It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROCKSTAR GAMES...Ya Really Blew It With GTA V

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

my personal vehicle is a motorcycle, and that thing gets stolen all the time. sooooo frustrating.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just completed a mission called "The Los Santos Connection", longest and most intricate mission I've played so far.

1. Interrupt a drug deal
2. Drive to another location, defend teammate while he hacks a laptop to get the location of the supplier
3. Go to airport, hijack helicopter to fire missiles into a hangar, killing lots of gangsters in the process, enter the hangar to retrieve pure coke.
4. Shoot down jet carrying the fleeing supplier
5. Return to Martin Madrazzo

So when you say the missions are all boring and the same, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Stop doing low-level missions

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If your bored you must not be using your imagination. I have seen and preformed some pretty crafty methods of taking people out. My favorite being an "off the radar" HALO jump insertion and a stealth knife kill to collect a bounty. Another good one is using an NPC car to blend into traffic while my blip is removed and try to pull off a drive by without being noticed before I shoot. Also perfecting a clean get away is fun too. Having a buddy near by with a chopper to evac you is the best but heading into the underground or making your way to a chopper lester marked works too.

All and all im having a blast coming up with new ways to piss folks off without spawn killing or tanks or other usual methods of trolling folks

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

SeriousIndividual
Oh, I forgot some things.

The whole "good sport" "bad sport" system they've implemented. If you blow up another player's vehicle, meaning a vehicle they've insured and is now linked to that player, if you blow it up you're told you're playing like a "bad sport" and have to pay a certain amount of money depending on the insurance type they have on the vehicle.

WHAT ON EARTH!?!?!?!?!

I'm playing GRAND THEFT AUTO! A game where you kill people, steal vehicles, crash vehicles, run down people with your vehicle, rob people, etc. and I'm considered a "bad sport" if I blow up another player's vehicle? This has got to be one of the worst decisions ever made in a video game. You're playing Grand Theft Auto V Online. I understand in some situations it is REALLY cheap to just blow up someone's vehicle to kill them, but I've experienced many situations where blowing up their vehicle made the most sense.

For example, I'm cornered and here comes a vehicle with four people down a alley. I might be able to kill all four by blowing up the vehicle they're in so I give it a shot because I know I'm screwed otherwise. IT WORKS and I live, but not without being considered a "bad sport" (it actually says this on the screen) and having to pay for their vehicle.

Another example: I'm in a helicopter which can shoot rockets and I'm attempting to kill a guy. He runs to a vehicle which happens to be "his vehicle". He drives away and I pursue him in the air. Shortly after I score a direct hit with a rocket and it blows up his vehicle and kills him. It was semi difficult to hit him with the rocket as it doesn't lock on in this situation. Guess what? I'm considered a bad sport and have to pay $12500 to pay for his "super car". RIDICULOUS! What was I supposed to do, ask him to please step out of his vehicle so I can kill him? HAS ROCKSTAR LOST THEIR DAMN MINDS!?!?!

You can buy a tank in the game, but for what reason if I'm not supposed to use it to blow up everything in my path? So you're telling me if I save up enough to buy this tank, I better be careful not to blow up someone's vehicle as I wreck havoc across the city? HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS!?!?!?!

One last example: I have a bounty on my head. Some guy is coming to kill me so he can collect it. He pulls up in his vehicle and I kill by shooting him through his windshield. Within 5 seconds he's going to respawn nearby. I'm planning to continue to flee across the land and I know he's just going to jump back in his "fast" car to chase after me. There sits his vehicle and my options are to blow it up so he can't use it to chase after me and kill me or leave it sit there so he can get right back in it and continue to chase after me. Hmmm...it only makes sense to hinder his pursuit so why not blow up his vehicle? BECAUSE IF YOU DO YOU'LL BE CONSIDERED A BAD SPORT AND HAVE TO PAY A LARGE SUM OF MONEY! I know this is the case, but I do it anyway because I say "Screw this nonsense, I'm doing it anyway," and I do. "You blew up another player's vehicle. You're being a bad sport. If you continue to do this you'll be designated an official bad sport and will only be matched with other "bad sports"." -This is pretty much what it says on the screen. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! "Please step out of the vehicle so I can kill you sir." GOD OH GOD!

