss coarse! I'm sure this will be an excellent deterrent and even provide such more needed health benefits.
-Spend 2 weeks picking up rubbish on the side of a road?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

How much fuel would it cost to cart that hippo around with a broom up his grand canyon? I have a better Idea,..suck the lard from him,..sell it to the lypo clinics and he can pay his depths and become a poster boy for Mc# salad.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What the man needs is a good shrink. It sounds like he has a serious mental issue.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I kid you not while reading this there was a A&W ad in the banner above for the new mushroom burger! Try it with bacon and cheese!

Now I wants cheeseburger.....

Someday every American will be too fat to do anything and that is when people will demand change because the tv remote fell off the bed. We the People demand something be done about this microchip my brain so I can change channels with my mind.

I cannot stand super fat people they are the image of greed. Instead of burning fossil fuels how about we throw a fatty in the furnace every now and then? That s#!t would fuel a city for days!
Or a feed the starving kids of the world a land whale every now and then to set an example to the other land whales not to eat so much!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

As of late, he is residing in a nursing facility, where a respirator is used to sustain his breathe.

do I have to say it ?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
An interesting social experiment:

Change the title of this thread to say:

"Black man is too black to be jailed"

OR

"Gay man is too gay to be jailed"

OR

"Retarded man is too retarded to be jailed"

OR

"Deaf man is too deaf to be jailed"

... and see how many ATS posters come into the thread and personally insult/attack the subject's personhood due to their "blackness", "gayness", "blindness", "retardedness", or "deafness".

Apparently, some forms of blatant, disrespectful, dehumanizing, prejudicial indignity is perfectly okay... and some is not ?

There really is no hope for this planet.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Why jail him in the first place?

He's apparently already a prisoner of his own body... can't even breathe on his own

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well how about making jails bigger enough to accommodate his bulk, I mean so far we got almost everything else around fixed to meet US growing sizes.

Then when it comes to the scamming I was just laughing, when here in neck of the woods I witness that same scamming in our local restaurants from people all the time, I even made a comment once when the person sitting behind me was complaining about the food.

I swear at that moment I just got tired of her argument while trying to enjoy my meal so I told the women complaining that she was lying and trying to get a free meal.

And I didn't feel guilty at all. She just shut up.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

there is a difference between obesity due to hormones/thyroid problems

and this obvious glutton:

1 is disabled
the other is a sociopath that feels entitled to just eat and not pay.

he should be put on a restricted diet
once he's back in shape,

community service until he's paid for treatment And the bills he welshed on.

or made to grow, raise/kill and cook his own food.

but of course some will whine that that's cruel and unusual punishment
edit on 8-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: added edit & comment

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

CranialSponge
An interesting social experiment:

Change the title of this thread to say:

"Black man is too black to be jailed"

OR

"Gay man is too gay to be jailed"

OR

"Retarded man is too retarded to be jailed"

OR

"Deaf man is too deaf to be jailed"

... and see how many ATS posters come into the thread and personally insult/attack the subject's personhood due to their "blackness", "gayness", "blindness", "retardedness", or "deafness".

Apparently, some forms of blatant, disrespectful, dehumanizing, prejudicial indignity is perfectly okay... and some is not ?

There really is no hope for this planet.

Some people, are just human trash.

No not everyone is unique and special, deserving of respect.

A man who scammed many to sate his his glutenous hunger, who essentially robbed from people, deserves as much respect as he showed the business owners he scammed.

And now poetic justice, his gluttony has led him to hospice care in need of respirators to live...

You get the level of respect you earn, its not something to just be given because you manage to survive being born to become a blight on society...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The sad thing is jail for a few years could ultimately save his fat ass from a heart attack since he'd be forced to eat less.

Put him on probation and make him report to a gym 5 days a week for a few years.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

your attempted analogies don't hold water

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Because of this, prosecutors anticipated the medical expenses the facility would incur, so they decided to offer a plea deal.

Well, there you have it. Proof positive! We have the very best legal system in the world ....which money can buy.

Do you get convicted or don't you? (How much did you pay for legal representation?) Do you go to jail or not? (will you cost extra to house?)

All kinds of ways money comes before what we pretend are core values and national baselines of right and wrong. The only right seems to be what makes the bottom line dollar figure look pretty.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh look, a person with a very serious problem that's hurting him and those around him- we might actually be able to do some good here. Oh, we're only here to cage people for money and not help anyone? But he won't fit in the cage. I guess there's no money in it- cut him loose.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

but of course some will whine that that's cruel and unusual punishment

No.
Nobody's whining about "cruel and unusual punishment" here.

A conditional sentencing makes more sense rather than incarcerating someone who's incarceration costs would be more than the costs incurred in the fraud crimes he committed.

Hence the reason why prosecution decided to make a plea deal instead:

But making childishly ridiculous comments such as:

Yah really. Part of the plea deal should have included him having to feed an African nation using one of his appendages.

HAHAHAHAHAHA the irony, fat man scams restaurants

How much fuel would it cost to cart that hippo around with a broom up his grand canyon? I have a better Idea,..suck the lard from him,..sell it to the lypo clinics and he can pay his depths and become a poster boy for Mc# salad.

I cannot stand super fat people they are the image of greed. Instead of burning fossil fuels how about we throw a fatty in the furnace every now and then?

Etc.

Does not a judicial system make.

Perhaps the USA has the highest prison population in the world due to the fact that every "hippo" and "lardass" who commits minor fraud needs to be locked up and have the key thrown away because, apparently, any other form of punishment just isn't suitable enough ?

The size of this criminal and the nature of the crimes he committed, it's obvious he has an addictive mental instability issue that needs to be dealt with (aka psychological help)... But instead, let's do the "American" thing and shove a Prozac down his throat and lock him up for 18 months, and then toss him back out into the street to continue collecting his welfare cheques.

Or maybe it's just simply because he's a "hippo-lardass-greedy-society-sucking-pig" ? Thus the "fat pig" should be locked up either way.

... In that case, it's too bad all the politicians, banksters, and Fed Reserve shareholders aren't all 600-pound lardass pigs too.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Also important to note:

Nowhere in the OP's source news link does this newspaper specify exactly what that plea deal was.

The newspaper chose to equate "not going to jail" with getting off "scott-free".

Because of this lack of full information, we can only assume his punishment was that of a conditional sentencing (residing in a care home that can handle his medical needs while he fulfills his punishment and debt to society).

Thus, the criminal actually was charged and a suitable punishment chosen to fit the crime and the criminals unusual circumstances.

What we have here is yet another case of news headline attention-grabbing propaganda prejudism at its best... and a bunch of ATS posters who fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join