Let's talk about another horrible idea implemented in the online. What is it? Not being able to steal another player's vehicle. Let me remind you I'm playing the video game GRAND THEFT AUTO. (Def: Motor vehicle theft (sometimes referred to as grand theft auto by the media and police departments in the US) is the criminal act of stealing or attempting to steal a car.)

If you approach another players vehicle you are given a message which tells you the vehicle is owned by another player and you can't get into it because of this.
NOT ALLOWED TO STEAL ANOTHER PLAYER'S VEHICLE BECAUSE THEY OWN THE VEHICLE!?!?!!?!?!?!?
When I first saw this message I knew Rockstar had really blew it. I knew this multiplayer was completely screwed. It was obvious. When I saw I couldn't steal another player's vehicle in the game 'Grand Theft Auto' I knew the world was screwed. They had managed to completely destroy a game which had potential.

I'd like to have the necks of every single person who thought these ideas were worth implementing.
edit on 8-11-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

If they have a bounty on them you can destroy their ride with no bad sport points. Me and a buddy fly around bountying people for fun just to fly by and rocket them from a buzzard...he is a good pilot and im a good enough shot to pop an adder at full speed within a few tries. You should go over to the gta v forum and read up. All these problems I see in here, aside from the technical bs they should have sorted in a real beta test, could be solved by a little research.

ETA: you can use the jerry can to encircle their car with gas and burn it up without bad sport points either. Just dont pour it directly on the car. Also you can bail from a PV and ghost ride it into water or drop from a cargo bob and not get bad sport points too.
edit on 8-11-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have a PS3 crew called Double Tap Assassins. Its open membership...so if you need a hand join me. Also my PSN is RickyDigits420 just remind me your from ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

How? I am always told I can't get in another players vehicle because it isn't owned by me.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

That's not true. Just today I blew up a vehicle a guy with a bounty was in and got the bad sport message along with having to pay for damages. Also, everything I mentioned are simple facts of the game. They can't be corrected unless these ridiculous "rules" are gotten rid of. There's nothing to learn. If you blow up another player's vehicle you get the bad sport message along with having to pay for damages. All of my examples are perfectly reasonable situations, yet I'm the one who gets screwed. There are certain parts of this games which should never have been implemented. If there exists some bizarre way to get around these problems the game has such as pouring gasoline around the car to blow it up I won't be wasting my time doing the "magic dance" just to avoid the nonsense. The game shouldn't even have these "rules" in place. They don't deter anyone from blowing up the vehicle anyway. I still do it. I still see other people do it all the time. Nobody seems to care. It really isn't about the "penalty" but more so about the simple principle behind it all. It shows they put their minds to creating worthless parts of this game while leaving others completely lacking.
edit on 8-11-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

The higher end vehicles usually cost you around $12500 in damages. As I said in another reply, no one really is deterred by this system as I see people blowing up vehicles all the time. I'm proof that it doesn't work because even thought I clearly have a problem with it, I still do it. This "bad sport" system serves absolutely no purpose. It just gets in the way. It's completely worthless. It just shows the developers didn't have their priorities straight and the poorly designed multiplayer/matchmaking system DEFINITELY proves this.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here are some more complaints from me.

1. The cut scenes at the end of co op missions. Some of them go on WAY TOO LONG. For instance, the one where the guy asks you to keep the house between you and him, he talks about how he bought the house for a friend. This cut scene goes on for at least 20 seconds and after having to sit through it for the 10th time, you begin to lose your mind. The point here isn't that the cut scenes are too long, it's that they serve no purpose and become VERY REPETITIVE after seeing the same ones over and over and over again. In GTA IV each of the 3 co op missions had a cut scene at the beginning, but it could be skipped if one person in the match pressed a button to skip it. It didn't matter if you were the host or not, all it took was a press of any button (or a specific, I forget) and it ended. You can't skip the cut scenes in GTA V. Whose idea was this?

2. This is a problem I have with single player. During missions your character will constantly be shouting things during shootouts. Sometimes it makes some sense such as if you're supposed to be searching for someone and your character is shouting out things while he's fighting through enemies like, "Where you at in here?" Most of the time though your character is CONSTANTLY shouting things at the enemies. A good example of this would be something like, "You're messing with the wrong guys." Think about how many missions there are where you're shooting your way through enemies. There's a whole lot of them. In every single one of these missions your character is a never ending chatterbox. SHUT THE .... UP FOR GOD'S SAKE! Oh my lord, it gets so annoying. "You're messing with the wrong guys." (2 seconds later) "You don't know who you're messing with!" (3 seconds later) "Another asshole down!"....... These quick "one liners" are triggered when you kill someone, that's why they're constantly happening. You're moving through a hall of guys and every time you kill someone your character has a "witty" one liner for them. Why??.... It's so gimmicky. It gets old REAL FAST. Who thought this was a good idea? Why can't they just shut their mouth during a shootout and only say what makes sense such as, "More coming in from the right," or something along those lines? A really good example of this is the bank heist up north. I'll post a video below so you can see what I mean. Skip around it and make sure you get a chance to hear all the worthless talking occurring while they shoot their way through police outside and then as they shoot their way through inside the building. There's constant "quirky" remarks about the police and military like, "More Army? This is why our defense spending is as much as the rest of the world combined!" and "You don't care about this money!" COME ON!!!! I get it. The developers are using these opportunities to sneak in some jokes that relate to real life, but GIVE ME A BREAK, it completely takes away all seriousness they game had going for it. The bank robbers are cracking jokes the entire time they fight through the police.......it completely ruins the game.

3. One of the cut scenes at the end of a mission had Michael and Franklin standing on the sidewalk, pedestrians and cars going by, and Michael was covered in blood, cuts, and bullet hole. Would you really go stand on a public street looking like this? Of course not! There are many moments during the single player campaign which make just as much sense when they could have been easily avoided. How about....Michael and Franklin stand in Michael's garage to have this talk instead on the sidewalk? They did just drive up in the same vehicle. Why couldn't Michael pull into his gated property, into the garage, and close the door? It's things like this which make me wonder if they had very much quality control going on during the development.

GTA IV was a very serious game with just the right amount of "humor" thrown in. There were very few moments where jokes were being cracked during a firefight and the game took itself seriously to a point. This time around it's obvious they intended this game to be a a big "goof fest". It's not the right way to go. It completely ruined what could have been a story to compete with GTA IV's, but sadly in my mind it may just be one of the worst stories ever implemented in a AAA title. The world is amazing. The amount of content is amazing. They've nearly perfected how all of this can come together to make one big world, but they completely slacked off in some areas and, once again, I believe it has to do with where their time and money went to. I believe most of the time, money, and effort went to creating the world and there remained a very lacking effort with the story, the missions (co op and single player), the matchmaking system, and the online mode. Their main goal was to create this massive world and then focus on the "gameplay". This wasn't the right way to go. Anyone who thinks this story is better than GTA IV's is a fool.

This is how I would rate the game, breaking it down into many areas:
1= Horrible, 10= Amazing

Story: 5
Dialogue: 6
Single player mission design: 7.5
Other content: 8
Mix of seriousness and humor: 5 (bad mix)
Soul: 9 (This is attributed to what you'll see if you just stand back and look at the world)

Single player rating: 7 (I'll round up)
The best way to describe the single player OVERALL is "Good". It really lacks in some areas, but goes above and beyond in others. It's just a good single player experience.

Now for multiplayer....

Story (because they tried to include one): 3 (They should have never bothered)
Dialogue: 4 (Once again, should not have bothered)
Co op mission design: 5
Races: 9
Team based games: 7.5
Non-team based games: 7
Character design system: 2 (HORRENDOUS, I might have broke my rating scale here)
Other content: 7
Matchmaking system: 3 (Bad)
Soul: 7

Multiplayer rating: 6 (Rounding up again)
The multiplayer is "Okay" or "Alright" as of now. If they fix the problems and add some better content I can see this score rising past the single player score. This would mean a person would rather play multiplayer over the singleplayer mode if they had the choice. In this case you would have to consider this person to be someone who already played a good amount of both the singleplayer and multiplayer and now has to decide what they want to spend their time doing when they turn on the game.

edit on 9-11-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I would honestly love for the next GTA to take place somewhere in Europe and this time around have a story which takes itself 100% seriously. Think about an excellent crime film. The best of the best are very serious, yet there's just enough humor to create a perfect experience from start to end. As I already mentioned, GTA IV came close to this, for a video game, but GTA V definitely messed up. A European setting with a serious story about organized crime. Perfect, as long as it's done correctly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join